User Tag List

Thread: Fifth Galactic Senate Elections - THE RESULTS!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1 Fifth Galactic Senate Elections - THE RESULTS! 
    Senate Liaison & Lead QA

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!

After a week of intense campaigning, the final votes have been cast and tallied and I am now pleased to announce the results of the Fifth Galactic Senate Election!

The total number of votes cast was 638. After voting closed and the votes were scrutinised, 30 votes were found to be illegally cast owing to unauthorised multiple accounts and were duly struck from the candidate's totals (a full breakdown of discarded votes is at the bottom) leaving a grand total of 608 votes across 23 candidates.

The following players received the most votes and are duly elected to the Fifth Galactic Senate:

• Ruthless / Boss - 93 Votes
    • Kroye - 51 Votes
    • Myikul - 44 Votes
    • Hicks - 38 Votes
    • Revtz - 38 Votes
    • Sam2h - 37 Votes
    • BloodCommando - 35 Votes
    • Cerene - 33 Votes
    • Corren - 32 Votes
    • Rockastansky / Max - 31 Votes
    • TheShark - 25 Votes
    • ShredMaster / Kewarra - 24 Votes

The results for the remaining candidates is as follows:

• Spado - 22 Votes
    • Sir-Loin - 17 Votes
    • ADawg - 17 Votes
    • Kintara - 16 Votes
    • Wagnar - 16 Votes
    • CorellianLily - 13 Votes
    • BarCode - 11 Votes
    • Kubre - 10 Votes
    • GageWelch / Goopus - 2 Votes
    • Oakie - 2 Votes
    • Imptrea - 1 Vote

I would like to congratulate all of the candidates for a hard fought campaign and wish the Senators-Elect the very best of luck for the next 6 months as they serve their terms of office as your Senators and Representatives.

I would also like to thank the members of the outgoing Fourth Galactic Senate for all their hardwork and dedicated service to the community, they remain your Senators for another 24 hours until the Fifth Galactic Senate assumes office on the 1st September 2018.

In the spirit of transparency, the below is the number of votes deducted from any candidate who was identified as having received an illegal vote:

1. Ruthless / Bossk - 6 Votes disqualified
    2. Kroye - 1 Vote disqualified
    3. Myikul - 2 Votes disqualified
    4. Hicks - 5 Votes disqualified
    5. Sam2h - 1 Vote disqualified
    6. BloodCommando - 1 Vote disqualified
    7. Cerene - 2 Votes disqualified
    8. Corren - 2 Votes disqualified
    9. Rockastansky / Max - 3 Votes disqualified
    10. TheShark - 1 Vote disqualified
    11. ShredMaster / Kewarra - 1 Vote disqualified
    12. Sir-Loin - 3 Votes disqualified
    13. ADawg - 2 Votes disqualified

2. #2 Re: Fifth Galactic Senate Elections - THE RESULTS! 
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So just like real life Elections, only about 10% of the population voted.

nioce

3. #3 Re: Fifth Galactic Senate Elections - THE RESULTS! 
    Galactic Senator
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEatose View Post
    So just like real life Elections, only about 10% of the population voted.

nioce
    True but it's still a ton more votes than last session.
    Faotai Fleet Systems
    1340 -6065 Space Town, Dantooine

4. #4 Re: Fifth Galactic Senate Elections - THE RESULTS! 
    Project Admin

Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corren View Post
    True but it's still a ton more votes than last session.
    Last Senate Election we had 404 valid votes...

5. #5 Re: Fifth Galactic Senate Elections - THE RESULTS! 
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to all the Winners, it is to bad however that one only ran so they could use this as a stepping stone to get on staff, instead of taking it serious. Id like to see a rule put in place that Staff positions cant come from Senate seats, to prevent this kind of thing from happening in the future. As all those votes would be wasted now and someone else who actually wanted to be in the Senate could of made it.
    Last edited by Jedisoldier; 08-29-2018 at 07:57 PM.

6. #6 Re: Fifth Galactic Senate Elections - THE RESULTS! 
    Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedisoldier View Post
    ...one only ran so they could use this as a stepping stone to get on staff, instead of taking it serious. Id like to see a rule put in place that Staff positions cant come from senate seats, to prevent this kind of thing from happening in the future....
    1. Who do you think was running only to get on staff?

2. If they do decide to write up a rule, perhaps it could be one stipulating that staff cannot come directly from or concurently in the Senate, to prevent a senator's influence from being purely a springboard.

7. #7 Re: Fifth Galactic Senate Elections - THE RESULTS! 
    Project Admin

Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Congrats to all the Winners, it is to bad however that one only ran so they could use this as a stepping stone to get on staff, instead of taking it serious. Id like to see a rule put in place that Staff positions cant come from Senate seats, to prevent this kind of thing from happening in the future. As all those votes would be wasted now and someone else who actually wanted to be in the Senate could of made it.
    No vote is actually wasted, as the next runners (13th place etc) would simply follow through and replace a leaving Senator. So the next best vote gets the seat, and no vote is wasted.

8. #8 Re: Fifth Galactic Senate Elections - THE RESULTS! 
    Former Senator

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations to the winners, especially newly elected ones. You've got a good chance to influence SWG Legends, now the senate is useful. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys get up to. :)
    Lirgo | Argo | Anno | Kasper | Thibb

9. #9 Re: Fifth Galactic Senate Elections - THE RESULTS! 
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your congratulations. However, I'd like to point out that a lot of staff members today were senators at one point or another, but it wasn't their intention of using it as a stepping stone. I had a talk with ruthless during the nomination phase (where he reached out to me) and he wanted to know what it takes to be a good senator. He is going to take this seriously as far as I can tell.

His performance as a senator may impact how his application to staff is handled, so I have faith he will be a contributing member of the senate.

10. #10 Re: Fifth Galactic Senate Elections - THE RESULTS! 
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-2H View Post
    Thank you for your congratulations. However, I'd like to point out that a lot of staff members today were senators at one point or another, but it wasn't their intention of using it as a stepping stone. I had a talk with ruthless during the nomination phase (where he reached out to me) and he wanted to know what it takes to be a good senator. He is going to take this seriously as far as I can tell.

His performance as a senator may impact how his application to staff is handled, so I have faith he will be a contributing member of the senate.
    One would hope that anyone asking for a vote would do so in the hope of taking the seat seriously, but in a message I received, it was said " I am really trying to make the event staff!" Yes others have come from the Senate or have been in the Senate in the past, but was it their intent to get in the Senate just to then move on to Staff shortly after?. I would hope that this isn't the case even now. And that we can count on all members to server our community to the best of their abilities. I know when I cast my vote I did it with the understanding that my choice was in it for the long haul as I imagine others did as well. Can't think that anyone voted with the thought and hopes that someone would only be there for a few weeks lol