Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
  1. #61 Re: Development Update: November Game Update 
    Senior Player

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ulukinatme View Post
    The problem is people were exploiting by splitting stims or whatever it was. Fix the exploit or punish those that used it, the problem goes away.
    Okay, so I suppose I am understanding things a bit more here with more input. Naively I didn't understand the scope of how much people were utilizing stims. Like a few others, I had one area I ATK farmed, and stims do not drop as often there. Weapons did, but Stims were a helpful amount added. Last night, my earnings were down by well over a 1/3 due to reduced stim amounts.

But I am seeing the problem now. I would still like to see them have some sort of value, as they are frustrating to see in my inventory and not benefiting me at all, but I can understand now that if folks were splitting them or going to areas where they dropped ridiculously high, that's a problem.

I would ask for a better solution than just nixing their credit value. I wish there was a middle ground, but now that the exploits have been more further explained I guess I can understand the extreme move against their value. Still sucks for those of us legitimately using them....

2. #62 Re: Development Update: November Game Update 
    Community Contributor ulukinatme's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iheamylap View Post
    Okay, so I suppose I am understanding things a bit more here with more input. Naively I didn't understand the scope of how much people were utilizing stims. Like a few others, I had one area I ATK farmed, and stims do not drop as often there. Weapons did, but Stims were a helpful amount added. Last night, my earnings were down by well over a 1/3 due to reduced stim amounts.

But I am seeing the problem now. I would still like to see them have some sort of value, as they are frustrating to see in my inventory and not benefiting me at all, but I can understand now that if folks were splitting them or going to areas where they dropped ridiculously high, that's a problem.

I would ask for a better solution than just nixing their credit value. I wish there was a middle ground, but now that the exploits have been more further explained I guess I can understand the extreme move against their value. Still sucks for those of us legitimately using them....
    Exactly. The stims weren't hurting the market, they're only a fraction of what generates creds in the game. From what I gather the big problem is people were using some sort of exploit to increase their creds when selling stims. It seriously gets old just deleting stims constantly now, especially on the mobs that drop them often. Reducing the payout so drastically for stims isn't going to radically change the economics of the game, prices are going to remain the same on items while the rich just get richer. The change had to have been made with that exploit in mind, and instead of punishing those people or fixing the loophole we all now suffer.
    Somethings Fishy - Smuggler, Ace of Aces, Mon Cal Playboy
    Rosa Farrell - Commando
    Reverend MC-Hammerhead - Medic
    DrEmmett Brown - Shipwright
    Ashilee Skera - Entertainer

3. #63 Re: Development Update: November Game Update 
    Community Veteran

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should have nerfed the stim drop rate in fast respawn areas. They know where those are.

I farmed for weeks on Dant for holos, mostly ATK, and got what I thought were huge stacks of stims. Not one stack was worth more than 350k.

If there are fast respawn, and high stim drop rates areas, those are what should be nerfed.

If there's some exploit to jack up your stack size, then punish the exploiters.
    Last edited by EpicValor; 12-07-2017 at 05:16 PM.

4. #64 Re: Development Update: November Game Update 
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say that the stims have been an annoyance for me when ATK grinding. 10 credits a stim is not worth keeping for selling, and I don't use them on my toon.

I know I'm new here so I don't want to burst in and just thrust my crotch where it doesn't belong, but maybe I can pose a solution. It'd probably be similar to solutions proposed before me.

Raise the price of stims to 50 credits--a nice even sum. Even at 50 credits a piece, with an hour of ATK grinding, that's something like 5k in my pocket. The equivalent(ish) of a piece of gear in a CL60-65 area (I have the force-sensitives on Dantooine in mind).

This way, the price of stims relative to the price of a single piece of gear isn't so diffuse that it breaks the economy, but concentrated enough that it equals the typical price of one piece of gear.

Anyway, yeah. Crotch-thrusting over.