0 Thread(s)

Main Character Name: Minka

Forum Handle: Marionette

Discord Handle: Lolo

Player Association: Crew

Where in the RL world do you live? Indianapolis, Indiana

How long did you play the live version of Star wars galaxies? 3-4 Years

What type of work do you do? Fashion Selling & Trading

What does a typical Star Wars Galaxies day consist of for you? Log on, get my buffs, then figure out who’s around and set out to conquer heroics, krayts for hydros, treasure maps, or PvP! I do a lot of roleplay as well, but that doesn’t require buffs. :)

What was the race and profession of your very first character? Twi’lek entertainer

What is the one thing you’ve always wanted to be in Star Wars Galaxies that isn’t or is no longer? A Beastmaster with multiple pets out. I understand the changes, but I can’t help but to imagine how cool it’d be to have dual raptors chasing people around the Bestine invasion.

What other hobbies or activities do you take part in, other than playing Star Wars Galaxies? I play lots of different video games, but other than gaming I’m into fashion and cosmetics. SWG’s vast variety of clothing choices and the entertainer ability to ‘makeover’ people are just a few reasons I love the game!

What race and profession is your main character? Twi’lek, medic/bm

What do you like the most about the profession you have chosen for your main character? I like how versatile medic is with the beastmaster profession. It requires less expertise to make viable and useful to a group, while making you a solo force as well.

What faction is your main character? Rebel

What is your favorite player owned ship? The Nova Courier, mainly for aesthetic reasons of course.

What is your favorite ground vehicle? The Borgax mount… how can you not love such an ugly critter? The Gualaar mount is my favorite as well, if that ever comes back to the game!

How did you choose your main character's name? I tried to think of a very uncommon name that sounded like something a twi’lek would be named. Twi’leks naturally have long names that they partition into Core names, i.e. Aayla Secura’s real name is Aaylas’ecura, so I imagine Minka’s real name has a similar setup.

What is your favorite planet and/or city and why? Moenia, Naboo. It’s just so swampy, but beautiful. It’s also Rebel aligned.

What is your favorite NPC? Oola in Jabba’s Palace

What are the most credits you have ever spent on purchasing a single item for one of your characters? Back on Live I spent about 200 million credits on a chubafly, but here on SWGLegends I cut that price by making one myself.

What do you like best about SWG Legends? SWG Legends feels like a professionally run server and the staff really seems to care about its players. There’s a lot of activity on the server, not to mention a stream of content release that truly makes it feel like you’re playing the Live game again.

Describe your best experience playing Star Wars Galaxies. My best experience would be meeting my husband on Live. We actually knew of each other for a long while but never spoke. I did a lot of PvP and was considered a PvPer by the roleplay community despite my participation in it, which had a rift with the PvP community. Numerous times I killed his avatar in Restuss or at invasions, and he had this idea that I was a big bully for it. Then one day we were introduced by a mutual friend and we started to play the game together. We clicked instantly, and soon after we became very close. Not long after, we met and eventually married one another! SWG is a beautiful memory for both of us because of this.

What is your favorite questline and/or place within Star Wars Galaxies and why? Witches of Dathomir, which was just released on Legends! I love the clothing (do you see a trend here?) that you can get from the reward vendors.

2. #2 Re: *SWG LEGENDS: Player Spotlight: Lolo* 
    Senior Player
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your characyer looks awesome!

3. #3 Re: *SWG LEGENDS: Player Spotlight: Lolo* 
    Community Guide

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to learn a little more about some of these names I keep hearing bandied about but don’t meet in person. Who decides who to spotlight?

4. #4 Re: *SWG LEGENDS: Player Spotlight: Lolo* 
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VadHyde View Post
    Nice to learn a little more about some of these names I keep hearing bandied about but don’t meet in person. Who decides who to spotlight?
    I have been since December. If you've a recommendation let me know!

5. #5 Re: *SWG LEGENDS: Player Spotlight: Lolo* 
    Community Guide

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrackenOne View Post
    I have been since December. If you've a recommendation let me know!
    I’d like to see some more staff ones like the Daneti one. I haven’t been here that long and have not interacted with many staff members so far. It was good to get another perspective on Daneti than what comes up in the PvP Discord channel.

6. #6 Re: *SWG LEGENDS: Player Spotlight: Lolo* 
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VadHyde View Post
    I’d like to see some more staff ones like the Daneti one. I haven’t been here that long and have not interacted with many staff members so far. It was good to get another perspective on Daneti than what comes up in the PvP Discord channel.
    There was this one on Daslo as well. I do one player spotlight a month and one staff a quarter.

For both groups it's purely voluntary, who do you have in mind?

7. #7 Re: *SWG LEGENDS: Player Spotlight: Lolo* 
    Community Guide

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrackenOne View Post
    There was this one on Daslo as well. I do one player spotlight a month and one staff a quarter.

For both groups it's purely voluntary, who do you have in mind?
    That daslo one was a good read too. Idk if it should be voluntary.... :P

8. #8 Re: *SWG LEGENDS: Player Spotlight: Lolo* 
    Community Contributor

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two more players from Indianapolis?! Awesome! I figured I would wind up being the only one.