Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
  1. #101 Re: *Star Wars Galaxies Memories* 
    Community Veteran
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in the Day(tm), I was part of a group of keener Rebs ripping down Imperial bases across Starsider. I was geared for PvP, and as a medic my skills (and willingness to die rezzing a team-mate) put me in high demand, so many of my nights and weekend afternoons were spent following around TJA, Cats, or GD base-busters. I wasn't there for the faction, or the PvP e-peen, just for the fun of hanging out with these guys and playing a "real" Rebel. Aerys Veridian was a Master Doctor, Master Carbineer, Hard-Core Rebel Bitch and Doctor Feelgood for more than a few busters, and we had fun.

So there was a series of "battle-stars" on Naboo, bases set into six pointed stars and all set to be vulnerable about the same time. We were about 20 minutes from vuln and I was running with the clearing team: harder-hitting combatants whose task it is to clear the base of the defending spawns. So we manage to pull out some of the gigantor troopers who were spawning in the base, when a nest of Nunas spawn nearby. Nunas are these incredibly chubby, cute and totally combat-pointless flightless fowl (apparently good eating, especially around Thanksgiving...) The conned grey to us, so we ignored them.

Now, the combat mechanics of this make sense to me now, knowing so much more about the combat AI than I did then. What happened was the troopers in firing back at as, managed to aggro not a couple, but the WHOLE LAIR of Nunas. As this 2m tall Stormie is running up to us, we see his health being ripped down, as he is mobbed by lil fat waddling birdies. Funniest damned thing. But of course, they are dying in masses as the trooper's weapon is way more powerful than their lil birdie beaks, and feather make for shite armour. The team has decided these ferocious Nunas must be an enclave of secret animal Jedi, so effective are their melee skills.

They did take him down though, as me and my team were almost literally rolling on the floor we were laughing so hard. So there's this buckethead's body lying there, surrounded by a veritable mountain of sad birdie corpses, and almost as a reflex, I run into their midst and tap my rezz button.

Nothing happens. I sniff sadly on Ventrilo, and one of the team asks what was the matter. "I tried to rezz them," I said, to be greeted with gales more laughter, redoubled when the leader of the group announced that the Nunas must be Special Forces, which would account for my being unable to rezz, since I was still just combatant.

I have a fondness for Nunas ever since, since I know that no matter what the standing of the planet's faction or control is, they are breeding secret armies of Special Forces Jedi to help us win, in the end

2. #102 Re: *Star Wars Galaxies Memories* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kiting Fambaa's through downtown Moenie.

It was about the second or third day of the original Beta when I got the wild hair to have some fun. I was a Bothan named Snik working on Merksman. None of us had reached any of the Elite professions yet. I had noticed that there was a permanent Fambaa nest about 50 meters behind the clone center in Moenie. So, I shot the nest with my pistol and took off running with 3 Fambaa's in chase. I kited them through downtown Moneie yelling out "Fambaa Party!". People started grouping up and it took us a good 5 or 10 minutes to take out those three Fambaa with our pew pew 20 dps weapons. This immediately became a popular endeavor, and for the next weekj or so there was a permanent Fambaa party group of 20 plus players (there was no group size limit at the time). It was great because the clone center was right there, and you could rejoin the fight with no waiting. It was great for testing out new skills, and techniques (kiting is an art form)

A couple weeks later, in the first big patch, they made a change to a 1000 meter no-spawn zone around all the cities. Only the small baby nests would spawn closer than 1000 meters. That was the end of the Fambaa Parties. Many of us were saddened by the change, but we understood, and moved on. It was glorious while it lasted. The ground rumbling and shaking as the Fambaa chased me down the main street of Moene. Bolts flashing from all directions, Brawlers trying to take the agro and getting whapped. Logging in and hearing someone yelling "Fambaa Party!"..

So, I guess you can blame me for the 1000 meter no spawn zone..sorry about that, and I am sorry you missed it...Up until recently I had a screen cap of one of our parties. It showed 3 Fambaa stuck on the gate beside the shuttleport, and a 20 person grounp (about half dozen dead). pew pewing away..

Snik-Bria server

3. #103 Re: *Star Wars Galaxies Memories* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After my country managed to get rid of the communist regime, the market flooded with western movies, games, clothes and that is when my dad discovered Star Wars, he loved it so much that he started showing me all the movies in the timeline order and explain to me with so much passion about everything that was happening, when SWG came out in 2003, my dad was so hyped that in the christmas of 2003, he bought 2 PC, one for him, and one for me, placed them next to each other. I used to be his little apprentice in a Empire guild he made just for us and some of his co-workers. I wasn't very interested in the game, mainly because I was unable to understand much of it, not only because I barely knew 2-3 words in english but also because everything seemed so overwhelming. I eventually quit and told him to not make anymore subcriptions for my account and I was rarely playing on his account with a character I made. Christmas of 2005, my dad passed away, I was broken inside-out and I was scared to touch that computer again, let alone the game. In 2008 or 2009, I remembered my dad's account and decided to login just to look through his stuff, just to reminiscence. One of the moments I will never forget, was after I logged on and someone sent me a message and had to explain to that person that I'm actually the son of the account owner and that he died a while ago. That person eventually became my in-game best friend and taught me a lot about SWG, somehow, I started loving the game and after a long time of drug abuse, I stopped just to purchase the monthly subscription and keep myself occupied from bad habbits. I felt a sense of pride, keeping my dad's spirit alive through his character.
    I cried when the game shut down, more than on my dad's funeral, but I felt a relief that this happend, I finally got over my dad's death.
    A few years later, when I randomly discovered Star Wars Galaxies Legends, I decided to join in, with my dad's character name.

The hole existance of Star Wars Galaxies is my special memory, it saved me from destroying myself and probably certain death. The game as a whole has a special place in my heart next to my pop's that would've probably be proud of this strong community.

Sorry for random bad spellings.
    Last edited by LukasBroskie; 10-09-2019 at 07:35 AM.

4. #104 Re: *Star Wars Galaxies Memories* 
    Senior Player

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Favorite memory from SWG? I have too many to limit it to one.
    SUNRUNNER was my server, at my largest investment point I was controlling 5 accounts on three computers. My characters names have not really changed Takiwa, Yuyuki, Takiwan, Yuyukin were my main characters.

OK I read through the entire post here and man did it bring back some things.

I remember trying to talk to my buddy in the chat box, and I couldn't understand half the stuff on the screen. It was in a different language and I was typing in Zabrak. You had to learn languages from other people, the players from the beginning will remember that, and you had to get points from training other people to advance in certain skills. People were literally encouraged to help and train new players to the game, and the game mechanic rewarded you for it.

I remember my dewback (mount) getting killed and it was really sad, I had raised that thing from a baby. (I coincidentally never had another pet mount until I got the lizard thing!)

I remember the day mounts went live and EVERYONE was trying to find something mountable, it was hilarious.
    Someone mentioned the Bestine and Anchorhead battles and yes I remember those fondly on Sunrunner.

I remember the first time I got caught in a random event/attack and my best Friend slapped the emperors guard, standing outside the shuttle that had just released Darth Vader onto Coronet, and got insta killed, we were imperial at the time which made it better.

I remember the first time I popped into Coronet, and my screen froze for like 5 minutes because of the chat bubbles EVERYWHERE!

PRE-CU PVP battle with rebel city, there were at least 100 people in one battle when the feared Imperial Jedi arrived, light saber glowing and just started carving through the Rebellion. As we were coming back from the closest cloning facility there appeared a Light side Jedi, and they squared off right in the center of the raging battle. It was awesome! Fight to perma-death. The Rebellion took the day. (Circa 2004)

PVP in space with my brother, my best friend, and several others from our playing group, at least 30 spaceships up there amidst the Star destroyer. (Circa summer 2005)

Sadly most of my playing group left when the CU and then NGE hit.

Playing in my YT-1300 while my daughter turret gunned for me, She was about 6 at the time, and a SNIPER from the top turret. (circa 2005)

As has been said here before, finding that Legends existed and that I could play again a game that exhibited everything that a star wars game should be. (Circa 2017)

My youngest son asking me to play Legends and sharing with him the enjoyment that I got from SWG! (day before yesterday)
    Now if I can just get my brother back into it!
    Last edited by Takiwa; 10-18-2019 at 10:51 AM. Reason: additions

5. #105 Re: *Star Wars Galaxies Memories* 
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first 100mil at just 10 years old in 2010. After that i was on my way to become the best pvper in the history of pre-cu, where my name would brinh maximum fear rp among servers. EZ#1