Thread: Launcher Guide

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
  1. #201 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    Can we please just revert back to the old launcher? This new launcher is one error after another. I had to revert back to an older version Java. Had to add launcher settings .ini. Now getting error: unable to write to directory The given fix is to make sure the SWGLegends folder is set to read/write. Windows ignores those settings. You can open properties all you want, uncheck read only all you want, hit apply all you want, hit ok all you want, but it just reverts to read only.

An FAQ/Troubleshoot guide on the "Install SWG" page would probably make a huge difference; maybe adding a link to a game (known issues) troubleshooting guide found on the forums.
    The installation video on youtube is good but skips right over brief segments that could have saved me a lot of time troubleshooting.
    I'm trudging through a reinstall, and if I had this much trouble with my first installation, I likely would have given up shortly after.
    I think they did a great job bringing this back from the dead, but first impressions and word of mouth matter with retros/emulators; more so than when they had the support of corporate suitors.

2. #202 Re: Launcher Guide 
    New Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HealthcareGOV View Post
    Hello Community!

I figured after my recent experience with launcher errors and "FATAL exceptions", as well as our missing Love Day files returning 404 errors when trying to update, I would attempt to provide some insight and hopefully a solution to our issues.

The method that I used is as followed:

This method is for Windows. I would imagine that it is a similar process for other platforms, but as of yet, I do not have access to those others platforms to troubleshoot.

1.) Make sure you're running the latest SWG Legends launcher. If you're unsure, the download link is here:
    https://swglegends.com/launcher/SWGLegendsLauncher.exe

Move this file to the root (base of the folder (open the main folder for the game and just paste the launcher there)) of your Star Wars Galaxies folder (for me it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Station\Launchpad\Software" but it will probably be different for you).

Attachment 5274

Right-click on the file after you've moved it and then click "Properties".

Attachment 5270

In this window, navigate to "Compatibility".

At the bottom of the window, check the box that reads "Run this program as an administrator".

Attachment 5271

Click "Apply" in the above window.

NOTE: Make sure you're starting the correct launcher. The latest launcher is SWGLegendsLauncher.exe, not SWGLegends.exe. It may be a good idea to make a shortcut for the latest launcher to add to your desktop.

2.) Probably not necessary, but I did this anyway.

Open "launchersettings.ini" in the root of your Star Wars Galaxies folder (for me it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Station\Launchpad\Software\launchersett ings.ini" but it will probably be different for you) by right-clicking and then clicking "Edit".

Attachment 5275

The first set of values in Notepad (default program) should read:
    [general]
    version = 1.0
    autocheck = true

-or-

[general]
    version = 1.2
    autocheck = true

I changed the version to 3.10 (you should, too(?)), so mine looks like this:
    [general]
    version = 3.10
    autocheck = true

Attachment 5276

Make sure to click "File" and "Save" after making this change.

3.) Open the new launcher and log in. Wait for the launcher to verify the files in the folder(s). Now you can click "Update" in the launcher to download the missing files that were returning 404 errors in the crash log.

NOTE: If you're having issues with launching the game after performing these steps, you may also need to run the launcher in compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you, I was able to join with this guide. The main link here,
    https://swglegends.com/play/
    This has an older Launcher that would not update for me, but the one provided in this thread worked.

3. #203 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanok View Post
    I've been getting the same issue. Every time I close the launcher and re-open it, there are 198 total patch files that have to be downloaded. This is the 4th time it's happened. Did you happen to find anything related to this issue?
    I'm also experiencing this problem.

EDIT: The solution was that the launcher on the home page was not the most up to date client. I fixed this by changing my version number from 1.0 to 1.2, installing the newest launcher and running it, changed it back from 1.2 to 1.0 and then running it a second time. Doing this gave me the right version of the launcher. It installed the 198 patches once more and then never again.
    Last edited by Blaqlite; 07-12-2018 at 01:49 AM.

4. #204 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaqlite View Post
    I'm also experiencing this problem.

EDIT: The solution was that the launcher on the home page was not the most up to date client. I fixed this by changing my version number from 1.0 to 1.2, installing the newest launcher and running it, changed it back from 1.2 to 1.0 and then running it a second time. Doing this gave me the right version of the launcher. It installed the 198 patches once more and then never again.
    This helped me too, thanks man =)

5. #205 Re: Launcher Guide 
    New Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I downloaded the .iso files from the SWG reddit, mounted them and went through the install as usual. However, I am worried that it did not install the files properly as I just have a bunch of data_texture/sample/animation files in the root file. Also, when trying to run the Legends launcher and Launcher-Utility.exe I get the error "This application requires a Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0-1.8.0_161" despite having installed the proper Java editions. I've also completely reinstalled SWG using the .iso's again to ensure something hadn't gone wrong, but I still got the same data_texture files in the root.

6. #206 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the new launcher compatible with Windows XP? It opened/updated/verified, etc but it closes if I click anywhere on it. It allows me to enter my username and password and move around from button to button by using tabs, but the ENTER key doesn't work. I read somewhere to open as administrator in properties compatibility panel, but that option isn't available in the WIndows XP properties dialog box. So is the game no longer playable in Windows XP?

(The new launcher looks BEAUTIFUL, by the way.)

7. #207 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwhooper View Post
    So, I downloaded the .iso files from the SWG reddit, mounted them and went through the install as usual. However, I am worried that it did not install the files properly as I just have a bunch of data_texture/sample/animation files in the root file. Also, when trying to run the Legends launcher and Launcher-Utility.exe I get the error "This application requires a Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0-1.8.0_161" despite having installed the proper Java editions. I've also completely reinstalled SWG using the .iso's again to ensure something hadn't gone wrong, but I still got the same data_texture files in the root.
    You need to purchase physical SWG disks per SWG Legends policy, might also be one of the causes of your problem.

8. #208 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled the SWG client 15 times now in a dozen different folders over the past three hours and no matter what SwgClient_R.exe does not show up in the directory and the launcher will not proceed without it.

There have been zero helpful response anywhere on what to do if you don't even have the file other than staff posting to tell people to ask a CSR on Discord. Tried that, but apparently I'm not allowed to direct message someone on Legend's Discord server even though the welcome instructions say to message a CSR as your first step.

The support for these issues is a joke, none of the other emulators are even remotely this complicated and I never had this issue playing legends 6 months ago.

I'm making one final attempt to resolve this issue before I loose my patience and give up: Can anyone point me to where I can get SwgClient_r.exe?, I don't want to have to go messaging CSRs or posting in another forum, I just need a download link or an answer as to why it's not being included in my installs and how to fix it.

9. #209 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacju View Post
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled the SWG client 15 times now in a dozen different folders over the past three hours and no matter what SwgClient_R.exe does not show up in the directory and the launcher will not proceed without it.

There have been zero helpful response anywhere on what to do if you don't even have the file other than staff posting to tell people to ask a CSR on Discord. Tried that, but apparently I'm not allowed to direct message someone on Legend's Discord server even though the welcome instructions say to message a CSR as your first step.

The support for these issues is a joke, none of the other emulators are even remotely this complicated and I never had this issue playing legends 6 months ago.

I'm making one final attempt to resolve this issue before I loose my patience and give up: Can anyone point me to where I can get SwgClient_r.exe?, I don't want to have to go messaging CSRs or posting in another forum, I just need a download link or an answer as to why it's not being included in my installs and how to fix it.
    Mate, take a step back. You're following directions that tell you to circumvent version systems. Also next time you're having issues a great thing to do is ask the staff that developed these things for help. We have a complete ticket system in which you HAVE NOT utilized.

Please download and extract https://swglegends.com/SWGLegendsLauncher.zip into the root directory of you SWG Install. If you run additional EMU's please be mindful to make a secondary copy for legends. Also make sure that both EXE's are ran as admin mode and that you take personal care to allow it in all your firewalls and installed virus scanners. You will also need to verify that none of the files are set to read only.

Absolutely non of the above is out of the ordinary when installing third party applications that need to access your file system and change files. Some Starwars Galaxies Files are installed as read only or blocked by default. EVERYONES machine is different in some way. It's up to the user to make these STANDARD system changes to allow our application the correct access it needs to function.

Also as for your discord issue, its pretty clear that your account isn't activated at this point. Please visit https://swglegends.com/forums/forumd...d-Chat-Support for discord permissions.

-Kayaba
    Last edited by Kayaba; 08-08-2018 at 10:50 PM.