User Tag List

Thread: Elections for the EIGHTH Galactic Senate - Nominations are now CLOSED!

1. #1 Elections for the EIGHTH Galactic Senate - Nominations are now CLOSED! 
    Senate Liaison & Lead QA

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Greetings Legends!

It is that time of the year again when we invite the Legends Community to put forward candidates for election to the next Galactic Senate, to take office from the 1st March 2020 after the current Senate leaves office on the 29th February 2020.

Being part of the Galactic Senate programme is a both an honour and a responsibility - as a serving senator you will be the bridge between the Project Staff and the Legends Community and it will be your responsibility to represent the views and opinions of the community at all times.

ELECTION TIMETABLE
    The timetable for the elections to the Eighth Galactic Senate is as follows:

• Saturday 25th January - Nominations Open
    • Friday 7th February - Nominations Close
    • Saturday 8th February - Last meeting of the Seventh Galactic Senate
    • Sunday 9th February - Staff Review of Candidates & announcement of Candidates
    • Wednesday 12th February - Voting Opens & Campaigning begins
    • Friday 14th February - Seventh Galactic Senate Statistics Released
    • Saturday 15th February - Senate Forums are archived and reset for next Senate
    • Tuesday 25th February - Voting Closes and Campaigning ends
    • Thursday 27th February - Votes are validated by Customer Service Team and Election Results are announced
    • Saturday 29th February - Seventh Galactic Senate leaves office
    • Sunday 1st March - Eighth Galactic Senate takes office
    • Saturday 7th March - First meeting of the Eighth Galactic Senate

BEING A SENATOR - What to expect
    As a serving Senator you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of the Project and champion those important player issues that the Legends Community want championed!

In addition to interacting with the community and proposing changes and new features on their behalf, Senators will also get an opportunity to interact with the developers, give feedback and even get to help out with testing new content and updates (as required by the QA Team and only at invitation).

You will receive the covetted in-game title of Galactic Senator and a unique forum and discord rank granting you privilleged access to interact with both staff and the community.

NEW THINGS!
    Starting with the EIGHTH Galactic Senate we will be introducing some new features to the Senate program, based on feedback we have received from both Senators and Players alike - these include:

• Senate Election Collections - get credit towards a new collection and badge by voting in the election! (Voting from pre vious senates will be applied to collections at a later date)
    • Senate In-game Rewards - Senators and Player can earn in-game rewards for participation in new in-game senate events such as Committee meetings, town hall meetings, public debates and more!
    • Senate Committees - New this Senate term will be the introduction of a number of Senate Sub-committees which will be chaired by Senators themselves and will focus on a specific aspect of the game with the involvement of the community - look out for committees covering PvP, PvE, Space, Crafting and more!
    • Senator Code of Conduct - we have listened to the negative feedback as well as the positive and starting this term Senators will be held to a higher standard with the new Senator Code of Conduct, ensuring your represetatives act appropriately and can be brought to account if they do not...

NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN!
    If you would like to nominate yourself, or another player (with their permissions), to be a candidate in the election for the Seventh Galactic Senate, please post your nomination in the following thread, being careful to follow the instructions provided: Nominations Thread For the EIGHTH Galactic Senate

If you would like to know more about the Galactic Senate Programme in general, please take a look at the following thread Overview of the Galactic Senate Programme
    Last edited by Nubius; 01-26-2020 at 06:31 PM.

2. #2 Re: Elections for the EIGHTH Galactic Senate - Nominations are now OPEN! 
    Community Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubius View Post
    Senate Committees - New this Senate term will be the introduction of a number of Senate Sub-committees which will be chaired by Senators themselves and will focus on a specific aspect of the game with the involvement of the community - look out for committees covering PvP, PvE, Space, Crafting and more!
    This sounds interesting. Are you able to provide more details on this?

3. #3 Re: Elections for the EIGHTH Galactic Senate - Nominations are now OPEN! 
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discord Name of Nominee:
    Kallas Starburner

Player Association of Nominee:
    DEATH

About the Nominee:
    I am a longtime Star Wars Fan and Game player of Star wars Games.

About the Nominee’s history with SWG:
    I played SWG “Live” from JTL till the end, on the Starsider Server. I was Guild leader
    of ATW ( Advanced Tactical Warrior ) The biggest Imperial guild and GCW Leader
    for the last 2 years of SWG on the Starsider server. I lead by example and played
    every aspect of the game. Heroics, PvP, Space, Invasions, Crafting, Battlefields, ect.

Why does the Nominee wish to be a Galactic Senator:
    To continue to Enhance the Game I so Love to Play.

What ONE thing would the nominee like to change or add to the game:
    I would like to see Bugs squashed that have been in the game from Live, to now.

Why should the SWG Community should vote for the nominee:
    They should vote for me because I have done just about everything in the game, and
    I am an Honest, Direct Player that will bring truth and results.

ATW's Last night of SOE SWG - New Intrepid Talus - ATW Guild - Kallas Starburner GL

4. #4 Re: Elections for the EIGHTH Galactic Senate - Nominations are now OPEN! 
    Galactic Senator

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discord Name of Nominee: Aerkin #3858
    Player Association of Nominee: Fixer

About the Nominee (tell us about what they are like as a person and a player):

As a person, I'm professionally a Firefighter/EMT and an Emergency Room Technician. I'm honest, hard-working, and caring - and throughout my life, I've genuinely enjoyed helping others - whether that be in a real-life or online setting. As a player, I've been an avid roleplayer throughout my time on live - and on Legends - but I also enjoy other aspects of the game such as decorating, space, and GCW (specifically city invasions.) I have also greatly enjoyed my time thus far as a Senator by being able to be an advocate for the community and putting forth proposals that will hopefully help enrich the game that we all love!

About the Nominee’s history with SWG (i.e: how long have they played on Legends, did they play on Live etc.):

I have played SWG from the very beginning - way back in 2003 - and only stopped for a few years after live went down. I found out about Legends about a year and a half ago now and immediately busted out my old disks and got back into the game I loved! About a month into playing Legends, I ran for a Senate seat, largely out of a desire to give the roleplaying community a voice - and as I've mentioned previously - I've enjoyed every moment of it! Not only do I feel that I've been the best advocate I can be for the roleplaying community, but I also feel that my time as Senator has exposed me to so many more areas of the game and has allowed me to be an effective voice for all players and communities within Legends!

Why does the Nominee wish to be a Galactic Senator:

I've truly enjoyed my time as Senator and it is amazing how quick six months goes by! I'd like to stay in my role by continuing to be a voice for new and old players alike, and to keep putting forth proposals that will not only add new content to the game - but also fix existing content. I have always striven to give a 100% in my role as Senator and I would continue that if I am so lucky as to return for a third term.

What ONE thing would the nominee like to change or add to the game:

As a Senator, I have had the privilege of hearing a plethora of great ideas to enrich Legends and there is no way I could narrow them all down to one thing - so I'll simply say that the one thing I'd like to do is to continue to port forth those great ideas and to do everything in my "power" to keep the excitement and potential of Star Wars Galaxies / Legends alive and well!

Why should the SWG Community should vote for the nominee:

As I've said - I have prided myself on putting all the effort I can into being the best Senator, and advocate, for the Legends community - and I will continue to do so if I am graced with a third term. I feel there is still so many more ways that I can help improve the game for us all and I sincerely hope to be given the opportunity to continue to do that work!
    Last edited by Aerkin; 01-26-2020 at 01:46 AM.

5. #5 Re: Elections for the EIGHTH Galactic Senate - Nominations are now OPEN! 
    Senate Liaison & Lead QA

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Kallas nice to see your nomination but its in the wrong thread - can you repost it here please: Eighth Galactic Senate Nomination Thread

6. #6 Re: Elections for the EIGHTH Galactic Senate - Nominations are now OPEN! 
    Community Contributor
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm willing to serve, but I have absolutely have no idea what my duties might entail . . .

7. #7 Re: Elections for the EIGHTH Galactic Senate - Nominations are now OPEN! 
    Player
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to Nominate myself I think with my ideas for the Senate the playerbase will be happy if I am elected as a Senator.
    Was Staff (CSR & GM) on SWGEmu & SWG Bloodfin & creator of the Warden program back on live!
    Warg DSJ Tank
    Discord Malevolent
    Last edited by Dragolith; 02-07-2020 at 03:49 PM.

8. #8 Re: Elections for the EIGHTH Galactic Senate - Nominations are now OPEN! 
    Banned Player
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to Nominate: Shredmaster (Kewarra (or similar variant) in-game and @Kewarra / Shredmaster#0832 on Discord)

Player Association of Nominee: KOALA