Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
  1. #51 Re: *Friday Feature - Discussing Player Cities 2.0 Changes* 
    Community Contributor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedisoldier View Post
    Mayors of cities need to be given more control of their own city. We all have those houses in our city that used to be citizens but have placed a house somewhere else and changed their residence. That house is taking up prime property in our cites and we cant do a dam thing about it, our city cant grow because we cant make these people move, We need to have control of our own cities. Let us pack these players houses up. Give the mayors more power.

We all of those people who we know are never coming back they have told us so them selves give us the power to pack up their house. Its not like they are losing their houses. They are just getting evicted from a player city. Once no longer a citizen they are no longer subject to being able to be taxed or participate in voting and have a say anyways, so its fair. If you know they aren't coming back its fair. If they are in your guild and you pick it up by mistake when they come back you would be placing it down again when they come back anyways.

As a mayor you should have some say in your city. The residence have voted you in and given their permission for you to rule over the city, and take care of it as you see fit.

This would solve the problem of house pack up because we watch it very closely and for the most part we know who is coming back or who isn't anyways. As a mayor you want your city to grow so its not like mayors are just going to pack up every house in town, because then they wouldn't have a city would they.

^ You have spoken out my thought, I would vote for you for the Senate :)

2. #52 Re: *Friday Feature - Discussing Player Cities 2.0 Changes* 
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want a credit sink? increase house maintenance with a 10 fold. Punishing Mayors is NOT the way to do it.
    If you want to open up the playercities/planets? shorten the no-login time zoning violation of 90 days to 60 or 45 days (i stated that before) and make it so that ALL the structures of the account involved are packed up.
    if you want no longer allow 1 account cities? increase the requirements like proposed, i dont see any problems there BUT....

….. make playercities attrative so that players want to move in and become part of it. If thats gonna be the case then the higher requirements never be any problem.

edited: i wait for the announcement for part 2, hopefully it will be nice and put a plaster on the damage done :)
    @mariejulie U suck too by saying the costs should be 100 fold, i got a life and dont greed afk to have zillion credits.
    For all the cry babies that say its impossible to start a city should put a little more effort in it. I started my city on Tatooine, March this year and in 6 weeks it got to rank 5.
    It was very active, i say it was because the die-hard playerbase is decreasing rapid lately.
    I hope we gonna survive a little longer but my motivation is at an all time low at the moment
    Last edited by BarCode; 11-30-2018 at 01:29 PM.
    Mayor of Mos Quito - Tatooine

3. #53 Re: *Friday Feature - Discussing Player Cities 2.0 Changes* 
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarCode View Post
    @mariejulie U suck too by saying the costs should be 100 fold, i got a life and dont greed afk to have zillion credits.
    I never AFK, lol. Set yourself up a decent crafter and log on a few times a week, its basically free credits.

4. #54 Re: *Friday Feature - Discussing Player Cities 2.0 Changes* 
    Community Veteran

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate the idea of needing more citizen to keep a city going. It will hurt crafters to. Yes, we have 5 characters. But a house takes up 2 lots. I use 9 lots just for Elite Harvesters. So placing 1 house for 1 citizen I lose a whole elite harvester which could be gathering lots of resources for me.

Additonally, we have a low player population. I is hard to maintain a city. I was the mayor of 2 cities on talus. Sin Laboratory and Sin Citadel. Both cities were a rank 4 or 5 city with shuttle. However, due to troubles getting people to move in as declared residence had to shut down the Sin Citadel city. Both cities had different specalization which is why I ran 2. One was for Crafting and other for BM so they gave different bonuses.

Now i just run 1 city, Sin Laboratory and it is still hard to maintain 30+ citizen over time even when constantly getting new people in. Even had the city derank itself to rank 3 and lose the shuttle before we got it back to rank 4.

The system in place to derank and destory cities work fine IMO. Yes, it does take time, as you need 90 days of inactivity before a residence loses it status. If anything just reduce that 90 days to 60 days and that will speed up the cycle. I would not go less than 60 days because people do have RL and can get emergencies come up.