Thread: AFK Rule Update

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. #21 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too would love to see more restrictions on afk grinding. I feel like it ruins the game, especially on such a small server. I can also understand the idea of not having much time to play and wanting to stay competitive. However some of these rare items like mando armor or the wp holo should be exactly that rare. When you can just afk it, that destroys the sport of hunting the item down and also negatively effects the economy. These special items should be earned not handed over. Now if your actually at the computer, macro away as long as your not negatively effecting others trying to play too. Games are meant to be played, not turned on and left to do the playing for you.

2. #22 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    CSR Lead

Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    44 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreagnos View Post
    I too would love to see more restrictions on afk grinding. I feel like it ruins the game, especially on such a small server. I can also understand the idea of not having much time to play and wanting to stay competitive. However some of these rare items like mando armor or the wp holo should be exactly that rare. When you can just afk it, that destroys the sport of hunting the item down and also negatively effects the economy. These special items should be earned not handed over. Now if your actually at the computer, macro away as long as your not negatively effecting others trying to play too. Games are meant to be played, not turned on and left to do the playing for you.
    You are not allowed to AFK in the DWB so cannot obtain Mando through afking. Also a lot of the NS spawns are considered quests areas since WoD was release and thus cannot be afked, though there are still some spots it can be done. The more rare things have been limited quite a bit as have quest areas where we have put macro dump scripts. Hope that helps to clarify the policy we have a bit more. :)

3. #23 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    New Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well go look in ryatt trails wookie spawns full groups of 90's afking or groups with no invite macro its bs cant do my quest

4. #24 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoarAsh View Post
    Not Allowed -

The use of 3rd party programs (Including those on a keyboard or mouse) to circumvent the macro dumps in the areas they are active.

The same 2 characters have been farming the spawn outside Mos Espa (thieves for junk loot) constantly for the past couple of days running the same macros even though the dump script is active there

5. #25 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbeefy View Post
    well go look in ryatt trails wookie spawns full groups of 90's afking or groups with no invite macro its bs cant do my quest
    Yup, ran into the same problem on ALL 6 CHANNELS. Not just 1 guy per, sometimes 2-3 of them. I keep logging back on to check every day, and all 6 are occupied...

6. #26 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    The same 2 characters have been farming the spawn outside Mos Espa (thieves for junk loot) constantly for the past couple of days running the same macros even though the dump script is active there
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomo View Post
    Yup, ran into the same problem on ALL 6 CHANNELS. Not just 1 guy per, sometimes 2-3 of them. I keep logging back on to check every day, and all 6 are occupied...
    Welcome to the discussion guys. Here is a little tidbit of the "clarifying rules"...

Quote Originally Posted by RoarAsh View Post

Allowed

Farming NPCs that are the sole NPC to drop an item while ATK
    Because the devs added a rolling macro dump to certain areas, that macro dump defines who is and who is not AFK. By fundamental definition, as long as someone is not running a third party program, they can run macros to their heart's content. As long as they return to the keys with enough frequency to reset their macros when the server dumps them, they are by the standards set by the hosts of this server, at the keys.

This same activity occurs weekly in the Krayt Graveyard. A group of 5 or so players running AFK all-night-long despite the rolling macro dump that was supposed to make everything kittens and sunshine.

About the only place that it's not feasible to run afk without a third party program is at the blackscales where the rolling dump is every 15 minutes. It's so fast that in order to consistently reset it one would have to be mostly at the keys anyway. You can expect however, that they will never set any ground macro dump to be so short as it will infuriate so many players that they will not be able to control the mess it creates. There just aren't enough pilots around for them to care about ticking us off though so we get the worst of it.

Additionally, people are grinding in those areas because they were forced out of other areas. I keep trying to tell people that all these macro dumps do is serve to push the dirt around to other rooms of the house. Kitchen might be cleaner but the dirt is still piled up in the next room.

Isn't it fun dealing with fixes that don't fix anything and rules that don't make sense?

Sorry you guys are dealing with this....I wouldn't count on any changes to the system any time soon. If you can catch me on let me know and Ill set up a group for you and kill steal from them until you get what you need.
    Last edited by Niko; 11-22-2018 at 03:07 AM.
    -5161 -3954 Lok
    Niko's Space and Resource Emporium
    Just south of Hamunaptra

7. #27 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Community Contributor

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    Not just the past couple of days either. They've been there for at LEAST 2 weeks straight. Whenever I need to go farm a bit, I just bring my commando, stand right on top of one of them and just blast the ground beneath me until I'm done.

8. #28 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what the

9. #29 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    Player
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only way you'd come close to reducing afk farming would be to scrap the current junk and stated loot re system for fully crafted SEAs, yeah yeah yeah "then it wouldn't take any effort" it takes none NOW, ppl just afk farm them which acounts for least half the afk farming ingame, and don't start on "what about rare junk for heal action cost and such?" replace those with 1 time use schemy, suddenly atleast for junk/stated loot no more afker, and same differance for rare mod bits

keep inmind i know this will never happen, just thought i would say what most already know
    Last edited by Duncan; 11-28-2018 at 01:46 PM.

10. #30 Re: AFK Rule Update 
    New Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm new to Legends and like you said the same characters for days. This spot can be very helpful for low level player just starting out. I used this spot to make some credits for my CL 20 broke Jedi and popped to CL26 to get my training lightsaber. It's not just about getting a quest done you can use this spot to level up a bit.