Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Main Character Name: Corren

Forum Handle: Corren

Discord Handle: Corren-FFS- Dant 1339 -6058

Player Association: RAID

Where in the RL world do you live?
    Nashville, Tennessee

How long did you play the live version of Star wars galaxies?
    I played from week 1 all the way until the lights were turned off for the final time.

What type of work do you do?
    I am a Pickup and Delivery/Linehaul Manager for a package delivery/transportation company that you’ve all heard of and is why I’m semi-MIA from Thanksgiving until Christmas every year.

What does a typical Star Wars Galaxies day consist of for you?
    When I first log in I usually check my Shipwright’s emails to see what sales I’ve made and do a /mailsave so I can keep track of what is being purchased on SWGAide. (Used The Merchant’s Friend on live) Every few days I’ll run through my vendor and make sure that I have everything in stock and if not will either restock or go make some factory runs. I take a lot of pride in –FFS- parts being considered amongst some of the best on the server and seeing my parts in people’s loadouts brings me great joy!
    PS: -FFS- stands for Faotai Fleet Systems not the usual acronym for ffs! Haha
    Depending on the time of day it is I’ll either see if there is a group running space Group Convoys I can join, a Space Battle active, or if there’s any PvP in Deep Space going on.

Recently I’ve spent quite a bit of time testing parts of GCW2 to try and get the bugs worked out.

What was the race and profession of your very first character?
    My first character was a Zabrak on Naritus that I leveled up to master commando before changing him to a melee stacker. Master Swords, and some mix of pistoleer, fencer, TKA, and pikeman.

What is the one thing you’ve always wanted to be in Star Wars Galaxies that isn’t or is no longer?
    As someone who loves the space aspect of the game far more than anything else, I have always wanted a player/guild/city-owned space station to call “home.” I don’t know if this is something that will ever come to pass but, for a space-centric player such as myself, it would be an insanely cool thing to actually be able to “live” in space.

What other hobbies or activities do you take part in, other than playing Star Wars Galaxies?
    My wife and I happily welcomed our first child into the world last July so most of my other hobbies, and SWG as well, have taken a bit of a backseat to trying to be the best dad I can be!
    Other things I do enjoy doing include care and improvement of my saltwater reef aquarium that is stocked with corals and fish from all over the world, hunting and fishing, and helping my parents on their farm.
    I was also raised in Lexington, Kentucky and attended the University of Kentucky so by default I am a die-hard Kentucky Wildcats fan. #bbn

What race and profession is your main character?
    All of my characters are Zabrak and Corren is currently a spy. I leveled him to 90 by nothing but the small amount of ground xp you get from space kills as well as doing Nym’s Starmap daily. Spy was crucial for the Spider Clan cave part of it to be able to cloak and run down.

What do you like the most about the profession you have chosen for your main character?
    To be completely honest I consider my main profession to be pilot, but if I’m doing anything on the ground I will usually use my BH.

What faction is your main character?
    Ever since RAID was first formed on Naritus in the days of the Anchorhead/Bestine wars Corren has always been rebel. I typically PvP (in space) on my Imperial character Rhysati though. Which is a perfect segue to the next question of…

What is your favorite player owned ship?
    Either the TIE Advanced or the Royal Guard Interceptor (RGI) are my favorite ships to fly in PvP.

What is your favorite ground vehicle?
    The one I never had on live, always wanted, and can’t wait for it to make its way to Legends… The Sith Speeder.

How did you choose your main character's name?
    When I was younger I read Michael A. Stackpole/Aaron Aalston’s X-wing series of novels probably over a dozen times and Corran Horn was my favorite character. Name filter wouldn’t allow for “Corran” so I just changed the last vowel.

What is your favorite planet and/or city and why?
    Favorite Player City would be Mos Capra, Tatooine on Naritus. It was originally called Mos Quito (get it?) but was renamed in honor of a long-time RAID member who lost his life during Operation Iraqi Freedom, TSgt Anthony “Marnkey” Capra. One of the SOE GMs was kind enough to place some decorations that we as players could not in order to make a suitable memorial for him.
    Favorite NPC city would be Dant Pirate outpost. My house with my vendors are less than 400 meters from the starport so it’s a short trip!

(Old screenshot from Flurry)

What is your favorite NPC?
    Kash Nunes when he decides to not be a jerk and give me good parts for my duty tokens.

What are the most credits you have ever spent on purchasing a single item for one of your characters?
    I spent 700 million credits for a 71xx mass level 6 engine. Someone go loot me a 72.5 Yaw and 72.5 Roll level 6 engine and I’ll write some more big checks!

What do you like best about SWG Legends?
    I like the way, for the most part, Staff listens to player concerns and actively goes about making changes to rectify these. Not listening to the player base was something we all got tired of on Live so it’s nice to see long-standing issues corrected.

Describe your best experience playing Star Wars Galaxies.
    The last 10 months of being a Senator here on Legends is definitely up there. I’m thankful for the players that have voted for me and that trust that I am invested in the future of the server. Hopefully I can continue to serve in this capacity for another term!

It’s also pretty neat when I sit back and think about that I started playing this game when I was 17 years old. I have literally grown up with my RAID family.

What is your favorite questline and/or place within Star Wars Galaxies and why?
    The Nova Orion questline because even with end-game gear and years of experience in space, you still have to pay attention to it or you’ll fail!

Last edited by Tallia; 06-15-2019 at 02:42 PM.

2. #2 Re: SWG Legends: Player Spotlight: Corren Faotai 
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    easily my favorite senator. give this man a 4th term

3. #3 Re: SWG Legends: Player Spotlight: Corren Faotai 
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    /applaud Great to hace you Doreen. See you in the skies.

4. #4 Re: SWG Legends: Player Spotlight: Corren Faotai 
    Galactic Senator

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-2H View Post
    easily my favorite senator. give this man a 4th term
    Thank ya sir! I swear one of these days I'll fulfill that promise to Max I made and come to Restuss with y'all lol.
    Faotai Fleet Systems
    1340 -6065 Space Town, Dantooine

5. #5 Re: SWG Legends: Player Spotlight: Corren Faotai 
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good man
    -5161 -3954 Lok
    Niko's Space and Resource Emporium
    Just south of Hamunaptra

6. #6 Re: SWG Legends: Player Spotlight: Corren Faotai 
    Forum Advisor

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always nice reading these spotlights, thank you very much! And those prices for space stuff, amazes me always that some players pay more for a shield or something than other player will ever see pass through their ingame wallet, different worlds - never really been much for prioritizing piling credits up, but even with an AS doing good i couldn't afford a top notch ship rofl! Luckily i don't like space *pheeew* Again, thanks for this Spotlight, Corren keep the good work up and an 11-month late gratz to you and the missus for family expansion!
    Sentinels of New Dawn [Dawn] of Legends, originally from SWG Europe-Chimaera

New Dawn, Rori

M'ak Julos (GL), Sara'h Cene, Pillow McNugget, Pixie Petal & Byggare Bob

7. #7 Re: SWG Legends: Player Spotlight: Corren Faotai 
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats dad

8. #8 Re: SWG Legends: Player Spotlight: Corren Faotai 
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats corren, its been a pleasure rollin with you and raid for all these years ….even when I was not a member.

also the amount of good times weve had with correns mom jokes will never be forgotten

9. #9 Re: SWG Legends: Player Spotlight: Corren Faotai 
    Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should be returning soon...maybe

10. #10 Re: SWG Legends: Player Spotlight: Corren Faotai 
    Senior Player
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I was also raised in Lexington, Kentucky and attended the University of Kentucky so by default I am a die-hard Kentucky Wildcats fan. #bbn"

Just one more reason to applaud this great player who is always willing to answer questions and give advice in the discord pilot's channel.