Thread: *Friday Feature - Custom Colour House Signs!*

1. #1 *Friday Feature - Custom Colour House Signs!* 
    Project Admin

Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Greetings everyone,

A couple of you sometimes ask me in-game how to make/design a custom house signs using different colour texts and In this week's Friday Feature we are finally taking a closer look!

Understanding How to use copy and paste:

1. Go to options (press O)
    2. Click 'Keymap'
    3. Click 'Chat' at the top
    4. Scroll down until you see 'chat edit copy' and 'chat edit paste'
    5. Click on 'chat edit copy' and then rebind. Decide which key(s) you want to use to be able to copy, I use ctrl+shift+c. Press that (those) keys, and they will appear in the little box. Then click 'OK'
    6. Click on 'chat edit paste' and then rebind. Decide which key(s) you want to use to be able to paste, I use ctrl+shift+v. Press that (those) keys, and they will appear in the little box. Then click 'OK'
    7. Now you should be able to copy and paste.

Notepad:

When you make a house sign in-game (or name for example a backpack) and you want to have several lines in it, you need to use notepad. If you use it in-game write /notepad, then it'll open for you. You can also use the one you have on your computer and then paste it all into the games notepad (some signs can't be made in the games notepad). Use the regular commands outside the game (ctrl+c = copy, and ctrl + p = paste) and the commands you've set in-game when you alt back into the game.

Colors and colorcodes:

As you make the house sign you might want different colors on it, a good website for these colors/colorcodes you can find here: clicky
    All these colors are usable in SWG.
    When you make a color on a text you do like this: Type the backslash sign ( \ ) first, then the hash sign ( # ) and after that the six numbers for the color you've chosen. The colorcode command will look like this if I choose the color bright red \#ff0000.
    The colorcode should always be written infront of the part you want a certain color.

A great location to find any Hex colour code is: http://www.color-hex.com/
    (Below an example of some colour codes)

How to style the actual house sign:

1. Open /notepad (In-game) and type what you want (There is a limitation to how many signs you can use, three lines are usually doable). Let's say I want to have the following:

Aurebesh Central Mall
    ------------------
    1 Aurebesh Square

2. Decide the colors you want to use. Alt out and look at the color codes. Lets say I want my sign to be purple, pink and yellow, then I'll type it like this:
    (NOTE: You wont see the actual colorcode when you type it, tho you will see the colors if typed correctly. I hit backslash twice in a row, which makes the backslash-sign show, you should only hit it one time)

\#AA00FFAurebesh Central Mall
    \#ffff00------------------
    \#DB7093103 1 Aurebesh Square

(NOTE: This, above, is not how you will see it in notepad when the colorcodes are typed, it will appear as below)

3. Now you should copy the text you have written in notepad and paste it into the box for naming the house. After you have typed the last line of your sign on notepad, with colorcodes and all, hit enter so you end up on the line/row below:

Aurebesh Central Mall
    ------------------
    1 Aurebesh Square
    | <-- you should have the marker down here in notepad.

4. Now target the whole text, and be careful it is a tad tricky to get it all. Start to target from the line/row below the text. When you have targeted it all, hit the keys you have set for copy.
    5. Open the house manual and go to 'Set name'. Delete what's there, and then just press the keys for paste. Click 'ok'.
    6. Go outside and check that the sign looks the way you made it. If some letters/signs are missing at the end, you have used too many signs. Just redo it!

Hope you enjoyed reading this neat little tip!
    May the force be with you,

SWG Legends Staff.
    Last edited by RoarAsh; 07-27-2018 at 11:57 AM.

2. #2 Re: *Friday Feature - Custom Colour House Signs!* 
    Senior Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet thanks! I knew there was a way to do this but couldn't remember how :D

3. #3 Re: *Friday Feature - Custom Colour House Signs!* 
    Community Guide

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing this info!!! I had forgotten how i used to do this! As always Great Job keep goin!!!

4. #4 Re: *Friday Feature - Custom Colour House Signs!* 
    Community Contributor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that's complex, lol.

5. #5 Re: *Friday Feature - Custom Colour House Signs!* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to nit pick but it's "hash" not "pound" for # as pound is

That aside it's a great reminder for house signs and much appreciated.

6. #6 Re: *Friday Feature - Custom Colour House Signs!* 
    Senior Player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Praethor View Post
    Sorry to nit pick but it's "hash" not "pound" for # as pound is

That aside it's a great reminder for house signs and much appreciated.
    In the US that's a Pound sign - like on a phone Pound and Star. from the old touch tone days before all you young wippersnappers and your touch screen doodads.
    - ASM
    RAID