Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Former Senator

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantris View Post
    Credit farm as in selling junk parts to the chassis dealer. Next solution will ruin things more. Just accept things as they are. Next they will bring back afk blackscales and then you can't sell trash parts to chassis dealer anymore. Who cares about credit chips
    People who AFK the blackscale don't waste time at the chassy dealer.

2. #22 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Community Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrackenOne View Post
    Folks, something had to be done. I'm staunchly pro-afk, however the degree to which its been applied here by us the players is too much. Frankly it's a deterrent at times.

I think the approach will be iterative, so suggestions will be more welcome than complaints!
    To me I think the issue isn’t so much about the actual change and more so of the fact the change was not announced before or even after the change. I have been very vocal that legends staff need to be more up front and transparent with the player base. Every time a change like this is made y’all stay silent until after people notice the change and start freaking out. If you keep doing the same thing expect to see the same outcome. It’s like y’all are a kid touches a hot pot instead of say “oh hey that burned me I should not touch that” y’all keep touching it time and time again. So I’ll say it again be more transparent and upfront with the community and they will respect you more.

3. #23 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Forum Advisor

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekid View Post
    To me I think the issue isn’t so much about the actual change and more so of the fact the change was not announced before or even after the change. I have been very vocal that legends staff need to be more up front and transparent with the player base. Every time a change like this is made y’all stay silent until after people notice the change and start freaking out. If you keep doing the same thing expect to see the same outcome. It’s like y’all are a kid touches a hot pot instead of say “oh hey that burned me I should not touch that” y’all keep touching it time and time again. So I’ll say it again be more transparent and upfront with the community and they will respect you more.
    While being transparant about this before the update would have been good, this is not that bad. The only ones kicking and screaming (just blatantly complain and say the sky is falling, especially the first day) are the ones that abused these spots. I cannot judge about the space one, not enough insight there, but for the ground game, this is a good thing.

Only thing that needs to be AFK'd is junk for RE and that is still very possible, the rest should be done ATK.

What besides junk needs to be AFK'd and why? It is clear that the people that are after the rares through AFKing which is not possible anymore, are not acting maturely to put it mildly. Now everyone can use the POI's, though some people are still AFK at the Labor Camp I noticed today when I needed to take out some NS's for my last Amber.

This project will not be run into the ground by this. Especially not the ground game.
    Vendor at /way tatooine 2548 -4684 Koldur's/Kintor's Vendor;

4. #24 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Community Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koldur View Post
    While being transparant about this before the update would have been good, this is not that bad. The only ones kicking and screaming (just blatantly complain and say the sky is falling, especially the first day) are the ones that abused these spots. I cannot judge about the space one, not enough insight there, but for the ground game, this is a good thing.

Only thing that needs to be AFK'd is junk for RE and that is still very possible, the rest should be done ATK.

What besides junk needs to be AFK'd and why? It is clear that the people that are after the rares through AFKing which is not possible anymore, are not acting maturely to put it mildly. Now everyone can use the POI's, though some people are still AFK at the Labor Camp I noticed today when I needed to take out some NS's for my last Amber.

This project will not be run into the ground by this. Especially not the ground game.
    I never said it was a bad thing and as I have said I think some thing should have been done before this change was made. I still stand firm even if a change is “good” or “bad” that legends needs to be more transparent and I have said this since I joined this server. This is one of the reason I don’t really play on legends because staff and not transparent at all and change crap all the time without a single thing said to the community. They wait until after “the sky is falling post” to say anything official about it. Patch notes were posted on the 3rd with out a single word the game update rolled out the 9th and it took them 3 days after the patch to post an official explanation. That to me is to long for a drastic change that the KNEW people would have issues with. As I stated this is not the first time this has happened and sadly I don’t think this will be the last.

When will they learn?

5. #25 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Forum Advisor

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is very easy to armchair manage projects from the sidelines, but sometimes tough decisions need to be made. In this case, I believe not announcing it was the right decision as nothing good would have come of it. The scenario we have have now, is the majority of the server is too busy playing the game to even notice or care and staff get the primary data/results they need, with little disruption.

I'm sure this was unintentional, but you summed it up perfectly with this statement “the sky is falling post”. The fact that this is singular, post, speaks volumes.

Just an opinion, we all have them and can appreciate each others.

6. #26 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Forum Advisor

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekid View Post
    I never said it was a bad thing and as I have said I think some thing should have been done before this change was made. I still stand firm even if a change is “good” or “bad” that legends needs to be more transparent and I have said this since I joined this server. This is one of the reason I don’t really play on legends because staff and not transparent at all and change crap all the time without a single thing said to the community. They wait until after “the sky is falling post” to say anything official about it. Patch notes were posted on the 3rd with out a single word the game update rolled out the 9th and it took them 3 days after the patch to post an official explanation. That to me is to long for a drastic change that the KNEW people would have issues with. As I stated this is not the first time this has happened and sadly I don’t think this will be the last.

When will they learn?
    I still don't see an issue with this kind of a change, it only affects the people abusing it. If it did make a difference not announcing it, the biggest difference it made was to the people being annoyed by the AFKing since they weren't aware that they got help.

My point being, it wouldn't have made a difference anyway, if they made it public before the patch or not. Maybe they wanted to see who and when people would start to complain. If they would have made this public just before the patch, the responses to it wouldn't have been any different.

Too bad you let yourself to be influenced by this, this is the best version of SWG available and all the changes made in silent, were for the better. Which other silent decisions are you referring to? Maybe I have missed some bad choices.

7. #27 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Community Guide

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to be much more difficult to farm hydros.
    Starbuster Galactic Drop-Off Vendor: Dantooine Mining Outpost: -528 1864

8. #28 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Community Guide

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Legacy quest was being disrupted at the Krayt Graveyard? I never got a straight answer on that.
    Starbuster Galactic Drop-Off Vendor: Dantooine Mining Outpost: -528 1864

9. #29 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Forum Advisor

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I do not really understand that one myself, but it might have something to do with people having their alts AFKing behind them to farm. I do that in the DWB for crafts myself as well, might be the next place they nerf it, but I will survive when they do, will just need more people to come and craft my stuff then.

10. #30 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koldur View Post
    I still don't see an issue with this kind of a change, it only affects the people abusing it. If it did make a difference not announcing it, the biggest difference it made was to the people being annoyed by the AFKing since they weren't aware that they got help.

My point being, it wouldn't have made a difference anyway, if they made it public before the patch or not. Maybe they wanted to see who and when people would start to complain. If they would have made this public just before the patch, the responses to it wouldn't have been any different.

Too bad you let yourself to be influenced by this, this is the best version of SWG available and all the changes made in silent, were for the better. Which other silent decisions are you referring to? Maybe I have missed some bad choices.

I come from SWTOR and this kind of behavior does hurt the community when they stealth a change instead of being upfront. Sure people will complain, that is something that will always happen but having changes that are not stated upfront kind of looks like they are trying to hide something and not being honest about it. While this may be a one time thing, it kind gives the impression they can make stealth changes again without informing people and that is not a good idea.

As far as the AFK the only time I do it is on Mustafar and Kasy with my traders so doesn't really affect me but the way it was announced leaves me wondering what else are they going to change without letting us know and that makes me wonder.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing