Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Player City Citizenship & Maintenance Changes Update 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kknd View Post
    Oh for God sake, do u think we live by playing 5 accounts and so on !!??
    A few toons are ok, complete one another, but ...THIS !?
    I doubt someone thought how much time consuming is to log to X accounts. How many hours are taken in consideration to play for these fees? seriously !
    Are not paying taxes in real life feed u up enough ? Do ur math again, and a 50% cut will be reasonable.
    To quote somebody above: " BOOOOO "
    It doesn't mean YOU personally need 5 accounts, in fact you are only allowed to have one, it means 5 DIFFERENT people with one account each...

2. #22 Re: Player City Citizenship & Maintenance Changes Update 
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see the big deal. Anyone that wants to keep there city just has to afk credit farm a little bit more.

This system has the positive effect of removing cities from people that play once every blue moon or have just quit the game. It gives people that actively play a chance to create their own city.

It's also a necessary change considering that everyone has access to 5 characters, which is still a ridiculous number for this game and its systems. People have become way to complacent with the ease of access offered because of 5 characters.

3. #23 Re: Player City Citizenship & Maintenance Changes Update 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing this would seem to impact for me--and possibly all players--is intraplanetary travel.

If only cities Level 4 and above can have Shuttleports and the requirements to reach Level 4 are increased in this way, it seems like there will be fewer cities capable of placing Shuttleports and subsequently fewer Shuttleports across the map, increasing personal travel times to some key locations.

How will this impact travel times and access points once the changes have been implemented? Would it be possible to lower the requirements to place a Shuttleport so the current access points remain without it affecting the number of cities per planet?

4. #24 Re: Player City Citizenship & Maintenance Changes Update 
    Former Senator

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally, good Work Nubius :)
    Wagnar: Master Smuggler, Beastmaster, Alliance Ace Pilot, Master Chronicler and Alliance General (Ret.)--Chriztal: Master Officer, Beastmaster, Imperial Ace Pilot and Imperial General (Ret.)--Pearll: Master Crafter, Chief Geneticist and Corsec Master Pilot--Ivar: Master Crafter and Chief Geneticist --Amathyst: Master Medic -- All proud Members of DAWN / IBM

Don't ask: What can The Community do for Me ? --- Ask: What can I do for The Community ?

5. #25 Re: Player City Citizenship & Maintenance Changes Update 
    Community Contributor ChrisLenga's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I feel like this is a step in the right direction, but perhaps still not quite there. The maintenance is too low and the amount of accounts/citizens still enables single player cities to exist, thus I don't think this will solve too much in regards to the issue regarding active guilds such as mine not being able to advance in rank due to planets being capped. I really and truly supported the following requirements far more. Especially since there's a planet cap of city halls placed and thus now it may be littered by rank 1 cities from the single player cities.

Old Proposed:
    Rank 1 = 1 Account / 5 Characters-------> Rank 1 = 2 Accounts / 7 Characters
    Rank 2 = 2 Accounts / 10 Characters----> Rank 2 = 3 Accounts / 14 Characters
    Rank 3 = 3 Accounts / 15 Characters----> Rank 3 = 5 Accounts / 21 Characters
    Rank 4 = 6 Accounts / 30 Characters----> Rank 4 = 8 Accounts / 40 Characters
    Rank 5 = 8 Accounts / 40 Characters----> Rank 5 = 12 Accounts / 60 Characters

--------------------------------------

Finalized:
    Rank 1 = 2 Accounts / 7 Characters
    Rank 2 = 3 Accounts / 14 Characters
    Rank 3 = 5 Accounts / 22 Characters
    Rank 4 = 7 Accounts / 35 Characters
    Rank 5 = 10 Accounts / 50 Characters

As mentioned above, because of the ease in regards to having five characters per account, I feel like

Furthermore, I feel that maintenance should be significantly higher. Earning credits is stupid simple in this game just as it was on live and a city should be a joint effort between taxes and donations.

Like I said, step in the right direction, but I still believe it has room for improvement.
    Sincerely,
    Chris Lenga aka Jarrock

Guild Leader, VAST & City Mayor, VAST Coast

6. #26 Re: Player City Citizenship & Maintenance Changes Update 
    Player
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like the idea of cities with more activity rather improving quality and destination wise what u might expect randomly going inbetween populated cities .

7. #27 Re: Player City Citizenship & Maintenance Changes Update 
    Senior Player

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm cool either way. It's worth a try. If it doesn't work out, they can alter it. No biggie.

We are looking to expand should you want to live in proximity to the coolest mofos in the galaxy. Seriously, pack up that house around a NPC city or in the middle of nowhere and come be social. Holla!

8. #28 Re: Player City Citizenship & Maintenance Changes Update 
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not crazy about it but it is what it is. I just hope this doesn't cause an inflation on vendors. The prices on some things are outrageous enough without the cost increase of player cities.

9. #29 Re: Player City Citizenship & Maintenance Changes Update 
    Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the try to let players leave the game i think!!

10. #30 Re: Player City Citizenship & Maintenance Changes Update 
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubius View Post

Lastly, in order to assist mayors with the increase in maintenance fees, we have increased the maximum values for the 5 player city taxes available:

Tax Increases:
    Income Tax Maximum Rate increased to 25,000 credits
    Property Tax Maximum Rate increased to 60%
    Sales Tax Maximum Rate increased to 25%
    Travel Tax Maximum Rate increased to 750 credits
    Garage Tax Maximum Rate increased to 35%

This right here, looks like a great way to grief players you no longer want in your city, Simply raise their taxes, and bleed them dry till they have no credits left. Especially if they leave the game for a bit they will come back their house will be gone, along with the stuff inside the house and their bank account dry along with all the credits they had on them, Sounds like a great way to ensure we don't encourage people to return to the game after a long time gone.

With all the new projects starting up I do not believe this is a good time to be upping anything with the player cities, I think it best we wait let the dust settle for a few more months make sure we fair well then go from there. We don't need to push people out the doors do we?
    Last edited by Jedisoldier; 03-19-2019 at 12:53 AM.