Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
  1. #221 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post

No, I've given up. I don't think it's actually a read/write issue. Acts more like something is missing. When I get the error "can't write to directory, make sure folder is set to read/write" then I click OK, I get error "windows cannot find 'launcher-utility.exe'. make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again". I have the Launcher in my SWG Legends files and launch directly from there in admin mode. Made sure it is directing to my SWG Legends folder, so it's not a simple issue like that. I did have to add the launcher settings ini that's in the guide to get this far with it, but now the read/write and windows can't find the launcher-utility.exe errors are all I get.
    Wasabi, I'm having pretty much exactly the problem you've described here. Did you ever get it resolved?

2. #222 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @jwink Check out this page and follow the instructions for installing the launcher: https://swglegends.com/play/#part-ii...ng-swg-legends

3. #223 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think my problems have been solved...

I made a clean folder and put the legends launcher and associated files in there first. Then I manually copied ONLY the swgclient_r.exe and swgclientsetup_r.exe files from my SWG installation to that new folder. The clean launcher installation worked, and is patching everything. It's taking forever to do, but it seems to be working.

I have a lot of theories as to what was happening before, but they're just that: theories. And not scientifically robust theories like gravity and evolution, I'm talking vague guesses here!

Fingers crossed, but I hope to be in game soon, and in space not long after...

4. #224 Re: Launcher Guide 
    New Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratiss View Post
    This new launcher is giving me so many problems. First I was getting the error code 17 as others were and a CSR helped me with the .exe file I needed, but now as I am trying to update the launcher it is constantly getting stuck on patches and taking forever to update, why is it taking me 8 hours to update this thing?
    I am having this issue as well.

Everything worked for me first shot but now I'm at the patching phase and it locks up every 3-5 minutes and needs to be closed and opened again over and over.. but its been 2 and a half days....I work a lot and cant be monitoring my PC for hours.
    I'm really sad I cant play this game its just a game but,,,,:( my childhood so close but yet so far, hopefully someone can help us.

5. #225 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím still trying to figure out this java issue. Iíve uninstalled all instances of java and only installed the 32 bit yet I continue to receive the same message...

6. #226 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So ive been having this issue today after a launcher update where the swgclient_r exe file vanished. Even after a clean install and patch its still not there.. what do?

7. #227 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Forum Advisor

Cauth Bodva, City of guild TT (The Tourists or Les Touristes)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stormedrelic View Post
    So ive been having this issue today after a launcher update where the swgclient_r exe file vanished. Even after a clean install and patch its still not there.. what do?
    Exactly the same for me today. All was fine yesterday but today, can't launch the game as, after a short launcher update, it says "swgclient_r.exe can't be found"
    RED is DEAD! ... at least, it should be!

"PickUp-DropOff by -AtAl-" /way 155 -4970 , city of Cauth Bodva (shuttle), Rori

8. #228 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the issue resolved itself. I did a fresh install and patch a day later and its been fine ever since. @Post er above try patching it after a day or so and if it doesnt work a fresh install.

9. #229 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Forum Advisor

Cauth Bodva, City of guild TT (The Tourists or Les Touristes)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After Dev'investigation, they ask me to delete the game, reinstall launcher, DL and update. And then, all works as intended....
    RED is DEAD! ... at least, it should be!

"PickUp-DropOff by -AtAl-" /way 155 -4970 , city of Cauth Bodva (shuttle), Rori

10. #230 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Senior Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stormedrelic View Post
    I have the same issue with every launcher update. It starts the update, suddenly the bar turns green as it's finished updating and I get the play button but then it can't find swgclient_r.exe file. The question mark by the update status bar says there is an update needed even though the play button is active. Launcher version is 2.31

I keep closing the launcher and starting it over and it again says I need to update, but I get the same result when I do. I have reinstalled the game a couple times hoping that would fix it. At some point the update has always worked but it is usually a day or two after it was posted. I've gotten used to the fact that any time there is an update I will be out of game for a couple days.
    Last edited by Astari; 09-08-2019 at 12:56 PM.