Thread: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Player

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At age 20 i've seen Star Wars IV the first time. - It was a blast. The first time serious 'action' and Space Si-Fi with Dolby and Colors. An awesome experience.
    Disenchanted by the mostly SI-FI movie crap of the 70th i'd never watched it. All the actors? Who know's a shit about? lol No wait, Sir Alec Guinness! This actor is great, let's get in.
    He made it. It's my Obi Wan by heart but the movie would be still great without him. /bow

Star Wars IV and V were realessed. I've been shocked about Luke. This man was an facial mutation.

The twins where just born as i played X-Wing vs Tie Fighter on zone.com via modem. Multiplayerbattles with 50-100 people all day. Loved it. One more great new experience.

Pondered about the announced Episode I. Never thought this might be happened. Whatever. Great pics, wonderful special effects, but i can't stand this Anakin. Kid or teen. Can't stand it.
    Never got much thoughts about it cause the twins where just a greater game to pla...live with. :D

The SWG mmog was published. I read about Dancers and Medics and all this 'useless kiddy' stuff. My Mind! No Space!! I've laughed about and ignored it. (Shame on me. Missed great times) but still got a better game to play.

I've joined SWG Galaxies around 8 weeks before NGE. JTl was already released so i'd minded to join.
    No kidding. Never got any thoughts about what an mmog is. And this is what it's mean?! I've been stuned. It was an awesome experience. The way to and got the NGE was an depressing experience. So many good folks left. For me, the NGE was a great experience i loved more than pre nge. More dynamic. But we lost so much good people and leaders. Sad.

Twins grew up. Nice game. SWG along. Great game for years. Lot's of new friends. Lot's of new haters. Just like real live.

Servermerge. For long time requiered. Gorath and lot's of more servers dying day by day. Why? I'll never understand.
    People, friends, haters spread all over the servers. Me just went to Starsider. WoW. Starsider! Guys! You've never been there? You'll never know about it. SS was the greatest SWG experience.

Shutdown. One more depression all over the community. So sad. You loose in community, you win in community. We all get closer. At least I've deinstalled all the crap. Hated all about the losts. Lost forever! Never expected to get back.

Now! Here we are again. <3
    It's a different community. It's a more discord than gamechat game, so people don't talk. Heroics got to get right in time. The faster the better. Don't talk about fun or laughter. The good guys gone, mostly. You! Don't take it personal. You're good.

Spread the word. SWG Galaxies is back. Better than ever. I love the staff. Sitting here and pondering every day about these young guys grew up all this new stuff - from nothing. We're Omega. The live game was Omega!

Greatly new experience. I'd never thought about coming back. I hear the Tie about Eisley again. For me it's all emotional, immersion. Follow...

For me today, SWG Galaxies is what Harry Potter is for my twins. Growing up all time always fictional friends beside. The Skywalker saga? It's A lifetime thingy. <3

PS. The movies...? Them all accompaniment...

And please don't talk about it's the last movie. Hah. It's a trap. It's a millionbilliondollargame. We just have to wait one more ten years.

PSS. I don't want a reward. Just kidding. No bothering. I don't speak or read english well, you see? :D

Last but not least. A movie, german talking only, made by Raas Kaaz and the Gorath German RP Community. Have fun. We make the game a dream.

https://youtu.be/avvfcALY_GQ
    Last edited by YoshioCheveyo; 10-23-2019 at 12:19 PM.

2. #12 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Senior Player

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swg means the world to me. I am disabled and have a hard time going out into the real world. SWG gives me back adventure and alows me to do things I that can no longer do. Meeting new people and doing new things what more could anyone ask for.

3. #13 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The star wars saga to me is multiple things. Its entertainment...a escape from reality! It has gave me different perspectives on life and how we treat and interact with others.

4. #14 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Senior Player
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Star Wars, for me, is much like the Wizard of Oz, an Allegory. Its an Allegory of Politics & such; the Anti-Nixon Agenda, Anti-Bush Junior Agenda, and now an Anti-Trump Agenda, so it seems.
    However, its MORE. Its also a Guide for me to Control myself & my Autism & such. Its teaching more about General Morality than just Political Views & such. And most, if not ALL Allegories are Mirrors of our own Reality & such.

5. #15 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Community Veteran

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A journey beyond what is thought possible.

That is what the Skywalker saga has given me. Now as I near the end, I reflect on how the tale began and to where it took me.

I first met Luke as a simple farm boy who was spent his long days on trivial tasks for his aunt and uncle. What I could not discern was that his simple life was a shelter from his destiny. He perceived it as a cage keeping him from his dreams. And so the long days under the hot suns burned.

Even when destiny called upon him for action, he resisted. When confusing half-truths were presented to him - about who he was; what he might become - he resigned himself to the cage his family built for him.

But the evil of the galaxy shattered that cage.

I saw the look on Luke's face as he stared through the smoke at the burning corpses of Lars and Beru. They had sheltered him from an unspoken destiny. Too late, he understood that they did this for love. They had made a terrible choice for him; one that cost them their lives.

Luke embraced his destiny that day; driven into it by the very evil which he was destined to confront.

I saw the look on Luke's face. It spoke of the doom of the Empire.

Luke always set his eyes on the horizon and on the stars beyond. Unshackled, he could take his feet to meet his gaze. I traveled with him.

Through Luke's first steps into a larger world, I followed. His failures were my own. His triumphs felt all the sweeter for his tribulations. Luke had much to learn and unlearn; and so did I. This was a place where you had to let go of preconceived notions. A world where the sins of the father could be rinsed away by the love of forgiveness. A galaxy where technological domination was no match for the heart of righteousness.

I thought I met Luke as a simple farm boy on the verge of a heroic destiny. But what I really met was a guide for a galaxy that has inspired a lifetime of imagination in a galaxy I thought was not possible.

But nothing is impossible.

Never tell me the odds.

Current Deals: Pet Food, Starship Texture Kits, Batteries, Bacta, Ship Repair Kits, Clothing, Missiles
    IG Contact: Vincer Kaden or Garova or Visit the shop: /wp Dantooine -1032 2754 V Mart

6. #16 Re: *Countdown To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker* 
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not entirely sure how cohesively I can gather my thoughts on what Star Wars has meant to me, as it's been a major part of my life since I was just a kid.

For almost two decades I've loved Star Wars as a story and as a type of culture I guess. Always sort of valued it and the way it made me feel. I'd say that since I saw the original movies I wasn't just interested in a series of films, it was almost a whole new world. I remember in some of my younger years spending hours and hours talking and reading about it all, online and offline. (Granted, I've mostly forgotten it since, but I remember my feelings more so than any Star Wars facts I can throw out.)

Since 2015 I've been sort of on a downward trend with it, due to not personally enjoying some of the direction the movies have taken, however regardless of that, what I hope for the most from Star Wars moving forward, is to continue to have a world of it's own unlike any other. That's why I loved it in the first place, and I want it to keep giving people what it always has managed to do.

(Side note, I understand this is my first and so far only post after having an account for over a year, but I thought this would be a topic fairly important to me so I just wanted to share my thoughts.)