0 Thread(s)
    They fly now?!

2. #22 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Senior Player
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that Luke is my hero. We are both adopted neither new our parents till we were in our 20s. We both started out poor as dirt both had a hard child hood and even after learning about our parents we have made bad things in our live turn for the good and made something out of our lives. My son and I argue often about star wars how much I love it and he not so much. Funny story when I was 8 I got up early one Saturday 6am and instead of doing my chores I watched star wars a new hope. Well mom came down and saw me watching it and as punishment for not doing my chores first I had to sit and watch it over and over till 1am the next day. Even to this day it is still my favorite just watched it again a few days ago with my youngest son and I think I annoyed him because I was quoting the script almost word for word. And like Luke I changed a bad situation to a good one, I met my baby sister whom I talk to frequently this last year and a younger brother who I bought swg for and we play together on the Legends server. And my birth father who at the moment I really don't talk to he wants to be a part of my life but I'm not quite ready for that he is still evil and I have yet to find the good side of the force in him yet.

3. #23 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Community Guide

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Skywalker Saga is like a puzzle of my life:
    It is the child, longing for fairy tales and adventures. And at another point in life, it is the force, that kept my inner child alive.
    I wish for this force to be strong with everyone in our galaxies to never lose what is most important in our lives!

4. #24 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, summarize the Skywalker saga....... that's not asking much, might as well ask me to blow up the death star........lol. Here goes, for me Star Wars was one of my earliest memories as a child. Being born as the youngest child at the beginning of the greatest era ever.....the 80's I looked up to the heroes and even the villains in some ways growing up. Much like the Skywalker's, my family had internal conflict in its own sense as well. Though my father didn't per say hate Star Wars he was not much of a fan....he was a trekker, it was my older brother that was the Star Wars Fanboy so there were many sometimes heated debates as you can imagine, but through my looking up to my brother i found my love of star wars. For me there are so many ways i could go about describing what this saga has meant to me in my life, the character relations, the quest for hope in the darkest time, the science and faith of the story, the thrill seeking adventures, there is no part of this saga that doesn't spur every child and adults imagination in some way, but what always stood out the most to me, even as a child, was the internal struggle of the characters. You see it in both the heroes and villains alike but its shows the most through the entire saga to almost be the legacy of the Skywalker males as all of them start as the beacon of hope then as life goes on they have their fall from grace or lapse of faith to find there way back, they struggle with their emotions making bad decisions but still find a way to make right in the end. This every person can relate to and one reason why i think so many are drawn to the main characters in the story, we all spend our entire life with the abilities to do good or bad and though sometimes our decisions backfire and hurt us or others in some way we find a way to make it right and move forward much like the characters of our story. It's that lesson that the saga shows and teaches to viewers, not only in the skywalkers though. Han struggles with his personal desires and greed on several occasions, Obi-wan struggles with his position in the order and his feelings as his teacher / father figure in Anakin's life then with a sense of failure tries to make right with his children. Leia struggles with her decisions as a leader when it involves her friends on numerous occasions, Lando struggles with his position in running cloud city and having to hand over Han and the others to the empire. I could go on with these references forever so i won't but you see the trend, through out the entire saga George Lucas showed us his characters in his world in life situations that we all face and must deal with at some point so we could all relate and even learn from them. To some Star Wars is just a movie, but to others like myself Star Wars has been almost a way of life and it binds people across generations together. No matter how young or old or what race and language you speak when you hear the sound of a lightsaber igniting they share that feeling of excitement, there is not many things in this world that brings people and feelings together like that. George Lucas didn't make a movie saga, he made a life saga connecting people that will last for generations still to come bringing peoples imaginations together in front of a tv, on a game, in the playground or backyard as we all dream of a world of Jedi's, the Force, and the adventures and excitement that yoda tells us not to seek but we all crave. So in closing I say thank you to George Lucas, all the actors, even Disney for giving us a world to dream of and learn from.

May The Force Be With Us All......

DeadMeat
    Last edited by DeadMeat; 12-03-2019 at 11:54 PM.

5. #25 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Senior Player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does the Skywalker saga mean to me? I really canít even begin to put words to that without saying ďThank you!Ē

Why ďthank youĒ? That would be because Star Wars has been a part of some of the best memories throughout my life.

• One of my earliest memories (period, not just of Star Wars) is being in the back seat of my mom and dadís station wagon watching Return of the Jedi in a drive-in theater when I was 5 years old (I thinkÖ that was well over 30 years ago now). To this day, that is one of the only happy memories I have of my parents together (they got divorced when I was 6).
    • We never owned the Star Wars movies when I was a kid, but I had an uncle that did. I remember my brother and I always being so excited to go over there for family gatherings so we could watch Star Wars!
    • In 1997, when the original trilogy was re-released, those were the first movies I actually waited in line to go see. I was 17 then and understood the stories a bit more than I had as a kid, so Iíd have to say that this is when I really became the Star Wars fan I am today.
    • When I first saw Attack of the Clones, I jumped out of my chair when the Yoda/Dooku lightsaber duel started. That was the first time ANY film had ever elicited that much reaction out of me!
    • I went to Vegas with a couple of friends back in 2003. I donít exactly remember where, but there was a place that would superimpose your picture onto a TV/Movie image. Of course, I bought a picture of me as an X-Wing pilot with the Star Wars logo in the background. I still have the picture 16 years later!
    • When Revenge of the Sith released in 2005, that was the first movie I went to the Thursday midnight showing of. I had a friend whose mom worked for a local newspaper at the time, and I got interviewed for what ended up as a front-page article in the paper. I even still have a copy of that dayís paper!
    • I got married in 2006. My wife is as big a fan of Scooby Doo as I am of Star Wars, so at the top of our wedding cake stood figurines of Scooby Doo and Darth Vader. I still have the Darth Vader figurine proudly displayed on one of my many Star Wars collectible shelves.
    • On my 1-year anniversary, my grand plan was for my wife and I to stay curled up in bed and watch all (at the time) 6 Star Wars movies in one day. We did just that, and she still reminds me of it to this day. Unfortunately for me, she came out of the experience as a Jar-Jar fan.
    • Iím part of a close-knit group of friends that has stuck together since high school. We started a tradition with the MCU movies that we would always go to them as a group on opening weekend (usually Saturday), and we always went out to eat at our favorite restaurant afterwards. Iím proud to say that this tradition was also extended to the Star Wars movies starting when The Force Awakens was releasedÖ although, Iíve been known to ďcheatĒ on that tradition by going to see it by myself the day before!
    • The Last Jedi may have been one of the weaker Star Wars movies (subject to opinion), but I was glad I saw it. Iím not afraid to admit I cried in my theater seat (and again when I watched the blu-ray) when Luke died. Luke Skywalker was a heroÖ THE heroÖ MY hero.

In addition to all of those great memories, I suppose I should also thank Star Wars for introducing me to superheroes (because in the end, the Jedi are clearly superheroes!), sparking a love of swords of all kinds, and really just introducing me to the Sci-Fi and Fantasy genres in general!

Star Wars really has been a major part of my entire life up to this point, and its been one hell of a ride so far! Every good story has an ending though, and while Iím obviously sad to see it end, Iím glad Iím here to see the ending of the Skywalker Saga. Iím also excited to see what comes next!

So, thank you to George Lucas, Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and all of the other folks who made this wonderful story come to life for me! Thank you for the chance to make something this great an integral part of my life!

6. #26 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Skywalker Saga means the world to me in so many ways. I have loved every single movie to date, even including Solo. The characters, their stories, how they're represented, all of it. I'm only 23 years old, but I was first introduced to Star Wars, AKA 'Episode IV' now. I then went on to watch The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Around the time I heavily got into Star Wars, Attack of the Clones was about to come out. My dad and I got HEAVILY into it. We watched The Phantom Menace and I attached to Obi Wan. To me, he was like an Older Brother I didn't have. Attack of the Clones came out, and this further cemented it. When Obi Wan got captured by Dooku I was terrified something might happen. In the anticipation for Revenge of the Sith my dad started reading me the books, including the book for Revenge of the Sith. When it came out, it quickly became one of my favorites. I loved seeing how much Obi Wan cared for Anakin. How much he cared for Luke. That's when, as a kid, I found out that old Ben was actually Obi Wan. The whole story just clicked. And once old Ben was gone Luke came in and became my favorite. But it wasn't until his later years that he did so. That comparison of the young luke occasionally showing his dark side to older luke straight up almost falling to the dark side. Which is something I adore because of the books. It's awesome to see my hero fall to the dark side but manage to come back. Star wars has been a journey and a half for me. Where I have become so invested in the characters that I hate when one dies. It introduced me to a life full of adventure and fun. I mean. Who doesn't love the battle of Geonosis? All the clones and walkers attacking the droid armies out on the planes. The battle of Kashykk with the wookies ripping the droids apart. Then on to the battle of hoth or the battle of the death stars, 1 and 2. The battle of Endor. Even the battle on Starkiller Base. And I love the incorporation of the older characters in the new trilogy. There hasn't been a single Star Wars movie that I haven't liked. And I have fond memories of every single ones release. Star Wars has brightened my life in a way I don't think I can ever fully explain. The movies. The books. The games. The TV Series. I love all of them. I play and watch all of them. Even now I play legends, pretending that i get to be apart of the story. My disgraced mandalorian bounty hunter. My veteran commando loyal to the empire. My gunslinger who became a jedi. My love for the series has deepened in ways that could never be imagined. I don't care about the drama and how 'disney ruined star wars' because to me, its not ruined. I loved the new movies as much as the old. And even the prequels. They hold the best memories of my life. Memories I hope to share with my children one day when I have them. And maybe even my grandchildren. So thank you. To george lucas. To the actors, especially Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Ewan McGregor, and Alec Guinness. To the Legends devs. To the devs of the original game. To me, you guys are my heroes just as much as the characters are.

7. #27 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Community Veteran

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It ended in ep. 6.

8. #28 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Senior Player

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Skywalker Saga is important to me because without it, I wouldnít have met my husband, my absolute favorite person in the galaxy and the one that keeps me smiling no matter what! We met playing SWG, fell in love playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Iím pretty sure he decided I was The One during a text exchange about burnt pizza that never could have happened without the Star Wars films.

To tell this story in my own special way, I have written a song, set to the tune of Love is an Open Door from Frozen.

---

(Spoken) Okay, can I just say something crazy?
    (Spoken) I love crazy!

All this time has been a blast with you leveling toons
    And all those texts with all the Star Wars puns!

(Spoken) I was thinking the same thing!
    'Cause, like, I've been playing Star Wars games to share some sweet loot
    And maybe it's the flameout talking, or the Tatooine suns...

But who knew? (But who knew?)
    The loot was you
    And Iíve never won a better roll before!

Love in an MMO
    Love in an MMO (Oh)
    Life is great when we go
    Pew pew, Pew pew
    Pew pew, Pew pew
    Love in an MMO

I mean it's awesome (What?)
    We finish each others'ó
    Heroic sets!
    That's what I was gonna say!

Iíve never liked someone so much in PvP
    Pwned. Pwned again!
    Itís great to /kiss you with letters, but in real lifeís even better
    So tell the guild that weíll brb!

Say goodbye (Say goodbye)
    To the load screens of love
    We don't have to see it anymore

Love in an MMO
    Love in an MMO (Oh)
    Life is great when we go
    Pew pew, Pew pew
    Pew pew, Pew pew
    Love in an MMO (Oh)

(Spoken) Can I say something crazy? Will you marry me?
    (Spoken) Can I say something even crazier? Yes!

---

pizzatext.jpgSWGLastScreenie.jpg

9. #29 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Skywalker Saga: A Cautionary Tale

As a kid, I saw Return of the Jedi before the other two in the Original Trilogy. I think that partially explains my love of the color green, my distaste for teddy bears and my lingering hope of redemption and a better tomorrow. Watching the other movies later and seeing Luke traverse the classic Hero's Journey was incredible. It didn't just define Star Wars or space fantasy for me, it set a standard of what franchise storytelling should be. And it taught lessons. It guided me through young life about being the hero in my own story. To recognize that like Luke not being able to go to Tosche Station for power converters, I too had to waste time with my friends when my chores are finished. Also wound up with a distaste for the odds.

Fast forward to 1999 and the years of hype in development, the Prequel Trilogy reinforced the old adages, "absolute power corrupts absolutely" and “some people just have to touch the stove to know that it’s hot”. To the first point, The Maker himself became that which he’d stood against in his early filmmaking days. GL vs. The Studio Heads who thought that, because they had the money, they new best. But he forgot the lessons of his own Star Wars past. That writing and Directing A New Hope almost killed him. So, for takes two and three (or four and six) he hired out the work to real writers and real directors. Not this time around. He blindly wrote the script he wanted to hear and directed the movies he wanted to see. He forgot that a good storyteller tells a story with the audience in mind. To the second point, one should listen to others who have more experience than shut out everything but your own selfish desires as Anakin did every time a lesson was there to be learned.

Finally, the Sequel Trilogy (thus far) movies...I won’t disparage the story because there hasn’t been one. I can’t call out the new actors that have been cast because, they didn’t write the movies. They just got the opportunity of a lifetime to play characters in a world that any fan would have killed to be a part of. Visually they’ve been a feast for the eyes. The action set-pieces are a well-choreographed ballet. The blend of digital and practical effects is nearly seamless. But that’s where it ends. All flash, no substance. JJ successfully remade A New Hope but failed to make me care about the characters. He set up reveals that Rian Johnson would politely ignore completely. Rian then, in turn, made an Episode IIV in his own image instead of furthering the plot of its predecessor. And now JJ is back again to finish what he started. The only applicable lesson I can draw from these new ones doesn’t come from the plot or the characters of the movies themselves but from behind the scenes. That lesson is simple. Plan ahead.

10. #30 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the Skywalker / Star Wars Saga Means to me:

Family. Growing up, my oldest brother and I never got along. We hated to be around each other. The only time we ever spoke, or sat near each other was when watching Star Wars OR playing SWG Online. My brother and I grew apart for a while as SWG was gone, and no new Star Wars movies were releasing. We still seen each other at Christmas and stuff, but we just didnít really talk. When the new movies came back, we rekindled our relationship. This time, with us being older it has stuck. We talk daily now. The connection started again with us watching Rey and BB8 together, and watching our older beloved characters appear on screen. We talked everyday after that about possible speculations. We also found SWGLegends as began our journey together on there. Now, we talk everyday about the upcoming movie, and the new and wonderful Mandolorian.

So to me, Star Wars means Family ❤️