Thread: *Star Wars Galaxies Memories*

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Player

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played SWG since Launch, it was my second MMORPG that time. As a Teenager n big SW fan .. i felt so much at home in this game :) First started on Gorath then changed all to Europe-Farstar ^^

I created several Accounts and joined a Guild with my Friends from the other Game.. The guild was Called "Ordo Malleus" i kept it alive for a long time after ppl started to vanish. Also Our City.. Earthsea.. on Naboo near Theed.. in the end i was the lone owner n citizen of that city with my 12 Accounts i kept it and the game for myself alive :)

I enjoyed every part of SWG Pre CU CU NGE was even my favorie cus it allowed me to rly do n look like the way i wanted n feel even more at home n part of the universe :)

when they let us fly the atmosphere at the end of the game .. that was so amazing :D

Actually i was super happy with what i had achieved for myself in SWG .. i wish i could have it all back here in Omega :D cus i feel i will never be able to get back to all i had back then :(

Still i enjoy SWG once more! in a smaller lower but not less enjoyable scale :D

Andrew - Enriel - Nicola - Cristie - Amily - Rayan - Reyene - Yaren - Yu-Li - Lunars - Andoro - Andurin - Jenni-Li - Noreen - Tahori - Chrys - (Circe) - (Zeline) - (Caress) - (Kayla) - (Nawarra) - Oriacy - Myi'elle ... Not all on the Pic heh only my Mains ^^

screenShot0007.jpg

2. #22 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a few, I distinctly remember running Hoth on my level 76 Trader on Starsider, despite being a trader and not providing anything to the group, it was some of the most fun I had.
    Another time a GM popped into Restuss on TC and spawned a level 300 AT-AT, that was a hell of a fight. I also did a lot of Invasions on my Trader, would often go SF before any of the combat classes did and try to provoke the Rebels, only to get destroyed by the one Rebel that did go SF.
    I also had an experience I will probably never forget here on Omega. I was waiting for my friend outside DWB to do a Jetpack Crafting run, and while I was waiting, a level 82 Commando with a flame thrower and wearing Katarn asked what I was doing, and then asked where he was, after I told him he said thanks and ran off into the forests of Endor, and I mean ran, he did not summon a speeder. I can only imagine he was exploring SWG on foot. Godspeed you glorious bastard.
    -'Ice'- on Bria
    Joemelly/Bobmelly on TC and Starsider
    Everything is a cucumber if you're brave enough.

3. #23 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Player

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first time I launched into space after finally receiving my long awaited Jump To Lightspeed Beta Disc in the mail. Still have it to this day tucked away neatly inside my SWG Collector's box. Also, the very first Corvette I took down (with help), finding the Emperor's Retreat on Naboo before POI's, first Jedi encountered before NGE, and then taking my first steps down the Jedi (actually Sith) Path.
    Last edited by Paxon; 05-27-2018 at 07:42 PM.

4. #24 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whooping every ass

5. #25 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Senior Player
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings from the Krego Klan, of Dlek, Jhomak, and MaKria of the Chilastra Server!

The one memory I am most fond of is also among my most embarrassing "noob" moments, in that the "moment" actually lasted a few hours.

It began on Rori back in early '04, right after I had joined my first guild, LP (Lupus Profundum), in the town Lexu-Jani. As I had just begun playing earlier the day before, I was still very fresh, and "wet behind the ears" as many would say. Our guild was really big on doing group hunts to help folks gain experience, and I tried joining my first time. We all gathered at the mission terminal, grabbed our missions in the same general direction, and headed out to rid the region of those pesky Ravenous Tortons. Everyone popped out speeders and zoom! they were gone, and there I was running on foot trying to keep up. One of the guildies stopped and asked why I was not on a speeder, and of course I informed him that I did not have one yet. So he gave me a spare speederbike deed he had.

And like that, I was the king of all Rori as I zoomed along on my flashy new speeder, about to undertake my very first mission! And naturally, I run right in guns-a-blazing, thinking I was the next Han Solo... but the Torties showed me real quick the truth between legend and reality as they played whack-a-mole on my noob butt with a quickness. Needlessly to say, I died quick. Was actually my frist time getting corpsed. And so I cloned, and it put me down at the Rebel Outpost. And here is the LOOOONG "noob" moment.... I was not aware that speeders were stored in our datapads, I thought my speeder was still out where I left it when we stopped at that first mission point. And so I start out on foot heading back to where I died. I took me over an hour to finally find the general area where the speederbike was left out, and by this time all other guildies had gone to bed for the night. I spent the next two hours scouringing the Rori countryside searching desparately for that lost speeder which I never found. It was not until I saw the guildmate who gave it to me the next day to apologize for losing the speeder he had entrusted me with. Imagine the joy and embarassment I felt when he said "control D, dude..."

6. #26 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Senior Player
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murrdohk View Post
    I heard about this awesome new game coming out called Star Wars Galaxies from a buddy after getting back from Qatar right Operation Iraqi Freedom.

First off, Thank you for your Service, Good Sir!!

I left the service back in'97, but the wife stayed in until '05, and she served a tour in both OIF and in OEF. During her first tour is when I became hooked on SWG, because at the time of her deployment, we were stationed in Germany. And as the only male military spouse in the unit, many of the women of our FRG (Family Readiness Group) expressed concerns of how I made some of them feel "uncomfortable" at any of their meetings/gatherings while our spouses were deployed. And being in a foreign country, I had no family nearby, so SWG became my support line for that year.

7. #27 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many crazy nights made the best memories. City battles to insane kite fights across half a planet to when they made crafters 90s and we did the crafter pvp battles for a sf base. Meeting amazing people over the years. Making my mandalorian armor. JTL from starting in a little scyk and ending up in a vigo when they were added. I think I am still in a video on youtube during a base bust.

The original ad tag line "The greatest Star Wars story ever told, yours" and I played by that concept.
    When I was first learning pilot I met some other pilots in Mos Eisley. We started flying together and each of us made our Master Pilot titles. Then we started teaching others and eventually made a guild and a town on Dant outside the pirate outpost. By the end our little town was a level 5 and our little guild was known across the server.

Skalex
    BSS (Black Sheep Squadron)
    Shadowfire Server

8. #28 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Community Contributor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow... I've got too many to tell. But here's a few...

When I first started in December of '03 I had no idea what I was doing. I was 13 at the time, and honestly I was just happy to be playing in the star wars universe. My first online friend Tielk I think his name was and I had heard about looting Holocrons. One day he sent me a /tell saying he found a giant creature that's gotta drop one. I remember the feeling of mystery and awe as he walked me through the swamps of naboo. We lie prone at the edge of a hill overlooking a foggy marsh. And through the mist a low rumble echos through my speakers and a four legged creature easily two stories tall ambles by. A Fambaa. To this day I can't think of a moment that matched that...

Later, when Mustifar came out I remember waiting for an HK group with my IRL best friend and my guild. We started a dance group in the Mensix mining facility and the image of my friends fat wookiee gettin' down with it still cracks me up.

Years later on the Eclipse server where I spent most of my time I met someone from the same city as I. They had recently came back to the game and joined the guild I was apart of. We met on Tatooine so I could buy some of their Yt-1300 seating when we got a request for help from a newbie in guild chat. They were just outside of Bestine doing the Legacy and needed backup so we went to go help. After about an hour or so, the newbie asks what time it is. My other guildy replies, "I don't know where you are, but here in (my state) its 8:30. I was surprised, and replied, "No way!? I live in (my state)." They replied, "Oh yeah? I live in (my city)." "For real?! Me too! I live at the apartments at the corner of blank and blank". "The (redacted) Apartments? Wow, we just moved my sister out of those a few months ago. I'm finishing my degree at (redacted)." "Wow, small world I just started at (redacted) last semester."... It went on like this for hours. We went on countless adventures, and they taught me alot about JTLS, and about life in general. They became an irreplacable mentor to me. We haven't spoken in about 5 years, but I'm certain they are doing fine out there...
    Last edited by RadicalGene; 05-28-2018 at 02:06 PM.

9. #29 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the happiest memory but it's the one that stands out the most. When I was first getting into the game many years ago I joined a guild of great people who helped me learn the game quicker than I would have solo. My guild leader at the time taught me the most but unfortunately he died in an accident several months after I joined and we didn't find out until awhile later after he suddenly stopped coming online. We were all pretty sad about it and the guild sorta fell apart after that, but I always considered myself lucky having got to know him before that happened. He was an amazing guy and I'd love to have one more conversation with him again. Made good use of the weapons he made for me until the day the servers went down.

10. #30 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started on Ahazi in like 05 or 06, not long after the NGE.

My first memory was watching my first jedi vs bh fight when I was like level 12, that moment made me want to do everything I could to be one of the most hated bounty hunters on the server....later that night I went outside of mos eisley to grind and got lost, I ran around for like 4 days, the entire time I was only making big circles just on the other side of the mountains around the city.

I remember when dropping a krayt dragon after everybody in my guild kept talking about how huge and tough they were, I was lvl 38 when I killed my first one, it took me about an hour and a half to kite it to death, it was not at all worth it, but I felt pretty awesome when it went down.

I remember all of my first themepark runs, Jabba's palace, the clone armor series, kashyyyk, doing obi wan's trials on mustafar.

Always loved doing sketchy armor runs in the dwb, most of my fun was had just farming and running my shops.

I honestly had mixed feelings about the combat enhancements though, it became a bit tedious with all of the attachments and felt almost a bit more like buffwars. But I didn't really enjoy pre-cu very much.