Thread: *Friday Feature - Know Your Foe: Krayt Dragons*

1. #1 *Friday Feature - Know Your Foe: Krayt Dragons* 
    Event Staff

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome back, Legends

Today, we’re bringing you a new kind of Friday Feature. Something not only informative, but potentially life saving! We’re going to give you a little help (or a friendly reminder) with ensuring that you Know Your Foe. Our foe this week is the fierce and legendary Krayt Dragon. We’re going to give you a brief explanation of what the Krayt Dragon is, where you can find them, what sizes you can encounter them in, touch on SOME of the loot, and hopefully save your life should you choose (or choose not) to encounter one of these beautiful, but deadly creatures.

What is a Krayt Dragon?

One of the largest and most terrifying creatures in the galaxy, the Krayt Dragon is a native to the desert planet of Tatooine and is an apex predator. Krayt Dragons possess a toxic “Krayt Venom” in their bite that can potentially wear down an otherwise matched opponent in battle. Even the youngest Krayt Dragons are considered quite large and potentially just as deadly in that what they lack in physical ferocity, they make up for with an even more lingering bite as they tend to inject more of their venom than a fully grown Krayt Dragon.

Where can I find a Krayt Dragon?

(Picture Above) Krayt Graveyard POI on Tatooine ( /way 7396 4478 )

Krayt Dragons are found ONLY on Tatooine. It’s rumored a long time ago these creatures were able to be tamed, but currently, they are their own masters. Krayt Dragon sightings have been reported all over Tatooine, but one of the confirmed locations you will find them nested is a dangerous valley known as the Krayt Graveyard, where you’ll find not only the bones of the beasts themselves, but also the bones and debris of the unfortunate who dared venture there.

What kinds of Krayt Dragons are there?

(Pictured Above) Krayt Dragon Ancient

There are quite a few variants of size and age between Krayt Dragons. An encounter with any Krayt Dragon should proceed with extreme caution. Listed below are the types of Krayt Dragons you can find:

• Adolescent Krayt Dragon
    • Juvenile Canyon Krayt Dragon
    • Canyon Krayt Dragon
    • Giant Canyon Krayt Dragon
    • Grand Krayt Dragon
    • Krayt Dragon Ancient
    • Greater Ancient Krayt Dragon (World Boss)

**Note** All Krayt Dragons are Gold Elite difficulty

(Pictured Above) Krayt Dragon Skeleton on Tatooine (Episode IV: A New Hope)

What kind of loot can I get from a Krayt Dragon?

(Pictured Above) A tuned Krayt Pearl from the Ancient Greater Krayt Dragon World Boss

The dangers of coming into contact with a Krayt Dragon are very real, but the rewards for coming out of an encounter successfully might make it worth your while. While some enjoy the hunts for helping with their creature crafting, one the most precious trophies an avid hunter can acquire from the Krayt Dragon are their pearls. These pearls are varied between types and quality and can make a Jedi’s lightsaber very powerful.

Flawless Ancient Greater - 25 min / 26 max damage. (Looted from the Greater Ancient Krayt Dragons)
    Ancient Flawless - 20 min / 22 max damage. (Looted from Ancient Krayt Dragons, or found in Buried Treasure)
    Flawless - 19 min / 20 max damage (Looted from Ancient Krayt Dragons, or found in Buried Treasure)
    Premium - Up to 19 damage (Looted from Ancient Krayt Dragons, or found in Buried Treasure)
    Select - Up to 16 damage (Looted from Ancient Krayt Dragons, or found in Buried Treasure)
    Quality - Up to 11 damage (Looted from Ancient & Giant Canyon Krayt Dragons, or found in Buried Treasure)
    Good - Up to 9 damage (Looted from Ancient, Giant Canyon Krayt Dragons)
    Fair - Up to 7 damage (Looted from Ancient, Giant Canyon, & Canyon Krayt Dragons)
    Poor - Up to 5 damage (Looted from any Krayt Dragon)
    Scratched - Unusable (Looted from any Krayt Dragon)
    Cracked - Unusable (Looted from any Krayt Dragon)

*NOTE* Flawless Pearls of each type will always tune to their same respected amounts.

Challenges Await..

(Pictured Above) An undisclosed location on Tatooine..

If you think you can brave the adventures that await in taking on the Greater Ancient Krayt Dragon, the rewards can span to more than Pearls; they can include trophies, decor, collections, and much more:

(Pictured Above) a Horn’s Future looted from the Greater Ancient Krayt Dragon

(Pictured Above) Hunting Trophy of a Greater Ancient Krayt Dragon

If you're still dead set on experiencing the terror of this World Boss firsthand, you may be able to find more tips on how you and your friends can take down the beast here..

But don’t say we didn’t warn you..

This concludes our Friday Feature for today. We hope we’ve been able to help you Know Your Foe!

May the force be with you,

SWG:Legends Staff

Stay up to date with the latest Friday Feature, which contains useful information to players new and veteran alike!

View the whole collection RIGHT HERE!
    Last edited by Laviz; 06-07-2019 at 09:31 PM.

2. #2 Re: *Friday Feature - Know Your Foe: Krayt Dragons* 
    Forum Advisor

Cauth Bodva, City of guild TT (The Tourists or Les Touristes)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RED is DEAD! ... at least, it should be!

"PickUp-DropOff by -AtAl-" /way 233 -4871 , city of Cauth Bodva (shuttle), Rori

3. #3 Re: *Friday Feature - Know Your Foe: Krayt Dragons* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You forgot one
    ##Juvenile Canyon Krayt Dragon##

Adolescent Krayt Dragon
    Canyon Krayt Dragon
    Giant Canyon Krayt Dragon
    Grand Krayt Dragon
    Krayt Dragon Ancient
    Greater Ancient Krayt Dragon (World Boss)

Also all flawless I have tune got max damage form what I have seen it's %100 with all flawless as it was on live. I tuned 5 AF all at 20/22 and all the normal flawless I tuned got 19/20 Ancient Krayt Dragons can drop any pearls I have got lots of scratched ,cracked, poor ect off them but only Grand and Ancients can drop Premium, Flawless and Ancient [Flawless pearls. I have killed hundreds in the lase 3 months :)

Also who messed with the spawn out in the grave yard? its crazy over! the last 2 weeks two times as many krayts spawned at the same time than I have ever seen, with so many the lag is so bad even walking its taking 20 to 30 seconds form them to show up and you are in combat for 10 seconds before the krayt shows on your screen. this has only started in the last two or three weeks.
    Last edited by JohnnyGatt; 06-07-2019 at 10:29 AM.

4. #4 Re: *Friday Feature - Know Your Foe: Krayt Dragons* 
    Event Staff

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGatt View Post
    You forgot one
    ##Juvenile Canyon Krayt Dragon##
    Whoops! I'll add that in, thanks! I can clarify the tuning better with the flawless pearls. =)

5. #5 Re: *Friday Feature - Know Your Foe: Krayt Dragons* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laviz View Post

Whoops! I'll add that in, thanks! I can clarify the tuning better with the flawless pearls. =)
    keep up the good work bro! :)

6. #6 Re: *Friday Feature - Know Your Foe: Krayt Dragons* 
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laviz View Post
    *NOTE* Flawless Pearls of each type will always tune to their same respected amounts.
    What does it means this?

7. #7 Re: *Friday Feature - Know Your Foe: Krayt Dragons* 
    Event Staff

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franknol View Post
    What does it means this?
    Hi @Franknol the the pearls that can be tuned (Poor to Premium) don't always tune to the same minimum and maximum damage. Flawless pearls however always tune to the same min and max.