Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. #1 *Star Wars Galaxies Memories* 
    Project Admin

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Greetings Legends,

It’s hard to comprehend sometimes that the original version of Star Wars Galaxies was brought into our lives on June 26th 2003 yet here we are almost 16 years later playing in our favorite and much loved Star Wars galaxy, Omega!

How many of you are wondering what this forum thread is about? Don’t worry I’ll get right into it. Do many of you have special memories or long lasting friendships that have forged during your time playing Star Wars Galaxies? Have you met new acquaintances while being part of the SWG Legends community, or kept in contact with friends you adventured the galaxy with on your origin server many years ago? We want you to tell us your favorite Star Wars Galaxies memories or moments past or present within this thread! Be sure to include which server you played on and your character names just in case you bump into any familiar faces within this thread.

Star Wars Galaxies is that captivating iconic universe that brings so many different types of individuals together over one very common interest, Star Wars! Feel free to use screenshots, pictures and anything else you have within this thread. Make your memories as short or as long as you wish. No word count! During January/February 2019 we will share some of your stories across the project and our social media channels with the rest of the community, as we move towards celebrating the 3rd year of SWG:Legends!

Please ensure your posts are following forum guidelines and suitable to be shared with the community. Unsuitable forum posts will be moderated/removed if deemed unsuitable within the context of this thread.

May the force be with you.

SWG Legends Staff.
    Last edited by RoarAsh; 12-15-2018 at 02:09 PM.

2. #2 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Community Guide

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I joined SWG FarStar with Teodora in late 2005 right after the CU.
    It took a while until I was fully geared and understood the complexity of the game mechanics.

One of my most memorable times were the first Christmas holidays after the heroic instances hit the game.
    We all dressed up in Christmas colours and were just having fun, still missing most of that new precious heroic loot, cheering for every cool drop.
    It was too nice getting home from a Christmas dinner, no jobs to do, no obligations, turning on the PC and playing till sunrise at the peak of the NGE SWG.

Also I will never forget the Mustafar explorations with my buddy and mentor Trained. We defeated HK every other day to the amount we ran our own Jedi Master Cloak factory outlet ;) ... we blew up countless times in DF2 before they fixed the radioactives in the Doombringer room ... It was just awesome! May the Force be with you ol' friend!
    He shared and helped so much without ever asking for anything in return. Such people are the key to a great community and this is what makes SWG so special in my opinion.
    SWG Legends proved once again that it is possible to maintain this spirit through good and dedicated people! We got a mix between nostalgia and something entirely new. Thank you all who made this experience possible to us!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Teodora; 06-05-2018 at 03:53 PM.

3. #3 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's so difficult to pick out moments from such a rich collection of experiences that I've had in SWG over the years. I've got a couple of standouts though that always remind me of what made this game so special for me.

I was about four months into playing the game after launch and had been exclusively crafting but I'd picked up two boxes of brawler so I could wield an axe and bash Kreetle or Rills or whatever else was cluttering up my harvester locations on Tatooine. At that point I was using Bestine as a base of operations and while I was heading to the bank I noticed a really large Wookiee with black and white fur called Tewbacco who was calling for "hunters" to come help with taking down a Krayt dragon in the graveyard. Bolstered by the shiny edge on my axe and my glorious two boxes in Brawler I signed up. A few minutes later I was at the neck of the graveyard and caught sight of my first Krayt dragon. I distinctly recall having a Jaws "we're gonna need a bigger boat" moment. There were at least 15 players in the area stalking the beast. I sent tells to everyone I knew online and within the next few minutes the numbers were up to the mid thirties. An LLC blast tore across the sands and struck the beast, all hell broke loose, there were massive amounts of attacks firing off and the beast would charge one attacker and after a few seconds turn and charge another. I had a great view of it all....from behind the corner of the building I was peeking out from.

I waited for my opportunity to unleash my amazing crafter combat skills on the beast until I figured the beast wasn't watching and then I broke cover and tried to close the distance as fast as I could. Shiny axe in hand, gigantic beast looming, I picked my spot on one of the hind legs....I was doing it, my little crafter that could was about to cleave a hole in the most fearsome creature I had ever witnessed in game......and then...nothing. I hacked at that leg repeatedly and yet nothing. I can only imagine all those combat experts around me seeing my little mouse of a toon trying to hump the back leg of an elephant while screaming my battle cries of "take that, beast!" and "this hurts, doesn't it!" and "judge me by my size, do you?" while trying not to laugh too much and mess up their rotations.

It was a glorious battle and after some four or five revives I really felt like I had contributed to our group effort. Afterwards, most of the group camped out right there in the graveyard and tales of our heroic hunt were shared while watching the sun set across that barren landscape. Fun was had, friends were made and fearsome tales of my all out assault on that hind leg became the stuff of legend.

4. #4 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My story is short and sweet. I came into SWG late, near the end of itís life sadly when near noone was playing anymore. Had so much fun running around by myself, met a few great people, but there was always this air of sadness from those who stuck out the NGE, stories of lost friends.. great times and insane heroic runs.

I was on naboo in theed on my 55 jedi, standing around waiting patiently for an entertainer buff when out of the corner of my eye a guy named Farside ran past.. was the first jedi Iíd seen in a month.. I was worn out doing all my quests alone so I jumped at him, literally. He was incredibly helpful and took me through a lot of things I couldnít do myself.

He showed me loads of things I would never have known about myself... really hammered home my love for SWG and my love for Star Wars.

Six years later, I married him.

5. #5 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my most memorable .... episodes was shortly after the implementation of the Battle of Restus.
    The Rebels held it for so long on Bria and the Imperials had a hell of a time getting anything done.
    A friend of mine and I decided out of sheer frustrationto to form Chicken Squad.
    This entailed getting special armor and weapons crafted by some of the finest on the server.
    We paticipated in several arduous quest to obtain the best equipment we could possibly find.

Fast forward to our first attack wave. Dressed in full Black, helmets with no armor like Royal Guards,
    long Black robes with no stats, wooden staves and riding Kartha's cliff-jumpers we launched the first wave.
    The opposition didn't know what hit them .... oh wait yes the did, but due to them laughing so vehemently
    we made it past thier first line of defence, heading towards thier second and finally breaking through to thier
    back row, to be pummeled into fine pieces.
    The more we attacked, the more laughter from both sides, but causing enough chaos that allowed properly
    equipped players to flank the main attraction.
    We kept this up for hours, both of us with tears of laughter rolling down our faces.

"To the memory of Chicken Squad and TK-425 of the 601st Legion"

The best part of SWG, after playing from the start was meeting my wife. We both play Legends now.

6. #6 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First memory I have is from just after launch, was in Moenia and some dude ran up asking about ways to travel because he had just ran there from Theed😂😂

❤️Loocee

7. #7 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Project Admin

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Wall of text incoming!

I've met so many incredible people while playing Star Wars Galaxies. I started playing back in 2004 two weeks before the NGE. The first server I ever played on was Bloodfin and found myself roaming around Mos Eisley and ended up being mesmerised by two Imperial characters called Vetta Vallinar and KMA'wing I shortly joined a guild called QUEST and enjoyed playing the game, I chose the profession of medic although I did respec my character a lot in those days. Respec syndrome! I soon realised that Bloodfin was a USA server and was missing the activity during my prime time so I shortly transferred to Europe-Chimaera.

Once playing on Europe-Chimaera I met some amazing players here's a few to name *Sorry if I've forgotten any* Maceintu, Zalander, Pigu, Oldeh, Annazz, Gomezie, Doomstar, Dossuss, Pigu, Hatier, and many more It's nice knowing that some of them play here within the SWG Legends community. (Especially the DeSun guys) I joined a guild named -SoA- (Spirit of Anchorhead) there was so many characters within that guild and joining onto the Ventrilo server was always an interesting time. One player called Petra Degeran had a very high pitched voice and when PvP'ing used to become very squeaky and that used to give everyone some laughs. Many of those players fortunately I keep in contact with! When I was flying out of Orlando USA I actually met Annazz in person and it was super nice to meet someone I'd spent years talking to online, she cried but her and her husband were SO kind to me when playing the game and I can remember on my 16th Birthday they gave me an Elder Jedi account (Yes, I kept the account until the game went down) a level 10 Elder Jedi called Nauci. It was the ultimate gift considering in those days those accounts could of sold for thousands of dollars! Such kind people.

Fast forward from 2011 to now. Well, a lot of has changed but it hasn't really. SWG Legends is kind of like a HUGE living thing that has exploded and continues to have such amazing success. I remember the first time I ever found out about SWG Legends, I was slightly hesitant and wasn't sure what to make of it but I soon realised that the community here is the same as the live version of the game, an extended family. I like to think that everyone in the SWG community I get along with unless your name is _____ or ____ (Only joking!) When playing here I remember I used to always jump into a voice chat and I ended up talking to Tipho and Akiwhi (They are are RL brothers) we always ended up doing things together in-game like heroics so we decided to found "GG" Galaxy Guides. Shortly after two players which are extremely kind and generous and the type of players everyone wants to know, Bon Scott and Copycat joined the guild. Eques is the most cheekiest player and will happily swear at me in German but I've learnt to stop using google translator to find out what things mean, CU--Cough! Aekif is another one that make me laugh regularly with his "charming" personality and funny Discord PM's.

I think ultimately my best memory of SWG Legends is someone telling me over 2 years ago "SWG Legends won't go anywhere." 2 years later and I think that's been proven wrong (I like proving people wrong!) Sometimes as a staff member people can forget that we do play the game and all of the staff enjoy the game as much as the community, It means so much to be part of a project with other staff members that genuinely love Star Wars as much as me. I don't think any member of staff has ever crashed Omega 5 times and is still part of the project? LOL.

Oh here is my favourite BM pets from live:)

Last edited by RoarAsh; 05-27-2018 at 11:46 AM.

8. #8 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The community that help me through so many quests. Cant forget JtLS and asking people how to unpack a chassis. An Ace that helped me kill the Rebel vette. Many thanks to the Legends staff for allowing me to finish what I started. May the force be with you.

9. #9 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I joined in Aug. 2003. My first fond memory that makes me giggle today just thinking about it. A friend gifted me my first set of armour. I was a Twi-lek and tall and trim. Looked nice. I put on the armour and was in awe of myself. I strutted my stuff all around naboo and continued to strut my stuff on all the planets i went to. I was one sexy doll. I preened and stood tall full of self pride in my appearence. What armour made me feel this good you ask? Bone Armour.

The next fun time was after Restuss was destroyed and became a pvp zone. I was a spy and would sit on top of the theater where i could see all the red dots approaching from almost any direction. I patiently waited and began to plink the red dots when they came into range. Took almost a week for them to find me. I used to laugh my backside off. Told them well done when they finally found me.

there are so many memories but will let this do for now.

10. #10 Re: *15 Years Of Memories* 
    Community Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard about this awesome new game coming out called Star Wars Galaxies from a buddy after getting back from Qatar right Operation Iraqi Freedom. I got into it about a week after it went live and have been playing every since! Some of my fondest memories are those of playing with my brother whom I introduced about a half year later. He ran a toon named Haa'vokk Sha'Kharr and we payed often...was a great way to stay in contact as well since I was stationed overseas. Little did I know at the time that it would only last a few years as he got too caught up in life to play much afterwards. I kept his houses up and running for him hoping that he would eventually be able to come back but we never played together again. He passed away in 2010 and while many people made to last few moments before the game went off-line big, I spent them sitting in his bunker reflecting, sorry to see the last link I had to him disappear forever.

Since then I have played a couple of the EMU's but nothing compares to Omega! I'm really glad it's up and running and now I'm able to play with my wife from time to time.
    Last edited by Murrdohk; 05-27-2018 at 09:12 AM.