User Tag List

Thread: *Friday Feature - Factional Player Bases*

1. #1 *Friday Feature - Factional Player Bases* 
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Factional player placed bases add an exciting element to both PvP and the Galactic control struggle between Imperials and Rebels. They can be purchased from factional recruiters and placed accordingly to the percentage of factional control for that planet. What we are going to look for here is how do you get rid of them once placed!

Base Vulnerable Times:
    What you need is an opposite faction member or 'undercover alt" or informant that is at least a Warrant Officer II. Then look at the planet map and record the time, there is a three hour window to take the base down when you see a sun icon, a moon icon means it is not able to be attacked (vulnerable).

Another way to check if a base is vulnerable if you don't have an informant is to get close enough and just do a quick /tar power. If you target the power regulator it's vulnerable. If you don not target anything, it's not.

Base Entry:
    You’ll need to be special forces for bases labeled with SF and combatant for the others. Get inside quickly and kill the NPCs for SF bases unless you’re looking for some PvP!!

Base Terminals:
    First person to slice is the Bounty Hunter on the uplink Terminal: He will have to walk up next to the uplink to begin the process of jamming the uplink. Open up the radial menu and click on the jam uplink. When you begin your jamming process you will see a set of number 1-10. (Make sure that your system messages is enabled in your options) I would recommend you pick 5 at this point because it’s in the middle. You will get a system message that tells you’re too higher or lower. If it were lower choose 3. If it were higher choose 8. As you can see you will eliminate the time if you keep narrowing it down as quick as possible. Once you find the right number you will have to rinse and repeat this method.

Second person to slice is the Smuggler on the Security Terminal: This is the tricky one and the one that can be bugged so don't get depressed if you have a failed slice. Walk close to the security terminal and open the radial menu click on slice terminal. You will get an option box that all smugglers should be familiar with if they have sliced. You will use your molecular clamp first and that will bring up another box letting you know if it's blue or red. Follow the instructions on the slice and slice whatever the box tells you to slice. Now here is where you'll find out if you were successful in your slice or not. Look on your spatial menu for a successful slice. If you see this as successful it will tell you the terminal is sliced. If not you will get a message along the lines of this slice has failed. So you need to wash and repeat the steps listed above.

Third person to slice is the Medic on the Override Terminal: This is the most time consuming slice. So you have to make sure that you watch your Medic's back. When the Medic approaches the term same as above just open up your radial menu and click on DNA Sample. This will bring up a box with 44 letters. Now don't freak out when you see this, it's pretty easy but time consuming. The object of this is to look at the sample on the top of the box. It will be a random 3-letter code that consists of now more those 4 variables of letters (ACGT). It is suggest that the Medic make this window stretch from the top of his/her screen all the way to the bottom giving you better oversight of all the codes. Then you start picking letters from the bottom up making it quicker. When you look at the sample code at the top of the window pay attention to the First letter. If the first letter of it is an A you click on a T. If the first letter is a T you click on an A. If the first letter is a C you click on a G. If the first letter is a G you click on a C. There are a total of 22 matches you must do before you are finished with this step. You will see a message in your spatial chat saying you have completed the slice.

Fourth person to slice is the Commando on the Power Regulator: This one is short and sweet. Just go stand next to the power regulator and open your radial menu to start this process. You will see a set of 8 power switches that have either on or off next to them. All you do is click on the on buttons and turn them in the off position. Now don't get worried when you click off one it will turn a different one on. Just continue to push all the on buttons (usually only takes 6 at the most) until you get the system message that tells your you have shut down the power.

Fifth person to slice is the Officer on the Primary Terminal: Go to the top of the base if it's a large or the front entrance of the smaller ones and click on the terminal. If all the slicing were done properly you will just click the activate overload.

Now here is where the defense comes into play. You have 10 minutes to protect this countdown. Keep a good look out for only special forces/overt opposite faction players, as they are the only ones that can shut down the base by resetting it (below). Be on alert for Spies AoE often, it’s a good idea to get binoculars from a factional recruiter before going to “base bust”.

After the 10 minute timer you can feel as though you've dealt a blow against the opposite faction! And, more importantly take a screenshot and share it with the owner of the base . Player bases add to the factional "tic" of the Galactic Zone they are in.

The placing of these bases give bonuses to the GCW points and Factional Presence that are earned nearby. GCW points are increased by a certain percentage within a certain radius, as shown below:

• Forward Outpost - 1%, 750m
    • SF Forward Outpost - 2%, 750m
    • Field Hospital - 3%, 1000m
    • SF Field Hospital - 5%, 1000m
    • Tactical Center - 6%, 1250m
    • SF Tactical Center - 8%, 1250m
    • Detachment Headquarters - 10%, 1500m
    • SF Detachment Headquarters - 12%, 1500m

Stay up to date with the latest Friday Feature, which contains useful information to players new and veteran alike!
    View the whole collection: https://swglegends.com/forums/showth...te-Collection*
    Last edited by Laviz; 02-08-2019 at 01:39 PM.

2. #2 Re: *Friday Feature - Factional Player Bases* 
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see beter mechanics to defend these bases. The risk vs reward to place a base is much higher than destroying a base.

An SF HQ costs upwards of 4.5 million credits. It costs attackers nothing to destroy it.

The point I am making is that is takes alot of resources to place a base, so the ability to protect that base needs to be improved.

3. #3 Re: *Friday Feature - Factional Player Bases* 
    Player

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very cool! i never even knew these existed haha

4. #4 Re: *Friday Feature - Factional Player Bases* 
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ADawg View Post
    I would like to see beter mechanics to defend these bases. The risk vs reward to place a base is much higher than destroying a base.

An SF HQ costs upwards of 4.5 million credits. It costs attackers nothing to destroy it.

The point I am making is that is takes alot of resources to place a base, so the ability to protect that base needs to be improved.
    Any suggestions? Totally agree, I'd also like for then to have a bit more value to the owner!

5. #5 Re: *Friday Feature - Factional Player Bases* 
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrackenOne View Post
    Any suggestions? Totally agree, I'd also like for then to have a bit more value to the owner!
    I have tons of suggestions for GCW let me list some specifically for player bases:

Involve crafters: just like with invasions, crafters should be able to create and upgrade defensive measures for bases. These can have a maintenance requirement to add a risk/reward metric.

Structures: Create turrets, upgrade turrets
    Domestics: ability to create/upgrade npc spawn points in and around the base, similar to defensive spawns in city invasions. The npcs will respawn after a set time similar to invasions
    Munitions: Ability to create vehicle defenses and/or improve minefield lethality

Also, making booby traps in the base, like a gas that causes a dot when an enemy faction enters the base. The longer you are in the base, the worse the dot becomes.

Bottom line, with these bases being so expensive, there should be measures to protect them.

I also have ideas for the static bases, and I made a post in the GCW section of the forum. The basic concept is that the static bases upgrade defenses every time the stims upgrade. So the higher level stims, the harder it will be to flip the base. 1 cloaked spy should not be able to easily flip a max level static base.

6. #6 Re: *Friday Feature - Factional Player Bases* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question, I placed a base but now since my area has grown I need the factional base removed. I select on the console "Destroy Structure" however an error message comes up "player_structure: [store_pets_for_delete]. So I cant' store the npc's in the factional base, is there anyways to destroy it, or do I just hope people come around to destroy it?

7. #7 Re: *Friday Feature - Factional Player Bases* 
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Namknir View Post
    I have a question, I placed a base but now since my area has grown I need the factional base removed. I select on the console "Destroy Structure" however an error message comes up "player_structure: [store_pets_for_delete]. So I cant' store the npc's in the factional base, is there anyways to destroy it, or do I just hope people come around to destroy it?
    Never tried to blow up/destroy my own honestly. I'll have to ask around and try some things to answer this.

8. #8 Re: *Friday Feature - Factional Player Bases* 
    Project Admin

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrackenOne View Post
    Never tried to blow up/destroy my own honestly. I'll have to ask around and try some things to answer this.
    Will need to contact a CSR to remove these unfort!