Thread: Quest Area Policy

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Senior Player
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this. AFK should never take priority over AtK play. Thanks, devs!

2. #12 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Player
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that AFK was getting out of hand in some POI spots and I don't think those necessarily should have changed. Out of all the complains I have viewed, it was complaints about AFK in legacy spots. To fix that, the simple thing would have been to remove junk loot from those spots and possibly lower the credits received to somewhere between 5-10 credits per kill making it not profitable to AFK those Legacy areas.

But this changed doesn't effect me in the least. However, if you are going to put a limit on these spots, then you may want to also adjust the Frosch Bunker. There are at least 7-8 AFK groups inside and at least 3 outside at any given time. If you are going to nerf the areas listed, then the Frosch Bunker should be on that list.

Also, I think if this had of been announced before implemented, some people may have taken it a little better.

Just my thoughts.

3. #13 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the only time I AFK is on Mustafar and Kasy for my traders, I do think not informing the players before the implementation was wrong. I play on SWTOR and when they do make a stealth change it creates more problems than if they were upfront with the players. Yes people will complain about things anyways but being honest and upfront about changes is better than doing a stealth change and then coming to the players and telling them oh we have made this change. There is never a reason that people should not be informed about the change. This sets a bad example and will get players wondering what stealth change will happen next and players will lose trust in the devs.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing

4. #14 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just another excuse for the damn ultra-liberals running this country to crack down on our GOD GIVEN RIGHT to own firearms.

I'm tired of these damn progressives and their big government. You want my guns? Come and get em!

5. #15 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Community Contributor

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A sensible and well thought out solution overall. I would agree more dedicated 'slum thief-like' static rapid re-spawn for junk loot only would be great. Maybe well away from any questing areas and in several locations on several planets. Or a substantial increase in the junk loot numbers dropped per kill on lower level mobs through atk questing / missions.

6. #16 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Community Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Quest Area Policy"
    @Neliev
    I'm sorry what what quest does the Krayt Dragon Graveyard interfere with??

All you've done is stop people using alts on follow with macro's. This isn't a spot that is hardcore AFK farmed. I refuse to believe you get many complaints about this. If your plan is to stop AFK alts on follow I really hope you've added this system to DWB, Heroics and World bosses.
    -Nidums / Too Tired

7. #17 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must say I love now space grinders will have to be ATK. This might be a pain in the ass for some, I know it is hard to loot, but come on, it's not that much of a nightmare

8. #18 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Forum Advisor

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    The Blackscale spawn does not effect a mission. I know the blackscale flight leader spawns near there but it isn't targeted by the AFK players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masont View Post
    What quests were affected by macros being ran in the krayt graveyard or which new players were visiting it and being disrupted...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaria View Post
    ...for the sake of transparency, I feel something major like this should have been announced prior to its implementation.
    Second all of the above. I really hate to criticise because I know the team are putting a huge amount of work into this project and think you're doing an unbelievably amazing job on the whole, but this implementation seems inconsistent and poorly thought out to me.

I think it's disappointing that macros have been targetted when they're not the cause of the problem. Restricting the utility of macros doesn't address the key issue here, it sets us off down the wrong path and has negative, unintended knock-on effects for other players.

I honestly think the only thing that's needed to put an end to widespread AFK farming is to implement better alternatives for obtaining things ATK. Having characters online grinding junk loot 24/7 and writing off zones of Mustafar with hordes of hand-samplers isn't good for players or the server. Remove the incentives for senseless AFK and make commodities like that available in ways which incentivise better gameplay, or at least target the actual problem – there's no reason or benefit to encouraging a plague of AFK characters everywhere; it worked for SOE who profitted from the subs but it makes no sense here, where it can be assessed on its own merit.

Remove the incentive and the problem behaviour will go away. Use those incentives to encourage better gameplay instead and the server will actively benefit from it.
    Last edited by Siala; 04-13-2018 at 06:50 AM.

Drop-off: /way naboo 100 5800 *Si* Drop-Off (New Prometheus, Naboo)
    Discord: @Siala#3024

9. #19 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks, something had to be done. I'm staunchly pro-afk, however the degree to which its been applied here by us the players is too much. Frankly it's a deterrent at times.

I think the approach will be iterative, so suggestions will be more welcome than complaints!

10. #20 Re: Quest Area Policy 
    Community Guide

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor decision making. Don’t see any issue with macroing non quest areas. A shining example of how this project is being run into the ground