Thread: August Update 2018 - Bug Bash

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
  1. #71 Re: August Update 2018 - Bug Bash 
    Community Contributor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What TCG items did we miss? I hope not the Barn...

2. #72 Re: August Update 2018 - Bug Bash 
    Community Contributor

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what i understand the Emperor Palpatine Chair and Desk but i could be wrong.

3. #73 Re: August Update 2018 - Bug Bash 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife picked the notification up from the main log in page so devs did notify that day earlier per the log-in page. They re-set the server at 2:00 am (next morning) CT, per that notification and the event was on. I happen to play late so I got in. Got the max on a couple of toons and didn't worry about the others. I was more worried about getting the New Solah (bria) area cleared and not so much about the rewards altho the deco rewards are nice.

I use vent so we didn't hear about this from discord.

4. #74 Re: August Update 2018 - Bug Bash 
    Community Veteran

somewhere around Restuss... face to the ground!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracokyaku View Post
    I was waiting for this classic to be thrown out.. Over the last 16 years I've heard absolutely tonnes of excuses why people need to exploit in SWG and this one still makes me laugh the hardest.
    PvE (including Heroics) have always been laughably easy, the PvP reward buffs are not required.
    +1 .... absolutely!
    RED is DEAD! ... at least, it should be!

"PickUp-DropOff by -AtAl-" /way 233 -4871 , city of Cauth Bodva (shuttle), Rori

5. #75 Re: August Update 2018 - Bug Bash 
    Senior Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    My wife picked the notification up from the main log in page so devs did notify that day earlier per the log-in page. They re-set the server at 2:00 am (next morning) CT, per that notification and the event was on. I happen to play late so I got in. Got the max on a couple of toons and didn't worry about the others. I was more worried about getting the New Solah (bria) area cleared and not so much about the rewards altho the deco rewards are nice.

I use vent so we didn't hear about this from discord.
    Was the message different? A message about it on the update log-in page had been there since it was supposed to be activated when this update was put up initially , even though it wasn't because it was stopped to fix some problems. I didn't see a message was different from the one that was put when it should have initially been working.
    t
    Checking the launcher update notes, it still shows the same text about the initial update on the 3rd, when the event wasn't working properly.

6. #76 Re: August Update 2018 - Bug Bash 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVoidDragon View Post
    Was the message different? A message about it on the update log-in page had been there since it was supposed to be activated when this update was put up initially , even though it wasn't because it was stopped to fix some problems. I didn't see a message was different from the one that was put when it should have initially been working.
    t
    Checking the launcher update notes, it still shows the same text about the initial update on the 3rd, when the event wasn't working properly.

It must have been. I didn't see it but the wife did and told me about it. She didn't stay up that late but logged in the next morning and I believe she got max on a couple of toons then. Seemed to be over pretty fast and must not have affected cities. I tried a couple of times to set a city hall and got the planet capped message every time (naboo).

7. #77 Re: August Update 2018 - Bug Bash 
    Senior Player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhe View Post
    What I also find disappointing is that there has been little opportunity for those of us that have lives outside if swg to participate in a server event. Packing up the houses has been done en masse by the few players fortunate to be online when the rush to switch it back on was completed. Personally i feel there should have been a cap imposed on the number of demolitions be it 1 per planet every 24hrs or rewards made no trade. Those few players reap the rewards and get very rich off the rest of us that didnt get a look in.
    What? I was really looking forward to that. Ugh. Stupid work and college.
    I didn't even see the announcement that it was back up.
    Pebby
    (Toons: Peb Ar'row, Pebby, Bina, Sarjora)

8. #78 Re: August Update 2018 - Bug Bash 
    Galactic Senator

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm reliably told that the items available from the pack up event are ALL only the same items that were available from it in live with no additions or subtractions - so no TCG items unless these items were also available in live from both packup or TCG options. The Second issue is that I believe that it is the intention to leave the pack up on permanently so buildings that tick over the limit will then be Auto flagged for demolition for some lucky soul to find rather than having it as big periodic events as on live.

That some got apparently greedy and did/farmed the event on all their toons rather than one like myself and others is well what shall we say, 'a shame' for the rest of the community - TBH I had expected the availability of flagged houses to go on for at least a week.

The communication involved was lacking some pre agreed strategy with lessons to be learned for other similar launch situations so as to be fair to all.

But re the bugs fixes and launched content themselves, well done and ty
    Last edited by Revtz; 08-11-2018 at 01:21 PM.

“The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention.
    It is a thing of ultimate beauty." - Leto II - 'Dune' - Frank Herbert

9. #79 Re: August Update 2018 - Bug Bash 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't agree more! I think they should give away the tokens to all players as a login reward for the 'August Update' since it was completely unfair that only a few greedy ones could take part in the event. Can someone pls bring this up in the senate?

I thought we would get a notification when the event was re-enabled again, so we could prepare properly (new date, etc.). But nope... Great communication management!

Ah well and yes: Shame on all those who thought it would be nice to farm the event with their (wife's) toons...

10. #80 Re: August Update 2018 - Bug Bash 
    Senior Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sables View Post
    I couldn't agree more! I think they should give away the tokens to all players as a login reward for the 'August Update' since it was completely unfair that only a few greedy ones could take part in the event. Can someone pls bring this up in the senate?

I thought we would get a notification when the event was re-enabled again, so we could prepare properly (new date, etc.). But nope... Great communication management!

Ah well and yes: Shame on all those who thought it would be nice to farm the event with their (wife's) toons...
    I agree with this, it was handled very poorly and it looks like it's mostly just a few people who managed to get most of them. There's someone with 20 of the rugs on the Bazaar, someone with 12 rugs and a few other items etc and not only that, there seem to be very few of anything other than the rugs.

I think what makes this even worse though is that, unless I've missed something, there hasn't been an acknowledgement from the team that the way the event was done went a bit wrong or that they've even read these complaints.