Thread: Community update - Credit selling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11 Re: Community update - Credit selling 
    Player

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well if Devs would fix the credit environment so you could not sell for such high prices on public vendors, allow quicker loot drops for say the the Sith Waistpack Holo 4/5 and stopped AFK mining in Caves and other areas maybe people would not have to go and buy needed items for such high prices. 50-96M creds for a 4/5 Holo when most new players have very little starting off with a lvl 90 toon, just asks for people to look to buy credits.

I have come back to playing and been on for 5 months, yet I have less than 1M due to buying things to be better, ship parts, and cannot even loot the infamous 4/5 Holo after all this time, max luck etc as a matter of fact I have not even found 1 Holocron in 5 weeks, and where I could I have to get with AFK farmers taking items for Jedi by crafters and other classes to then sell to me for 96M creds, REALLY.

Fix the damn system.

2. #12 Re: Community update - Credit selling 
    Galactic Senator SplinterStrike's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the Sith holo rarity persists, those prices are in actuality far lower than they have been in the last year alone, selling for easily triple digits in the past. Yes it sucks, but there are ways to make credits without resorting to spending real money.

Here are multiple options for making credits, as it appears you need some tips.
    1. Do your daily terminal missions
    2. Farm in demand items such as storage collection pieces
    3. Complete quests/collections with unique deco rewards like the bubbling rocks
    4. Run heroics to sell jewelry sets
    5. Sell your veteran rewards if you don't want them

Adding to the above list, space content, namely duty missions and convoys. One piece of loot is minimum 1,000 credits if it's junk. If it's good, it could be worth millions to pilots. Use the stc.txt file in the Discord pilot club pins to help you sort the good from the bad. There are also two pilot specific Discords, the Black Flag and the Pilot Hangout for more contact with the pilot community on Legends. Space mining is another solid choice, albeit boring to some, it pays 100cpu making for easy millions.

Once again, do your quest lines, they often offer hefty credit payouts and some unique rewards that can be sold for a pretty penny if you don't want to keep them.

If you have a trader or spare lots you aren't using, do some sampling and harvesting for the big crafters on the server, sell them the raw resources. Ask in the crafter's corner channel on discord for a resource contract, they'll usually provide you with a waypoint, say get this resource for me and I'll pay you X per unit. It's a matter of finding content that's enjoyable for you to farm.

Quoting a good one from another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBuff View Post
    Kill stuff (lots)
    Loot stuff
    Sell stuff

That may sound a bit patronizing at first, but it's so true.

Regardless of your level, you can accrue a large amount of credits relatively quickly simply by fighting everything you come across.

Fight NPCs for credits and loot.

Fight creatures for loot and isomerase enzymes. You can also harvest meat, bone, or hide.

Sell most of the loot to junk dealers.

Some loot, such as multi-stat stuff, can be sold on the bazaar for much more than what the junk dealers will give you.

Junk loot can be sold to junk dealers, but some traders will also buy it... albeit mostly in quantity.

Backpacks and some collection items and other miscellaneous things sell fairly well on the bazaar.

Isomerase enzymes can also be sold on the bazaar, though it's mostly the high-quality stuff that moves. At times, however, even the crapola stuff will sell.

Creature resources may or may not sell well here on Legends... I don't know, as I keep all my stuff. But back in the live game that stuff sold very well.

As regards the OP's concern... while you're leveling up, terminal missions are only worth the time and effort because of the XP... once you reach level 90, they are not worth the time and effort for the credits alone. You're better off going out to various places just to fight and loot. I prefer Dathomir, but there's plenty of places to go for loot.

Bottom line:

Kill stuff (lots)
    Loot stuff
    Sell stuff

Fade to Black...

3. #13 Re: Community update - Credit selling 
    Community Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SplinterStrike posted some sound advice! Whoever was trying to sell you a 4/5 WP sith holo though was trying to take you to the cleaners! A year ago they were going for around 50-60 mil but now you can find them for about half that. Still expensive by some standards but far better than they used to be!

4. #14 Re: Community update - Credit selling 
    Community Contributor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I specialize in being a middle man. Someone posts they want to buy something for let's say 200k. I search the bazaar and find it for 100k. I have made over 150 million doing this. Getting kind of bored doing it now lol. I bought almost all the vehicles in the game, 35's, pup's, jedi holocron, and heroics.

I love it when people are too busy to run around picking up what they want.

5. #15 Re: Community update - Credit selling 
    Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontway View Post
    well if Devs would fix the credit environment so you could not sell for such high prices on public vendors, allow quicker loot drops for say the the Sith Waistpack Holo 4/5 and stopped AFK mining in Caves and other areas maybe people would not have to go and buy needed items for such high prices. 50-96M creds for a 4/5 Holo when most new players have very little starting off with a lvl 90 toon, just asks for people to look to buy credits.

I have come back to playing and been on for 5 months, yet I have less than 1M due to buying things to be better, ship parts, and cannot even loot the infamous 4/5 Holo after all this time, max luck etc as a matter of fact I have not even found 1 Holocron in 5 weeks, and where I could I have to get with AFK farmers taking items for Jedi by crafters and other classes to then sell to me for 96M creds, REALLY.

Fix the damn system.

I don't mean to be rude friend but have you completed the legacy quests?
    If im correct from start to finish legacy should net you with around 1mil (maybe more) from the quest rewards themselves on a combat toon.
    You can also farm my man.
    I recently started here after a long career on live (WH-SS after they consolidated) and I made the assumption each toon got a 90 token...leveled my trader first, and let me tell you I feel your pain.

Through grinding, and doing legacy I have gotten myself a few mill which I have turned into 10. I know that's not the 95million youre looking for but instant gratification is what killed this game several times in my humble opinion.

As far as the farmers, most of them are running invite macros and are very friendly. Jump in with them, get yourself some free credits. I would be willing to help you with macros if you need some help!

Get creative with the economy, farm stat loot. A backpack of stat loot can net you some good cash from the right person.

6. #16 Re: Community update - Credit selling 
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm interesting

7. #17 Re: Community update - Credit selling 
    Senior Player

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    become a smuggler slice terminals get about an extra 4 maybe 5 k on top of the mission payout that works for me.
    also become a BH NPC missions are 30k plus each plus you get a chance for some good loot worth a couple of mill.
    don't buy credits if the wrong people find out then they might even force the server to close.

8. #18 Re: Community update - Credit selling 
    Senior Player

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure why you are complaining about prices of certain items. Yes, 95 million credits is a hefty fee for a rare item, but everything rare is expensive. It's called demand for an item that doesnt drop a lot. I mean, I know Lamborgini's dont roll out by the amounts a Kia Picanto or a Nissan Quashqai rolls out of the factory. They arent priced the same either. The lamborgini is more rare than your average family car.

Legacy alone, without any extra brings in easy 3 / 4 million credits. Did it for me to get me started. There are tons of ways to make money, but you have to invest time into it. You resort to quick cash, then you just simply dont understand the game mechanics and like to fuck up our economy even more, let alone the game. Its because of people go in with quick cash is that prices of certain items fly off the charts.

See that 95 million as payment for someone who invested the time in it to actually farm it. Cause a lot of us do it at the keyboard, not afk macro'ing it.

9. #19 Re: Community update - Credit selling 
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvalla View Post
    See that 95 million as payment for someone who invested the time in it to actually farm it. Cause a lot of us do it at the keyboard, not afk macro'ing it.

You see the issue? We are talking about an item that is needed for one collection in row of a couple other collections to get your profession gear. And the sith 4/5 is not the only "exceptional rare" item in this collection, the sith 1/5 and jedi 4/5 are adding up. The simple conclusion is the drop rates of these items are way too low.

Farming for credits or holos, either way will keep you busy for weeks. If this treadmill is what SWG means to you and you have fun this way it is ok, but you have to admit this is no real win situation for group, guild and community. Also I am sure the sheer fact of this issue discourages a lot of ppl and is reason to leave the game.

If there are exceptional items that are - and should be - exceptional rare any price is ok. But neither the belt nor the collection by itself is among those. IMHO it may be "worth" a few mill but not a fortune.

Finally - suggestions like "slice terminals" or "do legacy" etc regarding a 95+mill credit volume simply are an insult.

10. #20 Re: Community update - Credit selling 
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how people are adding in some ideas on how to earn credits and do market checks. Yes it can get boring but worth it in the end. For example, Crate of free resource deeds were up to about 18 million at one time. A deal would be between 10 - 15 but with time searching, I got one for 3 million. They just needed credits so I said sure. you got a deal.

The other is this post is an old post and it involved some devious players who were abusing the credit system. A.k.a. - credit selling for REAL LIFE MONEY.
    Also at that time some exploits were involved like the stimpack one for example. A couple of others but I won't go into detail about them since they have already been taken care of.
    LordEatose's Outhouse - Canton, Corellia /way -899 38 1060
    Variety of different stuff I got up for sale.