User Tag List

Thread: *Contest: Design Your Own Weapon!*

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 133
  1. #41 Re: *Contest: Design Your Own Weapon!* 
    Community Contributor



    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    64
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Echu View Post
    Sorry I didn't say anything earlier. Looks promising! can you make a sketch of it, making it a bit more specific about what you say of it shooting, etc? so far could only be a terminal that calls for an orbital strike! work on it, i think it's cool!
    It's a regular melee weapon that looks like a terminal. Crafters have to equip a weapon to get all applicable crafting mods, a weapon that looks like a terminal or tool would be cool. Right now, we have to use a pistol, carbine, rifle, etc. My thought was that if it used ingame art, like this "terminal" which is a flora survey tool already ingame, it would make it easy enough to break off a little love. I can run it through a sketch filter on pshop if that will help clear it up. Adding the gif-style animation (from another already ingame item) isn't really necessary.

    Can assemble custom weapon core with crafting mods. Can install core with crafting mods in weapon skin that looks like a tool. Can put crafting mods in the open slot. That's about it.
    Last edited by JekVanno; 03-08-2019 at 05:19 PM.

    Discord: Jek, IGN: Jeck Vanno, Replicant-VII
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #42 Re: *Contest: Design Your Own Weapon!* 
    Player
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good evening all,

    Here's my submission:



    Weapon Name: Rebel Officer's Vibrosaber
    Weapon Type: One-Handed Melee
    Weapon Elemental: Acid
    Weapon Faction: Rebel Alliance
    Discord Handle: Rayce

    Image of your design:

    Attached Images
    Last edited by FalconOne; 03-08-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #43 Re: *Contest: Design Your Own Weapon!* 
    Player Vales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I just want to confirm I understand something, since the phrasing in the rules made me uncertain. If one recreated a design from Star Wars that isn't present in the game, without using ripped assets but instead modeling it again entirely themselves, would that be an acceptable submission? Or does it have to be created whole-cloth totally original?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #44 Re: *Contest: Design Your Own Weapon!* 
    Senior Player Juzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a industrial design student and its not everyday I get to design a weapon, but so far heres my idea based off the dc-17 from republic commando game


    Weapon Name: DC-17 MKII (Rifle version)
    Weapon Type: Rifle
    Weapon Elemental: Any
    Weapon Faction: Imperial
    Image of your design:dc17.jpg
    Discord Handle: Juzzy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #45 Re: *Contest: Design Your Own Weapon!* 
    Former Senator Rockatansky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    807
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzy View Post
    I'm a industrial design student and its not everyday I get to design a weapon, but so far heres my idea based off the dc-17 from republic commando game


    Weapon Name: DC-17 MKII (Rifle version)
    Weapon Type: Rifle
    Weapon Elemental: Any
    Weapon Faction: Imperial
    Image of your design:dc17.jpg
    Discord Handle: Juzzy
    Best one yet. Excellent work Juz-man.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #46 Re: *Contest: Design Your Own Weapon!* 
    Community Contributor TheKanickel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Echu View Post
    Get your pencil to work and give me something that cool, I'm sure you can! :D

    YOU ASKED FOR IT! Dont laugh! i tried my best to not just take a random picture of a gatling. TBH, i dont really care what it would look like in the end. I just realized that we got pretty mutch every weapon, from daggers to rifles and from flamethrower to rocketlauncher... BUT NO GALTING LASER :D kinda weird since they were actually used quite often in the SW universe.

    Weapon Name: LZ-3Y Improved Rotary Laser Cannon

    Weapon Type: No Idea, i guess it's a "Special" Heavy Weapon but i can also see this as a completely new Weapon Type, I don't know how tight restrictions are but it sure would be a cool thing to get a new weapon type IMO. If not it's just gonna be a Heavy Weapon

    Weapon Elemental: Heat for sure, if this was to become a new weapon type there's maybe a possibility to let it have 2 elemental types to add a little seasoning to it. 2nd one would be Electrical

    Weapon Faction: Imperial of course :P But then again, if it becomes it's own weapon type then Rebels will soon want one for themselves :P

    Image of My Desing (Dont Laugh, Echu made me do it!):
    LZ-3Y Improved Rotary Laser Cannon.jpg


    Discord Handle: TheKanickel Metro Rogerr Sivas#2333

    May the pencilpower be with you..or something like that
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #47 Re: *Contest: Design Your Own Weapon!* 
    Developer Echu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vales View Post
    So, I just want to confirm I understand something, since the phrasing in the rules made me uncertain. If one recreated a design from Star Wars that isn't present in the game, without using ripped assets but instead modeling it again entirely themselves, would that be an acceptable submission? Or does it have to be created whole-cloth totally original?
    Would be, most certainly I'd have to modify it so the engine works ok with it tho. That's why I suggest hand made drawings more than 3d assets, but if you're good with it, do it in 3d :D

    What's important here is that it's a sketch made by you
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #48 Re: *Contest: Design Your Own Weapon!* 
    Developer Echu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconOne View Post
    Good evening all,

    Here's my submission:



    Weapon Name: Rebel Officer's Vibrosaber
    Weapon Type: One-Handed Melee
    Weapon Elemental: Acid
    Weapon Faction: Rebel Alliance
    Discord Handle: Rayce

    Image of your design:

    Good job man!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #49 Re: *Contest: Design Your Own Weapon!* 
    Developer Echu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzy View Post
    I'm a industrial design student and its not everyday I get to design a weapon, but so far heres my idea based off the dc-17 from republic commando game


    Weapon Name: DC-17 MKII (Rifle version)
    Weapon Type: Rifle
    Weapon Elemental: Any
    Weapon Faction: Imperial
    Image of your design:dc17.jpg
    Discord Handle: Juzzy
    Good entry man! needless to say, as we're talking about DC-17, you'll have a little surprise already concerning that weapon :P
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #50 Re: *Contest: Design Your Own Weapon!* 
    Developer Echu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKanickel View Post
    YOU ASKED FOR IT! Dont laugh! i tried my best to not just take a random picture of a gatling. TBH, i dont really care what it would look like in the end. I just realized that we got pretty mutch every weapon, from daggers to rifles and from flamethrower to rocketlauncher... BUT NO GALTING LASER :D kinda weird since they were actually used quite often in the SW universe.

    Weapon Name: LZ-3Y Improved Rotary Laser Cannon

    Weapon Type: No Idea, i guess it's a "Special" Heavy Weapon but i can also see this as a completely new Weapon Type, I don't know how tight restrictions are but it sure would be a cool thing to get a new weapon type IMO. If not it's just gonna be a Heavy Weapon

    Weapon Elemental: Heat for sure, if this was to become a new weapon type there's maybe a possibility to let it have 2 elemental types to add a little seasoning to it. 2nd one would be Electrical

    Weapon Faction: Imperial of course :P But then again, if it becomes it's own weapon type then Rebels will soon want one for themselves :P

    Image of My Desing (Dont Laugh, Echu made me do it!):
    LZ-3Y Improved Rotary Laser Cannon.jpg


    Discord Handle: TheKanickel Metro Rogerr Sivas#2333

    May the pencilpower be with you..or something like that
    Nicely done! Interesting design for a heavy weapon, indeed :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO