Thread: AFK Rule Update

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Senior Player

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pls do something about the afkers in space specifically the blackscale spawn
    How can you ago in space without using 3rd party program

You can't enforce these rules and not do the same in space

2. #12 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Player
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im very curious as to how you monitor for 3rd party programs given that you know dpa in the eu basically says you can only monitor the random access memory used by the program and with random timings it would leave any type of deletection pretty invalid as for the afk grinding issue why allow it anywhere ... if it was good enough for live why is it not here ??

as a player that doesnt afk and actually enjoys the grind it annoys the hell out of me when i go to grinding spots and its full with afkers but hey whatever serves your purposes i guess

3. #13 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @RoarAsh Wonder if I can get some exact clarification. I have two computer screens sitting in front of me, one has my medic who I buff people on 24/7, her /say macro runs every 4 minutes and I interact all the time with people, except of course when I am not sitting at the computer. I don't have afk enabled. Do I have to do that where I don't run a message macro every 60 seconds? or would I would I only have to do it if I leave my computer, because I'm never afk when sitting here.

4. #14 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    CSR Lead

Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    44 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedisoldier View Post
    @RoarAsh Wonder if I can get some exact clarification. I have two computer screens sitting in front of me, one has my medic who I buff people on 24/7, her /say macro runs every 4 minutes and I interact all the time with people, except of course when I am not sitting at the computer. I don't have afk enabled. Do I have to do that where I don't run a message macro every 60 seconds? or would I would I only have to do it if I leave my computer, because I'm never afk when sitting here.
    If you are at the computer you are fine to not have your AFK tag up. If you are away from your computer and not interacting please put up the afk tag. Hope that helps!

5. #15 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Player

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last week and the week before I took my friend to DWB and the geo caves for the first time ever. We were lucky on both occasions that no one was afk grinding there (which is rare). I am glad that the rules with AFK are getting better.

6. #16 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Player
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My macros are still being dumped even after I am running a join macro.

Edit: added a tell macro and it still is dumping my macros. I seem to be the only one at the site who is having this issue.
    Last edited by JasRapier; 09-05-2018 at 07:30 PM.

7. #17 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear something about this, but I wish something could be done in the force crystal cave on Dantooine.

Literally every spawn is camped in there. I mean, you can find force sensitive people elsewhere on the planet, but this place is most convenient.

The people spamming also have a town right outside the cave with junk vendors very nearby, so it's just unethical in every way.

They shouldn't be allowed to own an area in game.

8. #18 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Community Guide
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasRapier View Post
    My macros are still being dumped even after I am running a join macro.

Edit: added a tell macro and it still is dumping my macros. I seem to be the only one at the site who is having this issue.
    Same is happening to me.

I am also running the Auto invite and my micro's are being dumped can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I see other in the same place running with no dumping and a lot of them do not even have a join macro running.

9. #19 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Community Contributor

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting post, very informative however, AFK macroing is not limited to those who grind XP, credits, and novelty game items, most crafters have at least one character AFK macroing sampling, or other non-combat loop. It seems we have been aligned with all those who AFK macro and some of us are experiencing our characters forced off-line while simply sampling materials in locations that do not interfere with others' game play. Are we supposed to create an auto-invite now too in order to keep sampling while AFK and away from the screen? I personally have been dealing with a "bug" issue that cannot be answered by anyone thus far (in the ticket system over a month). Yet many of friends use the identical macros (I gave them mine) and do not (as of yet) experience any of my issues. AFK macroing traders should be exempt unless in the DWB.