Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. #1 *A Dantooine Gathering* 
    Project Admin

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi Legends!

I hope you are all doing well, a slightly different read for you today.

I figured this would be nice to share with you all. I found myself being invited to an in-game event by players that host an in-game event every single week within their city of Ghetto Topia, Dantooine. I decided to attend two of these on my own character. (Yes sometimes staff play the game!) What they are hosting is so kind and considerate to fellow community members. I felt like you all needed to know what was happening there, I wasn't sure what to expect when being invited along, but I was shocked to see they had a full performing band on-stage within their cantina. Not to mention a giveaway of a 60 point pet, I was also told they intend to give away other items such as AV-21's in the future.

Every Sunday a player named Neph Hawke (On Discord known as: Tal) hosts this event that has an emphasis of maintaining a community and forging new friendships. Each Sunday they provide a social friendly in-game setting which allows you to meet other like-minded players that share interests with you. In addition to this they host lotteries and various other in-game activities for you to enjoy.

As for the future of their events I've been told they want to make them bigger and more elaborate. This means multiple things going on at the same time. (Easier than it sounds, believe me!) The objective of hosting this event on-going is to have a self-suffient community fair. They intend to use the storyteller system to enhance the experience of these events.

It was so incredible to see what these players have accomplished with this on-going event, so much so that the Event & Social Media Team has decided to sponsor this event going forwards. Suprise @NepheleVG - Keep up the good work! From now on each player could randomly be rewarded with ONE Token Of Gratification as a little incentive.

If you want to learn more check out their forum thread.

https://swglegends.com/forums/showth...Community-Fair

I did manage to grab one screenshot, I should of zoomed out a bit though! You can't see everyone.

It was well worth checking out.

May the force be with you,

RoarAsh
    Last edited by RoarAsh; 10-20-2019 at 05:11 PM.

2. #2 Re: *A Dantooine Gathering* 
    Community Guide

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the support Roarash! We really hope everyone enjoys the events and getting a chance to meet other players and make some friends :)
    Neph Hawke - Saerialla Thorne
    Master Shipwright - Master Weaponsmith
    Leader of the Starfire Coalition {TSC}
    Visit the Starshadow Enterprises store in Ghetto Topia, just behind City Hall!

3. #3 Re: *A Dantooine Gathering* 
    Community Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey RoarAsh, as the former and soon to be reinstated Mayor of Ghetto Topia, I would like to thank you as well for showing us some love here at the Ghetto and making our event so public. As Neph stated above, we're in the business of creating a place for everyone that wishes to come together to hang out and have a good time. So often I see someone post here of see someone saying in spatial chat that the server is so dead or there's nothing going on, or even that 'nobody ever talks to me', which is pretty sad. Well, we're trying to change that by giving people something else to do for a change rather than the usual grind. That you have gone out of your way to add to our event the offer you have with the possible Gratification Tokens is more than we could ever hope for and, I'm glad that we were able to catch the attention of someone else (in a high position) that cares about the aspects of the game we're trying to foster as a community

4. #4 Re: *A Dantooine Gathering* 
    Forum Advisor

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Busy ingame so a lil late posting, but thank you guys for last sundays event! Our Djora winning one of the Firespray deeds was a bonus, and that Gratification Token too of course! I agree that it's brilliant when Legends crew have time to actively help out with such perks even if i'd have come anyway - i didn't know about it so it was a nice surprise finding that in my inventory after hehe! But really, i don't need "bribes" or rewards to visit ingame events of any kind, this is a great game and so nice socializing in!

I'll send out a [Dawn] guildmail about next sundays Fashion contest in your city - i was a bit late informing my guildies this time - and hopefully we'll be around a few of us for it!

Keep up the great work!
    Sentinels of New Dawn [Dawn] of Legends, originally from SWG Europe-Chimaera

New Dawn, Rori

M'ak Julos (GL), Sara'h Cene, Pillow McNugget, Pixie Petal & Byggare Bob

5. #5 Re: *A Dantooine Gathering* 
    Project Admin

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NepheleVG View Post
    Thanks for the support Roarash! We really hope everyone enjoys the events and getting a chance to meet other players and make some friends :)
    You are so welcome.

6. #6 Re: *A Dantooine Gathering* 
    Former Senator

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys i just wanted to say. Awesome thing you are doin here! One day i got to make it there! Keeping the Legends Family engaged! Keep it up!!! /tiphat!

7. #7 Re: *A Dantooine Gathering* 
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a great time at the event - having the opportunity to join the band and winning a Firespray made the day even more enjoyable.
    Nice to see that everybody brought their frogs too. :D
    These events are what drew me to such a great community. I feel like I belong there.
    Can-tank'r'us Ordo - Grumpy Old Commando-lorian. {TSC}
    Tarkuss Kudasai - Zabrak Bounty Hunter/Imperial Pilot. {CCBH}
    Don't bother trying to return fire... I'm a Commando, I'm immune to it.

8. #8 Re: *A Dantooine Gathering* 
    Forum Advisor

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you TSC and Ghetto Topia for tonights Fashion Show extravaganza! Was yet another very nice event run by you ppl - weren't as many attendees as one would expect on a social event in an MMO, but on the flip side of that it was even more personal and relaxed i guess. Well, was enough contestants for the judges to run into trouble when picking winners - i did not envy them one bit!

I'm not sure what next sunday in Ghetto Topia will have in store for us, but rest assured that i'll try to drag a bunch of Dawnites along for that one too - i seriously have the best guildies available so i'm thanking my crew too along with TSC and Ghetto Topia, must love when ppl actually get that MMO's are for hanging out with other players!
    Sentinels of New Dawn [Dawn] of Legends, originally from SWG Europe-Chimaera

New Dawn, Rori

M'ak Julos (GL), Sara'h Cene, Pillow McNugget, Pixie Petal & Byggare Bob

9. #9 Re: *A Dantooine Gathering* 
    Project Admin

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Sorry I couldn't attend tonight! I hope you guys had fun, will defo be there next week!

10. #10 Re: *A Dantooine Gathering* 
    Community Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages, this Sunday, the 24th of November, yours truly will be hosting Ghetto Topia's very first fishing tournament! So, if you're a die-hard angler or you just like to fish from time, then you definitely need to head out to this event because we have some of the best fishing on Dantooine in our city...no joke!!! If you've never fished before and would like to give it a try, then we invite you out as well for some fun and a new experience!

Everyone is encouraged to bring your own fishing poles and bait...BUT...we will have limited supplies of both that can be provided if you have neither. As in most contests, 1st, 2nd. & 3rd-place prizes (to be announced later this week) will be awarded for the three largest fish caught during the tournament.

In addition, I have my own personal collection of 'trophy fish' that have been caught in the waters surrounding the city and will be on display during the tournament. Any fish caught that exceed the 'record fish' for each of the seven fish types, will qualify for an additional smaller prize, with the largest of each type winning the prize! The new record fish will then be put on display for the next fishing tournament we host!