Thread: *Star Wars Galaxies Memories*

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Community Contributor
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While certainly not the nicest memory, it is one I remember fondly from live.

I played on Bria, and was in the guild Vital. One day our guild leader (Jue) had heard about an in game roleplayers wedding occuring on tatooine. We thought it would be hilarious to interrupt it, so we did. We got every online guild member (there was at least 50 of us) geared up as tusken raiders. Robes, helmets, rifles, gaderffii sticks, and proceeded to March onto and disrupting this wedding. Running around, shouting nonsense, doing /sing lol's on the bride and groom. It was funny, and needless to say, laughter ensued in ventrilo. The laughter stopped though when we were informed every member of the guild who participated would be suspended for 3 days for inappropriate behavior. Oh well xD was still funny, and those two RPers were pissed!

I'll add another here from legends, not our finest moment, but one day RAGE was running heroics, and we were on ISD. My boy Hicks, being the carebear he is was so excited to be running heroics, that he lost all interest immediately. Through discord all you can hear is the star trek TOS theme song. Theremin music blasting, he proceeds to pull all of the black sun boarders into us at the same time like Leeroy Jenkins v2.0. It didn't end well, but it was funny.

Six years later, i married him.

Definitely made some friends through SWG that I don't think I'll soon forget.
    Last edited by Aekif; 05-28-2018 at 12:58 PM.

2. #12 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a couple awesome memories. I started playing on Lowca server as Saboa Darklight, and had an amazing time with the guild AetFi there. I was young, heck I was about 16 at the time or so, and those guys really took me under their wing. When Lowca went down I moved over to Starsider, changed characters to Janse, and had an amazing time with the guild TAG. Had a few other guilds but unfortunately the years have taken the memories of their names. But, the biggest, best, and most lasting memories have come from the guild Resolution. We had such a great time. To this day I even have members as friends on my facebook page, and we keep in touch through the years. My happiest memories revolve around the space squadron RP and the cantina RP, along with the heroics and storming Restuss. By the Force, those were great times.

3. #13 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Senior Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't pick one out of many that I've had. But some of my favorites had to be my space PvP experiences. Especially when I got a fully loaded POB ship into the fray. On one particular instance there were two of us, and while the other one didn't last long in the fight, I stuck through dominating Deep Space that day. I even got so bold as to get into a turnfight with someone flying a high mass Scyk. I can't remember his name, but I do recall frequently hunting him down as he would fly around overt. The fights started out one-sided, but eventually, he got better, fitted out his ships with better gear, and we had some great fights.

One of my other favorite moments was bringing in a regular TIE Interceptor to PvP. To make it work I decided to forego using shields thus making it a canon fighter. Using speed and agility, the ship proved lethal in battle... against heavy X-wings that is. A-wings were a bit tricky. I also feel bad for one engagement where I charged in against a YT and blew him out of the stars. Overall I've had ups and downs, but there's satisfaction and trying a new build and watching it succeed.

4. #14 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started when it first released i was on tattooine on shadowfire server. I was a brawler getting killed by level 5 tatooinian mynocks it got super annoying. So I took time off came back in 05 right around the time JTL released because I was all about space combat. I chose to be a rebel at first a few months later a friend of mine introduced me to some cool imperials they proudly wore a tag called VAA they were imperial. I didn't mind trying something new joined VAA then NGE hit i chose to be a jedi cause who didn't because the original grind was such a pain. became a pilot in their ranks. Eventually became a pretty sweet shipwright under the character called novablaze. to this day I still have great friends from VAA when live shut down. we stayed in contact anyway we could be it myspace then facebook in september of last year heard about the legends EMU cause i tried a few others but none had the space stuff I wanted. Eventually got almost all my old SWG friends back we reestablished our city on talus. It feels good to be home. I missed this place and am glad I can come back to it now. and I am thankful for the friends I discovered all those years ago.

5. #15 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Community Contributor shadingnight's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was about 10 years old when I saw a commercial on TV about a Star Wars game, I believe it was the ad for Rage of the Wookies or an old ad to promote the game, can't quite remember. I begged my parents to get me the game and mind you at the time, having a 10 year old on the internet was still a big no no for the time, not to mention the fact that I used to be extremely socially awkward when I was younger and the idea of me spending the day inside didn't really appeal to them. Regardless, they caved and got me the game. I installed it, booted it up, created a Trandoshan Jedi named Slisho and chose Chilastra. Spent the next few days just face deep in the game, get invited to a guild called IMP, didn't even know what a guild was at the time. Joined, some dude named Qoz was on there along with a couple others. I was still awkward as all hell, even over the internet, but Qoz invited me to hang around with him while he taught me about the game, at the time I didn't notice it but I was really really annoying to him but I stuck to him like glue as we talked more and more. Welp, 13 years later that Qoz guy has become one of the closest friend and brother I've ever known, where I regularly fly out to visit him.

TL;DR This game helped me get rid of my social anxiety and introduced me a friend that I couldn't ever replace, I can't say that about any other MMO.
    Jedi: Emaut/Octho Meugaegea
    Smuggler: Yps Nam
    Officer: Tamo

Message me in game or on discord if you want to level or hang around in general.
    Or don't, I am not your mom.
    Discord: Paul#1190

6. #16 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Community Veteran

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without SWG I would have never made Ask Watto.

7. #17 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, life on Galaxies started on Lowca; way back in 2003. I found a world that held my imagination ever since the release of A New Hope. Everything was there, Storm Troopers, droids, even Jabba the Hutt. I immersed my self in this world I come to love so much. And like a child I was lost in its vastness, its complexity and even felt like a street urchin looking for any scrap of credits. Soon the game became life, and as with all things there are good times and there are bad times. Events caused my exodus from Lowca and led me to be a refugee on Bria. And again I found myself starting over.

On Bria I found myself alone, but not for long. I don't exactly remember where I met him, but a Jedi named Swalmy helped me out with a couple of missions. Later I became a member of M.O.B. (Mean Old Bastards). It was the greatest guild I had the pleasure to be a part of, and met some of the best people in the game. We were a family. Johnny and I frequented the Cantinas, and suffered a lot of ribbing from our guildmates. But we had a blast and met more interesting people on our trips. One day in Theed I had a quiet conversation with a very shy Zabrak named Illusion. She told me how she too was a refugee from Corbantis and was scouting other servers to find a new home. As this was in the days of the server consolidation.

We had talked more and more until I had to leave Galaxies for a time to take care of RL. But we stayed in contact through emails. Finally I was able to return and just as I logged in I got a message. It was from her. It was a whirlwind and Galaxies became more real for me in the coming months.

We witnessed the end of Galaxies together and it was a sad day for us. But we were together. Life would continue and grow for us, but we still missed the days of crafting and resource hunting and adventures together. Then I found Reborn; through it all we have been with Legends for a long time. Off and on, through all of the turmoil and good times. We found each other in SWG, Legends has allowed us to continue our character's story; and we look forward to many more years to come with our fellow refugees from Star Wars Galaxies.

We all have found a home now.. A home to create Legends.

Rikochet and Iodie.

8. #18 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Community Veteran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the game, created a character on Eclipse and started messing around. I had no idea what to do and eventually ran into someone else who was looking to group. We did a bunch of missions for about a week and started learning the game more.

I then got an email from my best friend in the world who had recently been deployed to Afghanistan. He told me he had started playing the game too and wanted me to meet up with him, and he wanted to introduce me to another friend he met in the game. He told me he was playing on Eclipse. He gave me his character name and it turns out he was the guy I was questing with the whole time. My best friend and I had been playing the game together for a week and had no idea.

We still laugh about that when we play on Legends. True story!
    501st Legion member DZ-12290

9. #19 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Senior Player

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I first started playing 6 months after the NGE was released. Really, I have two favorite memories. His name escapes me now, but a former Jedi player took me on a tour of the two Jedi enclaves on Yavin, then sat and spent a good while telling me about pre-NGE Jedi.
    My other favorite was taking advantage of Nitro-'s obsession with PvP kills. Two of us went SF on Tatooine, knowing he frequently checked the GCW intel pad. Before it was over, we were leading an 8-player RPD group on a merry chase across 5 different planets, finally flagging down at the Corellia Rebel base. All they could do was kill the Rebel NPCs, then stand around talking trash after.

10. #20 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fondest memory was with a few a good friends, one of which went by the name of Axap Ava. Around Christmas time we gathered a list of people and they put us on admin in their house and we'd go and drop off items to the local serverfolk. We also had a pretty awesome city on Lok and had clan wars a lot with the other clans on the server. Those were probably my best years on SWG, extremely fun times were had.