Thread: *Friday Feature- Upcoming Features!*

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. #1 *Friday Feature- Upcoming Features!* 
    Project Admin

Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

In this week's Friday Feature we wanted to tease you all with an exclusive first-look at some of the game features coming in the near future to Omega!

Newsnet Terminals: Bringing the Galaxy’s News to You
    Many of you have come across Newsnet Terminals in-game and wondered what purpose they served. Currently, the Newsnet Terminal provides information about Imperial/Rebel forces on the ground and any progress or complications they may be experiencing within the Galactic Civil War including generic type roleplay generated stories. In the near future, the Newsnet Terminal will act as an in-game event browser so you constantly have up to date information about server and community events without having to leave the game! Now, who wants to see some screenshots?!

In the screenshot below you can see that once you radial menu the Newsnet Terminal you will be able to access the “Read Headlines” radial option.

Once within the interface of the Newsnet Terminal you will be able to browse and select events you wish to attend by navigating the list. Each listed event will be provided with a waypoint of a location providing you with the correct event information you need to attend in-game events!.

Events hosted by our community will also be available to be added to the terminal by contacting RoarAsh on the SWG Legends forum or Discord under the same alias.

Your Galaxy Far, Far Away:

What server did you call home when Star Wars Galaxies was live? We’re really excited to give you a first look at our brand new Galaxy Origin Device! This device will allow you to pay homage to your original homeworld server by granting your characters with the “Fugitive from” and “Traveller from” player character titles.

Upon logging into Omega you will be able to redeem the device by using the veteran reward system which can be accessed by typing /claim into the chat window and then selecting the “Galaxy Origin Device” from the list. Please note this is granted only once per character.
    The image below shows the Galaxy Origin Device.

Upon using the device you will be taken to the following interface which will allow you to select one server from the following list. Note that we will be unable to change the server/titles you select from this option so make sure you select the correct server!

After confirming your selected home server you will be granted with two character titles which will mark your character from that selected server.

A More Visible Galactic Homeshow

As many of you know, each month we host a Galactic Homeshow contest in which we actively encourage players to enter to show-off their most iconic, creative, and ambitious in-game decorative skills. You can enter this month within this link! https://swglegends.com/forums/showth...453#post126453

We really wanted the whole galaxy to know who those lucky winners are, so we have added a new sub-category to the Planetary Map which can be accessed by pressing “V” in-game. You will now be able to view and save the waypoint of each Galactic Homeshow winner. Perhaps a tour of the galaxy to get some inspiration of your own is in order?! (See the screenshot below!)

Space is getting colder and deadlier!

Pilots, we have some upcoming changes you’ll be very glad to hear about! Soon you’ll take collision damage from space stations, asteroids and capital ships. You’ll need to be careful when in the pilot seat! We are also bringing collision to gunboats when taking the fight to PvP.
    A lot of you have requested player-controlled POBs being boardable by other players. We will be making this a reality so you are able to board a group member’s ship!

If you are an ace pilot hyper-spacing to Kessel who enjoys undertaking duty missions for those ever-so-precious duty tokens, we will be giving you more of an incentive to group with friends! Did someone say extra tokens?

We hope you have enjoyed having a first look at these exciting upcoming features. As always, a massive thank you to everyone for all of the love and support for the project.

May the Force be with you!
    -The SWG Legends Team.

Stay up to date with the latest Friday Feature, which contains useful information to players new and veteran alike!
    View the whole collection: https://swglegends.com/forums/showth...te-Collection*
    Last edited by Laviz; 02-08-2019 at 01:57 PM.

2. #2 Re: *Friday Feature- Upcoming Features!* 
    Community Contributor ulukinatme's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome stuff! Especially excited about the space stuff. Boarding was something the devs used to say couldn't be done, but as time went on it became apparent that they just didn't know how to work with space...not until Hjal started adding things like Atmospheric Flight at the end.

3. #3 Re: *Friday Feature- Upcoming Features!* 
    Former Senator

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good :)
    Wagnar: Master Smuggler, Beastmaster, Alliance Ace Pilot, Master Chronicler and Alliance General (Ret.)--Chriztal: Master Officer, Beastmaster, Imperial Ace Pilot and Imperial General (Ret.)--Pearll: Master Crafter, Chief Geneticist and Corsec Master Pilot--Ivar: Master Crafter and Chief Geneticist --Amathyst: Master Medic -- All proud Members of DAWN / IBM

Don't ask: What can The Community do for Me ? --- Ask: What can I do for The Community ?

4. #4 Re: *Friday Feature- Upcoming Features!* 
    Community Veteran

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SOE who? Legends team continues to impress!

5. #5 Re: *Friday Feature- Upcoming Features!* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is fantastic. Space update sounds really good and I'm not even that much of a pilot. This'll give me more incentive to fly :)

6. #6 Re: *Friday Feature- Upcoming Features!* 
    Senior Player

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Badass dudes!

7. #7 Re: *Friday Feature- Upcoming Features!* 
    Former Senator

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that my beloved news net terminals are finally getting some use.

Not happy with collision damage, even if it is realistic. But docking with a POB is the best news ever. No more landing to pick up slow moving group members. YAY! :D

8. #8 Re: *Friday Feature- Upcoming Features!* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, the game is going to end up being better than it was in the first place, Here let me give you my tie defender and tie phantom mesh's i've made ;) lets give the imps some "better ships" (i jest of course but the offer is there)

9. #9 Re: *Friday Feature- Upcoming Features!* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very niceeee.

10. #10 Re: *Friday Feature- Upcoming Features!* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reas "weekly battlefield night" 😲 is that already a thing? I can never find battlefields