Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nominees In-game name: Hunts Starsider
    Nominees forum name: (If known): Unsure
    Nominees Discord name (If known): Unsure
    Reason for nomination:

I just want to say that since I started SWG almost 2 weeks ago, he has been nothing but a book of knowledge that I had long forgotten. Having not played since server shut down on live, nor knowing about any private server running it. Every time I run into a problem, or have serious need of help he's always there. Dude is an amazing person, and an amazing friend. He's extremely patient with me, and everybody I see him interact with. I'm still new to this server, and I'm sure there are more qualified people, but for me he is hands down a the best candidate, he reminds me of what I loved the most about this game all those years ago, and that was the community.

2. #32 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nominees In-game name: Taylone Nomante
    Nominees forum name: (If known):
    Nominees Discord name (If known): Taylone Nomante#4703
    Reason for nomination (Please be descriptive and include lots of words/experiences of the person you are nominating): Honestly... I wouldn't be where I was without him. While he was not the person who brought me over to this game, he certainly was the one there for me every step of the way. He helped me decorate my first house, he helped my in the roleplay, and honestly, he made our guild, IMPS, what it is. His dedication to the game, to the lore and to the universe, as well as to his people is unmatched.

He is the man anyone can come to with their problems. He helps new and old players feel at home. Thanks to his open mind and open heart, our guild grew. He helped me both in game and outside, he saw me at my worst, and congratulated me at my best.

3. #33 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nominees In-game name: Kroye
    Nominees forum name: : Kroye
    Nominees Discord name :Kroye
    Reason for nomination:

The reason for I believe he is the right person for this award is the same reason I voted for him for Senate, because he actually cares about people in the game, he listens to everyone, and he really hears them.

So many times in voice someone will say they need something and the next day they have mysteriously been given it by an anonymous donor, turns out it was Kroye.

He is the first person to offer someone in the group an extra set of jewelry to make sure our heroic runs are successful. Or to loan them out till they can get their own. If someone needs a weapon he will go get them one, or hand off one of his own. I have seen him buy a gun from someone one day because they needed some credits and then turn around and give that gun away the next day because someone else needed it.

Kroye only has a few hrs each night to play because he spends most nights with his family, but those few hrs he does plays at the end of the night, he spends those hrs helping people, crafting items for others, or throwing attachments together for someone, buying a weapon for someone else or dropping a jewelry set off for this person or that one, Setting a harvester down for a guild mate, or hand sampling a resource on musty for another friend, up in Kessel helping take out someone's corvette so they can finish their Ace, Its hard to keep up with him and all he does, and he certainly does deserve this award!

4. #34 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    CSR Lead

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    44 Thread(s)
    Nominees In-game name: BloodCommando
    Nominees forum name: (If known): BloodCommando
    Nominees Discord name (If known): BloodCommando
    Reason for nomination (Please be descriptive and include lots of words/experiences of the person you are nominating): I met BloodCommando shortly after he started on Legends. Even before he was fully geared himself he was helping others out with running heroics groups, sometimes 3 full runs in one day. I have seen him help countless people figure out which profession best fit their play style, gotten them set up with expertise, and helped them get geared (or pointed them to who could help them). There have been many times that I have seen him sit in Eisley answering questions for new players who are trying to figure things out, or give them items to help them along their way. He has also served on the Senate for 3 terms now and truly tries to make sure all parts of the community are represented. I have seen him support or propose changes/ideas for all parts of the game.

He is also supportive of staff and what they do in game. I do not know that there have been more than a couple events in game that Blood has not attended since coming to the server. Fashion shows, trivia events, PvP events, space events, you are sure to see him if one is going on. He is also an all around Star Wars nerd and a great source if you need lore or need help with any obscure quest, collection, or badge in game. Always down to have fun, joke a bit, and even lightly troll you for laughs.

In short I think he embodies what we've all loved about SWG and that is community. The community is different from what I have experienced in other games and I think people like BloodCommando are a good example of why.

5. #35 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Galactic Senator

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fylingdaleflyer View Post
    Nominees In-game name: Shrick

Nominees forum name: Shrick

Nominees Discord name: Shrick

Reason for nomination:

Where to begin? As a player who loved this game and discovered Legends as a fledgling crafter near the Mos Eisley Starport, I struggled. I had no friends in this game, and despite my efforts to have them download the launcher and my set of discs IRL...I was alone. I quickly learned how harsh the in-game economy was and was honestly thinking about throwing in the towel...I was disheartened and discouraged...were it not for Shrick. He approached me in my weakness with an offer to join his city and set up a house. Out of nowhere. A house...which to me at that moment meant spending more credits than I had.

...but no, Shrick did more than that. He must have taken pity on me. He must have been in my pathetic shoes at some point in a galaxy far far away--He not only offered to *give* me a house, but also to help pay for a lot of the costs. To me at that point, I didn't know what to think...I had some awful experiences on live, donating 5 million credits just to join a certain city/guild. That's what I knew, and that's what I expected--but to my astonishment, Shrick had no "quid pro quo's" or conditions.
    The man has big heart, and his generosity is gigantic...and this was just my first impression of the guy.

Since that point--and because of Shrick's help and guidance--I've run a successful shop on Tatooine. He made the difference for me. Were it not for him, I'd still be at point A, or M.I.A. With every question I had, he had an answer. Not only was he a well of wisdom in this game, but he's also pretty funny when you get to know him.

Shrick is the kind of guy who would pick up a homeless man on the street, take him home, feed him, and try to find housing for him. He doesn't just tip you and walk away. He genuinely cares about your welfare.

There are numerous times where he's shown an inhuman amount of generosity and kindness to me, and I can only guess how many other lives he's impacted here.

...the funny part, for me, is that I didn't learn he was a CSR until waaay later after I got to know him. That, to me, says a lot about his humility and character, as he doesn't flaunt it around like a toddler that found his dad's gun--no, he shows complete restraint, and serious proffessionalism as someone with authority.

This was the first friend I've met on SWG Legends, and in-game, I've yet to experience a kinder, more patient and generous player who displays the best possible character as both a player and human being.

This is why I nominate Shrick for said trophy...in my eyes, the guy deserves it.

^^ This too !

I've known Shricky since Live and this little shit has grown up to be an actual Top Bloke, legit. For all the reasons above, he gets my vote! Selfless, generous, inclusive, patient, all the things he never was back on Live, which he is now! :P

Srs tho, he really is someone who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it, will always point you in the right direction and has a genuine love for this game.

6. #36 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Community Veteran

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nominees ingame name: I'io

I'd like to nominate I'io because even if he cannot play Legends every day lately because of real life matters (like working too much for example) he is still one of the most influental players i know in game, sharing valuable knowledge and helping other out whenever it's needed. A very straightforward person who always tells stuff like it is - like not backing out and giving up if any of us is messing up stuff, instead he tries to steer things straight with constructive advice and help. He's not shy of goofing round in game in a less serious way, so while he got them hardcore skills he's also a cool and fun guy to hang out with ingame.

And, since i'm just now "over there" (i guess "over here"....) to visit a couple guildies and have gotten to meet him in a galaxy not so far away i know that the person you meet in the game isn't just surface, this guy is just as nice in real life. I expected nothing less ofc, but it does cement the fact that he really is a player worthy of the title "Pride of SWG:Legends".
    [Dawn] 2.0 of Legends, formerly Sentinels of New Dawn, Europe-Chimaera

7. #37 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Community Contributor

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nominees In-game name: Cerene
    Nominees forum name: Cerene
    Nominees Discord name Cerene
    Reason for nomination (Please be descriptive and include lots of words/experiences of the person you are nominating):
    - You are limited to one nomination each per forum account/Unable to nominate yourself.

I first met Cerene when i was running my own guild, she was friendly and helpful and we did a lot of joint guild runs together.

her knowledge of the game was awesome and i learnt a lot about how to play the game better especially the BM side things.

several incidents happend through the running of the guild which started to stress me out and she was very supportive in helping me deal with them. eventually i decided id had enough of the drama caused by other people and she told me i had a place within IBM as far as she was concerned i had always been a part of their family.

even now she will help someone in need where she can and whilst sometimes she may seem to come across harsh, she just has a competitive spirit and wants to win. if you do the instance the right way you wont have any issues :) and its certainly fun doing 2/3 man heroics

i believe she deserves some recognition for everything she does and im sure the rest of IBM and others would agree too.
    Love her ot hate her, she is a brilliant player and a good friend.

8. #38 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Munitions Senator

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nominees In-game name: Imed
    Nominees forum name: generalcrunch
    Nominees Discord name: Speker3#1425
    Reason for nomination: He is my brother so i have had the chance to see his personal contributions to the players of this server firsthand, especially the guild members of FOX. As a medic and beast master he has many times answered the call of duty to fill the medic role in our heroic groups even when it was not convenient for himself. Imed could have been a credit billionaire im certain but instead he has rarely had little over 100mil after 2 years on the server because he pours all of his effort and charity into FOX guild and friends. Last year he had been hunting Ancient Krayts for a very long time for beast master components and had accumulated many ancient flawless pearls. Rather than selling them he was openly giving them out to anyone in the guild with a jedi.. He had geared full sets of pearls for countless jedi he knew, i can think of 7 people off the top of my head.. He has been a resource hoarder much like myself and constantly donates resources to new crafters getting started. He has even donated some very rare 100+ cpu resources towards guildies in need trying to craft specific items. His beast mastery is first class, he makes many mutations including kimogilas or triple stat mutations and always either uses them himself or gives them to friends for unreasonably low rates (i don't know if he even covers costs..) lol. He has hosted leveling groups for the new players in FOX and from what i can remember he has assisted over 5 players accounts of characters to 90 (around 20+ characters). He is the kind of person who loots something in heroics and passes it to the least geared guildy even though he has neglected to fully gear all of his own characters yet.. He is the kind of player who builds the foundation of any helpful new player friendly guild and has been one of FOX guilds greatest contributors of all time. I cannot compare to his generosity. I have the server first collection for Munitions helper monkey ONLY because he straight up gave me the entire collection! I didn't even consider doing the collection but he had been obtaining pieces while hosting leveling groups and surprised me with them. Really goes to show how long and how many leveling groups he has hosted.
    He may not be the credit rich player he could have been, but in terms of friends made and karma earned he is one of the richest people on the server.

9. #39 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Munitions Senator

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is actually working up north for a month and has no idea he's been nominated (probably doesnt even know this event is happening) so if he wins it'll be a great surprise for him hahaha

10. #40 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Galactic Senator
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nominees In-game name: Vad
    Nominees forum name: (If known): vadhyde
    Nominees Discord name (If known): Vad

Reason for nomination: Vad is one of my best friends! Of course, in a game full of friends, it is hard to pick favorites. But, Vad has always been my right hand man. He has been an avid citizen of Peko Peko Canyon, Naboo since we founded it together March 23rd. It's been such a unique experience hanging out with him and watching together as the city developed into a flourishing village that is home to so many players. About a third of the senate showed up to a packed cantina party after the Senate voting closed! Vad, for the most part, is a humble citizen of Peko Peko canyon. However, being able to talk to him (and in my bid for senate with our guild LVN) has really helped me in my run and as I continue to build. He is a player you can count on, a player who constantly seeks to help others, and is such a fun player who participates in most all aspects of the game. He is working on his masters, and he is such a big part of what makes LVN my family as well as what makes the Star Wars Galaxies Legends community so great. He's one of those people that, whether you knew him or not, if Vad disappeared his presence would be missed throughout the galaxy.
    Last edited by Bossk; 09-24-2018 at 09:39 PM.