Thread: Launcher Guide

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24
  1. #231 Re: Launcher Guide 
    New Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesnt open for me. I press open as admin but it doesnt work at all.

2. #232 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwink View Post
    I think my problems have been solved...

I made a clean folder and put the legends launcher and associated files in there first. Then I manually copied ONLY the swgclient_r.exe and swgclientsetup_r.exe files from my SWG installation to that new folder. The clean launcher installation worked, and is patching everything. It's taking forever to do, but it seems to be working.

I have a lot of theories as to what was happening before, but they're just that: theories. And not scientifically robust theories like gravity and evolution, I'm talking vague guesses here!

Fingers crossed, but I hope to be in game soon, and in space not long after...
    Thank you for sharing that. I was away from the game for months and my Launcher failed to launch when I came back. DL'ed the newest version, reinstalled, kept failing. Uninstalled everything, including SWG, reinstalled Launcher per instructions, still failed to launch. Followed your lead, and I now have the Launcher running & downloading updates. Hopefully, it's downhill from here.

3. #233 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingoboy View Post
    Thank you for sharing that. I was away from the game for months and my Launcher failed to launch when I came back. DL'ed the newest version, reinstalled, kept failing. Uninstalled everything, including SWG, reinstalled Launcher per instructions, still failed to launch. Followed your lead, and I now have the Launcher running & downloading updates. Hopefully, it's downhill from here.
    Hi all

I've been having the same problem on and off for a month or 2. I think I have found the problem, the 'SwgClient_r.exe' is being removed from the folder by my anti-virus software (AVG in my case) and is being quaratined, I have added it to the exceptions list and seems to be ok now. Make sure too add it if you are still having problems and get the right one, not the setup one.

4. #234 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello

i keep getting an error on the launcher when i try to update it....Error: unable to verify checksum- check admin/write permissions. i am not very tech savy and i have no idea what that means...i tried running as admin but didnt help

5. #235 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Patrobas; 01-21-2020 at 11:01 PM. Reason: fixed broken image

6. #236 Re: Launcher Guide 
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so before the update yesterday, i could open up the launcher and id get "unable to get patch server manifest" but since hte launcher was aready updated i could just launch from exe anyway, now since the update, it gives me the same message but because it cant get the server manifest it wont update, so i reinstalled three times to try to fix it, but now im getting that message, but now instead of "check" it gives me the play option and says im on the latest update, but now since the fresh install my swgexe file isnt downloading with the rest of the game, and i had keerf send me the file manually but when i install and open it says "this app cannot run on your computer" which makes zero sense because the original exe worke fine. I have tried everything from a clean install of game and launcher, to a total pc refresh back to factory, please if anyone can help me id love you forever