Thread: *Event & Social Media Team: We Want Your Feedback!*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. #21 Re: *Event & Social Media Team: We Want Your Feedback!* 
    Senior Player
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do love that there are events. But they seem fairly unsatisfying from a taking part perspective. I will try to explain.

Trivia: Trivia events could be real fun if not for the fact that events can produce a great amount of lagg and everyone's typing speed is quite different.

How would i change it: One idea is to have a sort of drop out multiple rounds + Multiple choice system. Make a playing area with sections labeled with letters. Players can move to A B C or D areas and if they get it right they stay in the area and if they get it wrong then they are teleported out of the area in a spectators spot. Winners will be those that are there at the end of multiple rounds. Also adds a community element because you could follow the crowd and then everyone may get it wrong on a super hard question.

Or: As well as the first one correct getting it, a random other person should also a prize for getting it correct. At least this is a lower effort solution that will still let people take part without the fear that their lagg will stop them from ever winning... Or just pre-typing an answer and hoping for the best.

Beast Master Pet battles: A little bit harder to balance because there are a lot of variables in a battle. Pet heal can make a battle last a long time, owners can wear exotics that boost their pets stats and soothing comfort can completely change the landscape. I guess keeping these varied is a good idea so people will have to play with which pet to bring for example. But if it is possible then you should nerf how much pet heal can heal in these battles to make sure they don't last forever.

NPC spawning events: I Like the way you have evolved these events from just spawning a huge wave of enemies to the biggest crowd ever to smaller spawns throughout a day. Like the last life day event and valentines day event. You ran the event over a longer period of time and it reduced the lagg a LOT because people could flock to different times of them.

Just some thoughts on the events i've visited. Overall it's nice to see the events and the effort put into them. But I don't bother with many of them because of the lagg issues that they bring with them. Any method that mitigates the effect lagg has would be super. Be it a technical solution or a creative one.

2. #22 Re: *Event & Social Media Team: We Want Your Feedback!* 
    Senior Player
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just give me my tokens dude

3. #23 Re: *Event & Social Media Team: We Want Your Feedback!* 
    Community Guide

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember one year for Life day (think it was 2 years ago) you guys allowed players to go back to Tansari Station. I would love to do a repeat of this again hopefully on my main character!

4. #24 Re: *Event & Social Media Team: We Want Your Feedback!* 
    Galactic Senator SplinterStrike's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm ripping from Guild Wars here but only cause I had great fun doing the Mad King Says events.
    It's a type of "Simon Says..." event where you do emotes that match what the event organizer says to do, but only when the magic words are uttered! Have Palpatine or Vader zap/choke those who fail to emote in time (not to death)? Or potentially Jabba as he seems more sadistic and prone to using and abusing people for his own amusement. Flings us to the Sarlaac when we whiff too many times.

I also missed out on the racing for love event, having that return would be great.

Another I would like to see is a city homeshow contest one of these days, see which town(s) have it in them to be the prettiest of them all. Similar criterias to the homeshow can be used for judging. As a bonus we get to make Hot Fuzz references.

I'll think on this some more and post again.