Thread: *The Phantom Menace - 20th Anniversary*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. #21 Re: *The Phantom Menace - 20th Anniversary* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched this movie in the theater. That evening, the line was really long to get into the theater. During the wait, there were some cosplayers doing a lightsaber duel on a nearby parking structure. It was my first time seeing something like that, and I was really impressed. In the theater, the audience was totally electrified, so it was fun being part of that group watching the flick. I have always liked Phantom Menace, with my only complaint being Jar-Jar.

In-game character: Venemous

2. #22 Re: *The Phantom Menace - 20th Anniversary* 
    Community Contributor

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember camping outside the cinema for the premiere with my friend from school almost as if only a couple of years ago, the anticipation and hype that was built up for months was insane. Lots of us in costumes or at the very least wielding a saber waiting in line feeding off each others love for Star Wars, the final moments ticking away were only beat by the moment we finally settled in our seats and the intro scrawling text hit the screen with the iconic John Williams sending everyone into a loud roar!

Then we sat in silence, watching as the Phantom Menace unfolded... I didn't move until post credits and the lights were on, I was stuck in my seat with shock, the film sucked, it broke my heart!

Feels like saying Happy Anniversary to a bad ex, awkward and still sore but can't help but think of the good times before the breakup.

IGN OroMatoko aka "the stereotype saga hater".

🕱🄾🅁🄾🕱#4580

3. #23 Re: *The Phantom Menace - 20th Anniversary* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent half the movie attempting to share popcorn with a stranger in the theater who was wearing a stetson indoors.... I could be an over-polite kid I guess.

IGN: Reechi

4. #24 Re: *The Phantom Menace - 20th Anniversary* 
    Event Staff

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread is now closed. Thank you all for sharing your memories.