Thread: Launcher Usage Update

1. #1 Launcher Usage Update 
    Project Admin

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Dear Legends,

It has come to our attention that some players are circumventing the patching service on the launcher by playing with the current version number. This will leave both your game, ILM and Launcher out of date and most importantly missing critical launcher updates to fix issues that you might actually be having.

Please DO NOT instruct players to do so, if you have issues with the launcher please put in a ticket and we will do our best to try and help you get things up and running. 9 times out of 10 we can easily get you up and running as it seems to be install issues mostly. (Not being put into the correct folders etc..).

For the users that have circumvented the system. In the coming days we will be implementing ways of catching your launcher and reverting you back to our download page with no chance of diverting this until done correctly. Using the most updated version of the launcher is critical to ensure you have a smoother experience of the game and reduces the chance of any critical issues you may experience.

May the force be with you,

SWG:Legends Staff
    Last edited by RoarAsh; 08-09-2018 at 11:09 AM.

2. #2 Re: Launcher Usage Update 
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine has always said its unable to find swgclient_r.exe

3. #3 Re: Launcher Usage Update 
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    code 17

4. #4 Re: Launcher Usage Update 
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine said not safe to continue. While yes I could tell it to continue, I have made it a practice not to this since if there is a virus or something then I am looking at a problem and I seriously doubt anyone that works on this and does a new launcher is going to pay for my computer being infected with a virus.

I also do not use ILM.

And the launcher I use (the old one) still seems to the do the updates as well.
    Last edited by Theresa; 08-13-2018 at 01:24 PM.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing

5. #5 Re: Launcher Usage Update 
    Community Veteran

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't even started using the Legends Launcher...the original one so far works fine for me - not crashing more than anyone else, and i don't use ILM...so - if it works, don't mess with it, sort of. Maybe i'm just a real-Life Meatlump hmm, not getting into technical stuffs unless forced to. So i wonder when i'll be forced to?
    [Dawn] 2.0 of Legends, formerly Sentinels of New Dawn, Europe-Chimaera

6. #6 Re: Launcher Usage Update 
    Player
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with the Launcher not finding SWGClient_r.exe is an old problem that could have been fixed from what I can tell. I had the problem and fixed it by making a copy of SWGClientSetup_r.exe and renaming it.

As I recall, SWGCient_r.exe is not present when the game is first installed, but is created the first time you run the game. Since it is impossible to run the original game directly any more, the Launcher should be modified to not trip over this.

-= Iagime =-
    Old used beta tester and native of Chilastra

7. #7 Re: Launcher Usage Update 
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MakJulos View Post
    I haven't even started using the Legends Launcher...the original one so far works fine for me - not crashing more than anyone else, and i don't use ILM...so - if it works, don't mess with it, sort of. Maybe i'm just a real-Life Meatlump hmm, not getting into technical stuffs unless forced to. So i wonder when i'll be forced to?
    i agree, i dont much like changing to something im already encountering issues with before i even use it, especially when the old one works for me

8. #8 Re: Launcher Usage Update 
    Community Contributor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion we must use the new launcher. There could be security reasons behind it. I had problem with antivirus software in the past, I was using Avira, but when I switched to Kaspersky I didn't have any more problems. Sure, Kaspersky isn't free, but it is much better than Avira, if you are concerned by virus and security in general.