User Tag List

Thread: AFK Rule Update

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
  1. #41 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda wish this can get pinned or made a Main Thread Topic so people can read this. It's like every 3 or 4 months, we get a new thread about anti-afk and it's bad. Or something similar.
    LordEatose's Outhouse - Canton, Corellia /way -899 38 1060
    Variety of different stuff I got up for sale.

2. #42 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Player

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading the comments here, I see a lot of NIMBY whining. Don't like the word "whining"? How about "feigning grievance"?

Valid (IMHO): /dump canopies over areas where quest-completion are demonstrably affected by afk farming. Or /dump canopies over areas where players tend to try to monopolize any NPC's *special* or unique loot drops. Those make sense and are fair to all.

Not valid: /dump canopies in places where there are no unique drops or necessary quest kills.

I use the word "whining" specifically about what y'all who gripe about /afk pilots in certain space spawns are doing. It's "whining". Accept it and own it. When you say you dislike seeing players /afk in space and you want someone to do something about it, you are whining.

These /afk players neither are denying you quest completion or access to rare/unique loot drops. They just happen to be doing something you don't agree with in a place that you happen to like to be. No one gripes about the farming parties that form in the Dantarrii villages or the Force Crystal cave on Dantooine. Wonder why? Maybe cuz the ppl who tend to whine about such things are either unaware of this or just don't go to these places much.

NIMBY.

Not
    In
    My
    BackYard

Live and let live, I say. Call it the "Libertarian" in me (the one that agrees with Murray Rothbard's well-articulated non-aggression principle, not like those who keep screaming "legalize it!").

Whine not, lest others whine about what you do.

3. #43 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Player

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thumbs up.

4. #44 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Player

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lail View Post
    Pls do something about the afkers in space specifically the blackscale spawn
    How can you ago in space without using 3rd party program

You can't enforce these rules and not do the same in space
    Does someone need a hug?

5. #45 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JScuba View Post

/dump canopies over areas where players tend to try to monopolize any NPC's *special* or unique loot drops. Those make sense and are fair to all.
    By *special* you mean what, exactly? I take this to mean that you think people shouldn't be able to AFK farm spawns with high-value items in their loot tables - correct me if I am wrong.

There is always the option of out-dpsing a farmer if you can manage it, weighing on the conjunction "if". If you can, good. If you can't, too bad. It sucks to suck.

6. #46 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Player

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nosir. That's not at all what I meant. What I mean is that I understand and can sympathize with ppl who are frustrated about farmers who inadvertently "grief" them by monopolizing any given spawn and that I understand the impulse to try to mitigate that in cases where mission completion or chance o loot a rare may be affected. I agree: The uber mensch need not worry about such things, because (s)he can and will out-damage the farmers. My sympathy is with the CL 86 solo elder-n00b who has to spend three hours in a place that - un-interfered with - might only take him/her 15 minutes to achieve objectives.

Sympathy for the person who asks for help in getting done what he needs to get done is that and that alone.

As for these other whiners who cry without being hurt....That's just another story altogether.

7. #47 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Community Contributor

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does someone need a hug?
    hi there strange person but aint you a couple of years too late to throw insults?

8. #48 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Community Contributor

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does someone need a hug?
    this was posted around about the time you started playing swg, mate go back to sleep

9. #49 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Player

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the hug.

ascii thumbs up