Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1 *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Project Admin

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Greetings Legends!

I think we can all agree that we are here because we are all Star Wars fans. It wouldn’t be Star Wars without celebrating the movie release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. While our journey in Star Wars Galaxies is set in a very different time period, It’s fitting to say elements of the sequel trilogy has had an impact on the way we view Star Wars, whilst positive or negative we are all here because we share the same passion for the same story.

Within Star Wars Galaxies, the Skywalker Saga is such an essential part of the experience. From the minute you press ‘Create Character’ you are greeted by the most beloved characters that span over forty years, these include: Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker & Many more.

We want to pay a strong homage to the Skywalker Saga which started in the mind of someone we all greatly admire, George Lucas. Since the Saga is coming to an end in less than three months; we are giving you the opportunity to summarize what the entirety of the Skywalker Saga (Episode 1-9) means to you. You are probably sat at your keyboard wondering what could be in this for you, correct? Keep reading to find out more.

We want you to summarize what the Skywalker Saga means to you. This could include; how the characters within the story have impacted your life, your family, or the way you view life in general. Alternatively tell us about your favorite character which has appeared within the Saga that you can play alongside within Star Wars Galaxies.

It wouldn’t be fun if we were the only ones judging your submissions. We have someone that has been a little bit more involved with the Star Wars Saga to pick out the favorite submissions! Any guesses who? You’ll have to wait until December 20th to find out who!

How can I enter?

You can submit your entry in text format (No text limit) or by recording a short video and uploading it to YouTube and then linking it within this forum thread, or simply do a voice recording and upload it to the forum thread by hosting it to YouTube.

- Video and Voice clips entries must be below 5 minutes in total duration.
    - Entries MUST be in-line with our community guidelines and code of conduct. Any entry which is not following this may be disqualified from the running.
    - You are limited to ONE entry, per game account.
    - You must enter via this forum post.
    - Staff members are not permitted to enter.

How long do I have to submit my entry?

You have until December 15th 2019. 5PM GMT UK/12PM EST/9AM PST to submit your entries.

How many winners will there be & when will the winners be announced?

We are aiming to have 10 winners in total. (Each of these will receive one of the giveaway prizes at random) Winners will be announced on/or around the release date of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker on December 20th 2019.

Giveaway Prizes Include!

x1 Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. (Digital Copy) PC/XB1/PS4

x1 Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Digital Copy) PC/XB1/PS4

George Lucas - A Life (Physical, Paperback book)

The Skywalker Saga (Hardbook)

& More Giveaway Prizes to be announced!

The countdown to the end of the Star Wars Saga draws closer, but luckily for us our journey continues further into the Star Wars universe. We look forward to seeing all of your entries. If you have any questions regarding this contest please feel free to post them within this thread.

May the force be with you,

The SWG:Legends Team.
    Last edited by RoarAsh; 09-29-2019 at 05:46 PM.

2. #2 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Player

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Force is strong in this one.

3. #3 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Community Contributor

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed, a unusual amount of midichlorians?!
    Mayor of Mos Quito - Tatooine

4. #4 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Senior Player

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only the sith will win in the end

5. #5 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dono if i really consider the disney movies starwars. Especially ruining hon solo on me. I am a fan of this MMO though. There is only one other I know of that can compare, and that is ryzom. Infact after i watched the first 2, and a review on hon solo. I couldnt even look at anything star wars for like 8 months with out being disgusted , kinda like small holes. I guess Ill just have to pray the story here doesnt start following the disney one. Making the y wings into world war 2 slow bombers that are just rediclious, and hyper space as a weapon, and o god i might puke at that 2 hour ship chase. Just please make it stop, i was just getting back into starwars.

I would do the effort of joining your contest if the prize was never having to hear about disney star wars again :)
    Last edited by makasouleater; 10-02-2019 at 08:13 PM.

6. #6 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Player

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome!

7. #7 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Former Senator

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sooooo want to enter this, but (controversial opinion incoming) I don't actually like the Skywalkers all that much. Although Leia grew on me, the older Leia was so much better than her snooty younger self. I was rooting for Tarkin, let's be honest.

For me, Star Wars is about so much more and has so many other amazing characters (Palpatine has to be my all time favourite, followed by Tarkin of course) that meant a lot more to me than any of the Skywalkers. I worked for ages as a trader with a bit of help to do the Imperial Theme Park to finally get up close and personal with The Emperor in his retreat on Naboo and finally give him the /hug he deserved.

Having said that, my fondest memory of SWG was after 4 days when I finally got the game to work on my old crappy windows XP pc, full of lag on a dial up connection. The doors of the medical bay of the tutorial station exploding open and Han Solo coming to rescue me. :D Best moment ever.
    Last edited by trebort; 10-08-2019 at 09:34 PM.
    Lirgo | Argo | Anno | Kasper | Thibb

8. #8 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I think it means to me is that Disney is no longer producing Star Wars movies, they ruined Episode VII & VIII and will continue to do so as long as they own the Star Wars name!
    I 1st saw Star Wars when I was 6 yrs old at a drive in movie theater in 1980 as a kid and to this day remember hating Yoda for some unknown reason, but Star Wars is just more then a movie franchise it is a kinda a real life thing where a orphaned kid finds his way and then becomes something more then anyone expected and then turns the one person he never knew his father to the Lightside!
    The Rise of Skywalker is more of a journey from the rise of Anakin as a little boy to Darth Vader to Luke as a orphaned boy who knew not of the Force to a Jedi Master who learned the ways of the Force by reading the sacred Jedi Texts! There is not really much more to say but MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

9. #9 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm interesting

10. #10 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Senior Player

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Skywalker saga is important mostly because of the fact that it's the beginning and not the end. The first film, AKA Episode 3, started this whole thing. The hundreds of stories, characters and lore that it has lead to is amazing, to put it mildly. And not just the movies; there are many books, comics, graphic novels, PC games, Console games, board games, and TV shows that have built onto the original idea that George gave to us. Forty plus years later and we have a story bigger than the Old and New Testament combined (more entertaining and believable too IMO). The classic story of good versus evil, light verses dark is as old as it gets, but the force feels like a tangible entity in our reality. Pushing and pulling us daily toward a path that is our own. We can go against the force and carve our own way but it usually leads to pain and hate. The dark side if you will. People love this universe so much that, I guarantee, if George had made EP 7-9, there would be the same anger. A lot of people weren't/aren't happy with EP 1-3. But it is because the Skywalker saga has touched us all so deeply that it feels like it's ours and we are protective of it. To end this I'd like to point out that there is so much more to come. The Skywalker saga is important to me because we have already received so much from it (SWG being toward the top of the list) and there are so many more stories to be told. All because of a little story of a young man named Luke that had a destiny to fulfill. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

We are looking to expand should you want to live in proximity to the coolest mofos in the galaxy. Seriously, pack up that house around a NPC city or in the middle of nowhere and come be social. Holla!