Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
  1. #181 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Community!

I figured after my recent experience with launcher errors and "FATAL exceptions", as well as our missing Love Day files returning 404 errors when trying to update, I would attempt to provide some insight and hopefully a solution to our issues.

The method that I used is as followed:

This method is for Windows. I would imagine that it is a similar process for other platforms, but as of yet, I do not have access to those others platforms to troubleshoot.

1.) Make sure you're running the latest SWG Legends launcher. If you're unsure, the download link is here:
    https://swglegends.com/launcher/SWGLegendsLauncher.exe

Move this file to the root (base of the folder (open the main folder for the game and just paste the launcher there)) of your Star Wars Galaxies folder (for me it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Station\Launchpad\Software" but it will probably be different for you).

Screenshot (27).png

Right-click on the file after you've moved it and then click "Properties".

Screenshot (28).jpg

In this window, navigate to "Compatibility".

At the bottom of the window, check the box that reads "Run this program as an administrator".

Screenshot (29).jpg

Click "Apply" in the above window.

NOTE: Make sure you're starting the correct launcher. The latest launcher is SWGLegendsLauncher.exe, not SWGLegends.exe. It may be a good idea to make a shortcut for the latest launcher to add to your desktop.

2.) Probably not necessary, but I did this anyway.

Open "launchersettings.ini" in the root of your Star Wars Galaxies folder (for me it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Station\Launchpad\Software\launchersett ings.ini" but it will probably be different for you) by right-clicking and then clicking "Edit".

launchersettings.png

The first set of values in Notepad (default program) should read:
    [general]
    version = 1.0
    autocheck = true

-or-

[general]
    version = 1.2
    autocheck = true

I changed the version to 3.10 (you should, too(?)), so mine looks like this:
    [general]
    version = 3.10
    autocheck = true

v3.1.jpg

Make sure to click "File" and "Save" after making this change.

3.) Open the new launcher and log in. Wait for the launcher to verify the files in the folder(s). Now you can click "Update" in the launcher to download the missing files that were returning 404 errors in the crash log.

NOTE: If you're having issues with launching the game after performing these steps, you may also need to run the launcher in compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by HealthcareGOV; 06-14-2018 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Clarity, Screenshots, Launcher Emphasis

2. #182 Re: Launcher Guide 
    New Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was going to be my original post in response to HealthcareGOV:

"Thank you for the detailed and thorough guide, it was very easy to use and the screenshots helped a ton. I followed your guide to the letter and after the last step of changing the version from 1.0 to 3.10 and then saving the changes, the launcher still gives me the following errors:

(6/13/2018 10:07:54 PM) loveday_flowers_2011.stf - The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
    (6/13/2018 10:07:54 PM) btt.stf - The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."

However, after feeling defeated and looking over your guide once again, I noticed that I had been starting SWGLegends.exe instead of SWGLegendsLauncher.exe. I believe changing the version to 3.10 is what solved the problem because when I had used that launcher for the first time before changing anything, it looked completely different from the current one and no buttons on it worked. I assumed the yellow and black launcher that pops up after starting SWGLegends.exe was the most recent launcher and said launcher was giving me the errors that everybody is talking about.

After following HealthcareGOV's guide, SWGLegendsLauncher.exe now works properly and fully updated itself within a few seconds. I'm now looking at the play button for the first time.. thank you so much for the help, I was stuck on what to do.
    Last edited by bigchevyman; 06-13-2018 at 11:30 PM. Reason: grammar

3. #183 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigchevyman View Post
    This was going to be my original post in response to HealthcareGOV:

"Thank you for the detailed and thorough guide, it was very easy to use and the screenshots helped a ton. I followed your guide to the letter and after the last step of changing the version from 1.0 to 3.10 and then saving the changes, the launcher still gives me the following errors:

(6/13/2018 10:07:54 PM) loveday_flowers_2011.stf - The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
    (6/13/2018 10:07:54 PM) btt.stf - The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."

However, after feeling defeated and looking over your guide once again, I noticed that I had been starting SWGLegends.exe instead of SWGLegendsLauncher.exe. I believe changing the version to 3.10 is what solved the problem because when I had used that launcher for the first time before changing anything, it looked completely different from the current one and no buttons on it worked. I assumed the yellow and black launcher that pops up after starting SWGLegends.exe was the most recent launcher and said launcher was giving me the errors that everybody is talking about.

After following HealthcareGOV's guide, SWGLegendsLauncher.exe now works properly and fully updated itself within a few seconds. I'm now looking at the play button for the first time.. thank you so much for the help, I was stuck on what to do.

I'm glad you were able to get into the game!

Cheers!

4. #184 Re: Launcher Guide 
    New Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That guide was grand, I had to revert my java to the version accepted but once I did that I was able to get it all running.

Thanks for the screenshots that helped out.

5. #185 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HealthcareGOV View Post
    Hello Community!

I figured after my recent experience with launcher errors and "FATAL exceptions", as well as our missing Love Day files returning 404 errors when trying to update, I would attempt to provide some insight and hopefully a solution to our issues.

The method that I used is as followed:

1.) Make sure you're running the latest SWG Legends launcher. If you're unsure, the download link is here:
    https://swglegends.com/launcher/SWGLegendsLauncher.exe

Move this file to the root (base of the folder (open the main folder for the game and just paste the launcher there)) of your Star Wars Galaxies folder (for me it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Station\Launchpad\Software" but it will probably be different for you).

Screenshot (27).png

Right-click on the file after you've moved it and then click "Properties".

Screenshot (28).jpg

In this window, navigate to "Compatibility".

At the bottom of the window, check the box that reads "Run this program as an administrator".

Screenshot (29).jpg

Click "Apply" in the above window.

NOTE: Make sure you're starting the correct launcher. The latest launcher is SWGLegendsLauncher.exe, not SWGLegends.exe. It may be a good idea to make a shortcut for the latest launcher to add to your desktop.

2.) Probably not necessary, but I did this anyway.

Open "launchersettings.ini" in the root of your Star Wars Galaxies folder (for me it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Station\Launchpad\Software\launchersett ings.ini" but it will probably be different for you) by right-clicking and then clicking "Edit".

launchersettings.png

The first set of values in Notepad (default program) should read:
    [general]
    version = 1.0
    autocheck = true

-or-

[general]
    version = 1.2
    autocheck = true

I changed the version to 3.10 (you should, too(?)), so mine looks like this:
    [general]
    version = 3.10
    autocheck = true

v3.1.jpg

Make sure to click "File" and "Save" after making this change.

3.) Open the new launcher and log in. Wait for the launcher to verify the files in the folder(s). Now you can click "Update" in the launcher to download the missing files that were returning 404 errors in the crash log.

Hope this helps!
    I was following this guide. I don't have a launchersettings.ini in my folder. also trying to use new launcher tell me it doesn't have read/write permissions which it does. I have followed the other steps and have had no luck. First time trying to get on since around christmas. any help would be great.
    Last edited by Fedristwilc; 06-14-2018 at 12:20 PM.

6. #186 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This new launcher is giving me so many problems. First I was getting the error code 17 as others were and a CSR helped me with the .exe file I needed, but now as I am trying to update the launcher it is constantly getting stuck on patches and taking forever to update, why is it taking me 8 hours to update this thing?

7. #187 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin View Post
    That guide was grand, I had to revert my java to the version accepted but once I did that I was able to get it all running.

Thanks for the screenshots that helped out.
    Thanks for the helpful tip! I've added in the guide that it may be necessary to run the launcher in compatibility mode.

I'm glad you were able to get into the game! Have fun!

8. #188 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedristwilc View Post
    I was following this guide. I don't have a launchersettings.ini in my folder. also trying to use new launcher tell me it doesn't have read/write permissions which it does. I have followed the other steps and have had no luck. First time trying to get on since around christmas. any help would be great.
    Which operating system are you on?

Where is your file directory located for your game?

Are you able to run SWGLegenderLauncher.exe as an administrator by right-clicking and selecting "Run as administrator"?

Try opening the old launcher or the launcher updater. The old launcher may be able to write your missing file to the directory. If it can't, try this:

1.) Download the "launchersettings.ini" file here:
    https://goo.gl/q6s4nQ

2.) Move the file to the root (base of the folder (open the main folder for the game and just paste the file there)) of your Star Wars Galaxies folder (for me it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Station\Launchpad\Software" but it will probably be different for you).

3.) Try to run "SWGLegendsLauncher.exe" as an administrator by right-clicking and selecting "Run as administrator".

3A.) If you're still having trouble, try running "SWGLegendsLauncher.exe" in compatibility mode by right-clicking the program and selecting "Properties".
    Last edited by HealthcareGOV; 06-14-2018 at 03:14 PM.

9. #189 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratiss View Post
    This new launcher is giving me so many problems. First I was getting the error code 17 as others were and a CSR helped me with the .exe file I needed, but now as I am trying to update the launcher it is constantly getting stuck on patches and taking forever to update, why is it taking me 8 hours to update this thing?
    The updates needed are quite large if you haven't played in a while. It could be a number of things from the host to a slower internet connection. Personally, it took me a few hours to update the game via the new launcher. A little annoying, but it was worth the wait! I hope you're able to get into the game!
    Last edited by HealthcareGOV; 06-14-2018 at 03:41 PM.

10. #190 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everytime I run the launcher, it has to scan files. Which only takes a few minutes, but it also finds 200 patches to download... EVERY TIME. Not sure what it keeps finding but I usually skip the launcher now and run the client file directly.
    Kakei Oiricap
    Launch Vet from Kettemoor
    Criminal / Rebel Pilot For Hire

Seeking RP / Space guild and community!