Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. #1 *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Project Admin

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Greetings Legends,

Do you know a special individual that has made your overall experience within the SWG:Legends community that much more special and enjoyable? Well, we want to hear all about it!

Last year we hosted the SWG:Legends Heroes Day community event which bought out some really positive comments and stories of how members of the community engage and help each other out within our galaxy. This year we wanted to change things up, we’ve changed the title of this community event to the Pride Of Legends. You are probably wanting to know how this will work, let us explain. Below you will find a nomination template that you can fill in to nominate a special player OR staff member. That’s right, you can nominate a staff member this time around. As much as we do work on the project we do occasionally play the game!

Nominees In-game name:
    Nominees forum name: (If known):
    Nominees Discord name (If known):
    Reason for nomination (Please be descriptive and include lots of words/experiences of the person you are nominating):

- You are limited to one nomination each per forum account/Unable to nominate yourself.

On or around September 29th 2018, the staff will discuss & decide on which nominations deserve the Pride Of Legends 2018 award. We will have a total of 15 winners from the community. The winners of this prestigious award will be publicly announced on the forum announcements/Discord & our social media channels. The winners will personally be granted an in-game personalised trophy by a member of staff to congratulate them.

Staff members will be able to be nominated by members of the community this time around. After nominations have closed on September 29th at 5PM BST/12PM EST/9AM PST a public vote will posted to the forum with the nominated staff members listed. It will then be up to you, the community to VOTE for the deserving staff members. (Staff members can nominate a member of the community but not each other, nor vote for another staff member) a total of 5 staff member winners will be in addition to the 15 player community winners.

Good luck to everyone! We can’t wait to read the nominations.

May the force be with you.

SWG:Legends Staff
    Last edited by RoarAsh; 09-05-2018 at 05:52 PM.

2. #2 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nominees In-game name: Shrick

Nominees forum name: Shrick

Nominees Discord name: Shrick

Reason for nomination:

Where to begin? As a player who loved this game and discovered Legends as a fledgling crafter near the Mos Eisley Starport, I struggled. I had no friends in this game, and despite my efforts to have them download the launcher and my set of discs IRL...I was alone. I quickly learned how harsh the in-game economy was and was honestly thinking about throwing in the towel...I was disheartened and discouraged...were it not for Shrick. He approached me in my weakness with an offer to join his city and set up a house. Out of nowhere. A house...which to me at that moment meant spending more credits than I had.

...but no, Shrick did more than that. He must have taken pity on me. He must have been in my pathetic shoes at some point in a galaxy far far away--He not only offered to *give* me a house, but also to help pay for a lot of the costs. To me at that point, I didn't know what to think...I had some awful experiences on live, donating 5 million credits just to join a certain city/guild. That's what I knew, and that's what I expected--but to my astonishment, Shrick had no "quid pro quo's" or conditions.
    The man has big heart, and his generosity is gigantic...and this was just my first impression of the guy.

Since that point--and because of Shrick's help and guidance--I've run a successful shop on Tatooine. He made the difference for me. Were it not for him, I'd still be at point A, or M.I.A. With every question I had, he had an answer. Not only was he a well of wisdom in this game, but he's also pretty funny when you get to know him.

Shrick is the kind of guy who would pick up a homeless man on the street, take him home, feed him, and try to find housing for him. He doesn't just tip you and walk away. He genuinely cares about your welfare.

There are numerous times where he's shown an inhuman amount of generosity and kindness to me, and I can only guess how many other lives he's impacted here.

...the funny part, for me, is that I didn't learn he was a CSR until waaay later after I got to know him. That, to me, says a lot about his humility and character, as he doesn't flaunt it around like a toddler that found his dad's gun--no, he shows complete restraint, and serious proffessionalism as someone with authority.

This was the first friend I've met on SWG Legends, and in-game, I've yet to experience a kinder, more patient and generous player who displays the best possible character as both a player and human being.

This is why I nominate Shrick for said trophy...in my eyes, the guy deserves it.
    Last edited by Fylingdaleflyer; 09-06-2018 at 07:05 AM. Reason: corrected nomination template

3. #3 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Community Guide
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blood took the words out of my mouth. I was going to also name Krymsun.
    She has always helped me either as a guild leader, a CSR, or somebody that I could just vent to about personal issues in real life.
    Last edited by Shrick; 09-07-2018 at 05:37 AM.
    Kar'das Fractai, Kardas Fractai, Rynen Fractai, Lainya

4. #4 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nominees In-game name: Shada
    Nominees forum name: (If known): N/A
    Nominees Discord name (If known):N/A
    Reason for nomination (Please be descriptive and include lots of words/experiences of the person you are nominating): When I first started out as an entertainer in the game, I didn't know anyone, and I was completely clueless on how to buff people in the most efficient way possible. Shada was the first person to talk to me in-game. She was very kind to me from the very beginning. I had old clothes that the game normally gives you, called rags, when you first start out as an entertainer, but Shada came to my rescue. She offered me free clothes, and she even gave me a free Ewok wing, that matches my skin color. She made sure everything I wore matched my skin color. She is also so kind, and not just to me, but to everyone. She is even kind to the ones that aren't in the guild. She didn't invite me into the guild right away. She had to get to know me first for precautions. But, once, I joined her guild, everyone in that guild was so kind to me, all because of Shada. She is sweet to everyone in the guild and treats EVERYONE the same. She doesn't exclude you in anything. Everything she does, she does for everyone equally. But the matter is, She makes FREE clothes for everyone and I mean, EVERYONE in the guild!!! We all have matching outfits, and it really brings out the guild to know that as a guild, we're a REAL teammate, that we're more than just friends in the guild, but we're people she really cares about. SHe really cares about EVERY one of us. I will disclose something personal, just so she is the one you choose: I had a little problem (Life problem), and she personally came to me asking what is wrong, and she asked to talk in private just the two of us together, and we talked, and she gave me advice. An advice that I followed because it was a GOOD advice. She is very smart. She really cares about everyone she knows, not just the guild members, but also the regular customers that we buff. She takes the time to say hello to them and give them hugs. I don't know a better entertainer than Shada. She not only made me feel welcomed into the game SWG, she made me feel like I have a reason to play SWG. The reason I play SWG is because I know I will always see her shine through her kindness with everyone in the game. She's the kindest person in the WHOLE entire SWG in the Star Wars Universe. And ANY new entertainer that comes into the universe she is sure to welcome them and invite them into group so they don't feel left out. She greets every new entertainer that ever comes into te universe and tries to get them to join us in the guild.
    Last edited by pikultybalt; 09-05-2018 at 07:57 PM.

5. #5 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Former Senator

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nominees In-game name: Daslo
    Nominees forum name: (If known): Daslo
    Nominees Discord name (If known): Daslo

Reason for nomination: I'd like to nominate Daslo for this award. He's by far the best project lead so far. Since I started playing I've not known the server be this stable, or grow so much and I think we should recognise that. It has been a great achievement. Snaps for Daslo.
    Lirgo | Argo | Anno | Kasper | Thibb

6. #6 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Community Contributor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nominees In-game name: Walmahrt
    Nominees forum name: (If known): Walmahrt
    Nominees Discord name (If known): Walmahrt

I nominate Walhmahrt

One several occasions, Walmahrt was very helpful guiding and assisting me with in game issues such as what armor and attachments should I get, how much I should spend, etc. But on one occasion, his fairness and kindness blew me away. I just started on this server, no money, no friends, trying to remember things from live, pretty much a noob. I started with what I somewhat knew/remembered from live, resources. After doing some missions, enough to be able to afford a personal harvester, I started to collect steel and sell it on the bazaar, just a few thousand units at the time. That allowed me to buy more harvesters and mine more and buy regular harvesters and resale the personal ones. There I was, with about 100k in the bank and selling steel on the bazaar, slowly working my way up to be able to afford a house and more harvesters. I had a stash of about 100k of steel, apparently good steel, and I was selling it in 10k chunks on the bazaar. Split the steel, 10k, list it and wait To my surprise, it sold right away. Cool ! When I look at the email i saw that accidentally I sold a stash, my only stash, of about 105k of good steel, for 1cpu. I clicked on the remaining stash and listed it at 1... I was bummed out, really pissed at me for being so negligent. That steel would assure me a house and a heavy. I was down.... Then another email. What? I didn't have anything else listed. I looked and it was from Walmahrt. Can't recall the exact words, but it was something like this: "Hey, I saw you listed the steel and I bought it being such a bargain, but I think you made a mistake. I can offer you the steel back or I can pay you the difference for the listing price". No, it was not real, no way someone would do such thing. I read it again, it was real. Long story short, we worked up a deal that was beneficial to both of us. So, that's to whom my nomination goes. I wish I could nominate others, others that I met later on, they were all more than helpful and all made and continue to make my experience with this game a very pleasant and enjoyable one.

7. #7 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Community Contributor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Character Name: VAVAU
    Discord name: Chema
    Forum name: unsure
    Reason for Nomination

I believe that anyone on the server can name at least one time that the presence of VAVAU has been a positive influence on the server as a whole. He has been the undisputed most interesting person on the server. The stories about him are too many to spill on this single forum post. His skill in game was unmatched. He could solo AM and was always on the front line of battle in Restus. He was also a very caring man, when learning of the news that Washington had fired ballistic missiles at Chicago due to gang violence he wanted to ensure that all of the residents in game were safe. This man is such a legened he has a following outside of the legends community. I am sure people have heard tales of the legened and swarmed to the server.

Therefore, I would like to use my nomination to nominate VAVAU official Legened of Legends and unofficial co-founding member of the server.

8. #8 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Forum Advisor

Cauth Bodva, City of guild TT (The Tourists or Les Touristes)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcoz View Post
    Nominees In-game name: Walmahrt
    Nominees forum name: (If known): Walmahrt
    Nominees Discord name (If known): Walmahrt

I nominate Walhmahrt

One several occasions, Walmahrt was very helpful guiding and assisting me with in game issues such as what armor and attachments should I get, how much I should spend, etc. But on one occasion, his fairness and kindness blew me away. I just started on this server, no money, no friends, trying to remember things from live, pretty much a noob. I started with what I somewhat knew/remembered from live, resources. After doing some missions, enough to be able to afford a personal harvester, I started to collect steel and sell it on the bazaar, just a few thousand units at the time. That allowed me to buy more harvesters and mine more and buy regular harvesters and resale the personal ones. There I was, with about 100k in the bank and selling steel on the bazaar, slowly working my way up to be able to afford a house and more harvesters. I had a stash of about 100k of steel, apparently good steel, and I was selling it in 10k chunks on the bazaar. Split the steel, 10k, list it and wait To my surprise, it sold right away. Cool ! When I look at the email i saw that accidentally I sold a stash, my only stash, of about 105k of good steel, for 1cpu. I clicked on the remaining stash and listed it at 1... I was bummed out, really pissed at me for being so negligent. That steel would assure me a house and a heavy. I was down.... Then another email. What? I didn't have anything else listed. I looked and it was from Walmahrt. Can't recall the exact words, but it was something like this: "Hey, I saw you listed the steel and I bought it being such a bargain, but I think you made a mistake. I can offer you the steel back or I can pay you the difference for the listing price". No, it was not real, no way someone would do such thing. I read it again, it was real. Long story short, we worked up a deal that was beneficial to both of us. So, that's to whom my nomination goes. I wish I could nominate others, others that I met later on, they were all more than helpful and all made and continue to make my experience with this game a very pleasant and enjoyable one.
    Same vote for me. This kind of dedication should allways be rewarded!

So: Walmahrt
    RED is DEAD! ... at least, it should be!

"PickUp-DropOff by -AtAl-" /way 233 -4871 , city of Cauth Bodva (shuttle), Rori

9. #9 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Community Contributor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nominees In-game name: Juzzy
    Nominees forum name: Juzzy
    Nominees Discord name: Juzzy
    Reason for nomination: Juzzy is without a doubt the most selfless player I've ever had the pleasure of playing with. He has helped me countless times no matter what I needed help with, taken time out of his day just so he can help me be a better player, and has even given me credits when I was poor. I've also seen Juzzy help tons of other players, in fact I'm willing to bet he's the most helpful player on the entire server. I used to be a clueless noob when it came to PvP and everyone would destroy me. One day Juzzy saw I was getting destroyed endlessly by some enemy rebels and he came in and wiped them all out by himself. I then was taken under his wing and he showed me the ins and outs of how to play this game properly. Before, I was a useless PvP'er unknown to the masses, but after Juzzy's countless hours of help, I've become one of the most feared and revered PvP'ers out there. Of course, I'm still nothing in PvP compared to Juzzy, but the fact is he never once got angry, or got fed up with me. He always believed in me from the very beginning, like a true friend. I'm sure almost every person on the server can speak volumes about his kind-heartedness, and I can only hope that those who have been blessed by Juzzy will comment here in support of how great of a person he is. Thank you, Juzzy, I seriously can't put into words how much of a blessing you have been to this server. May the force be with you my friend.

10. #10 Re: *The Pride of SWG:Legends Awards!* 
    Community Contributor

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nominees In-game name: Ambo
    Nominees forum name: (If known): Unsure
    Nominees Discord name (If known): Unsure
    Reason for nomination:

I had to think about who to nominate for this, seeing as I know a few people who deserve this, but in the end, I decided on Ambo. I started playing Legends about two weeks ago, having heard about it a few days beforehand and was thinking of whether I should or not. Right now, I am extremely happy and glad that I did, overjoyed to be back in Star Wars Galaxies once again. Part of me hates having to start all over, but I'm mostly just happy to be back. I created and boosted a commando to get myself started in what I want, but I also decided to dabble and try out professions I haven't played before either whatsoever; the Trader and the Entertainer to be exact.

I AFK leveled my Entertainer using macros in some random Mos Eisley backalley on the first night I made her. The day after, I started dancing in the cantina after I bought my character a nice outfit. I remember receiving warm welcomes from quite a few people there, both patrons and other Entertainers, as I handed out Inspiration buffs on that day and days after. The players of the guild RNBW were such people, like Shada (I see that post on the first page above me, and Shada is one of the people I was thinking of myself! :D) and Lillianna, even inviting me to a party/celebration to rejoice in the conclusion of the Senatorial election. But at the same time, there was also Ambo.

In my short time here thus far, I've made at least a few friends and joined up with two guilds and I've found that people are either really helpful or warm for the most part, but Ambo is one of the few people I know, if not the only one thus far, which has been both aspects for me. I sometimes have felt a tad awkward doing my thing in Mos Eisley's cantina when I'm there, but never around or with her. Almost every time we've interacted thus far, she has had a warm greeting for me (/hug :D) and lives up to what she put in her biography about always being open to making and chatting with new friends.

Ambo has also helped fill in gaps that I have with my knowledge and what I remember of the live version of the game 10+ years ago and is the only one outside of the guilds I'm in thus far to give me advice/tips with my Trader as well as answering whatever questions I have. She's also quite dedicated to the Entertainer profession, being quick to respond to those needing an Inspiration buff and has often been the first to propose grouping up with other Entertainers. Hell, I remember another friend of mine, relaxing or getting buffs at the cantina, PMing me that it had virtually no active Entertainers buffing people on the evening of the Senatorial celebration since pretty much almost all of the ones online were there. So upon learning that, I actually rushed out back from Naboo to Tatooine to make sure there was at least one person able to give buffs to those who need it and I ended up finding Ambo there when I arrived. I stayed there regardless for some time and only returned to the celebration later when it was evident she was going to stay there and keep at it.

All of this is why I've chosen to officially nominate Ambo for the Pride of SWG: Legends despite having only known her for a relatively short time. Thus far, for me, she has been warm, welcoming, and intelligent to not only me, but to others as well. She is one of the few people I know who also remind me of one of the reasons why I loved/love Star Wars Galaxies so much, that being the social aspect which all but one other MMO have lacked for me (That being Lord of the Rings: Online at its beginning and up to Siege of Mirkwood) and how amazing, friendly, and helpful the players here can be.
    Last edited by SevereArtisan; 09-08-2018 at 10:17 PM.