Thread: *Friday Feature- Legendary Points of Interest*

1. #1 *Friday Feature- Legendary Points of Interest* 
    Event Staff

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hello Legends,

In this week’s Friday feature we will be taking a closer look at a few of the galaxies most iconic points of Interests and how you can find them in-game for yourself!

What is a POI? A POI is a point of interest. Within a galaxy as creative and expansive as the Star Wars universe there are many iconic locations waiting to be explored by you! Each planet has a set of unique point of interests.

What do I get for visiting a POI? Many of the point of interest locations will grant you an exploration badge for visiting the locations. If you wish to have a complete list of those then.. Here you go! http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Exploration_badges some of these locations make a great location for some screenshots of you and friends! Do you have any screenshots at any POI’s? Feel free to post them within this thread!

How do I determine if a location is a POI? When in-game you can find if an area of the map is a POI by pressing “V” which will bring up your planetary map you can then filter the selections to show waypoints to POI’s (See the screenshot below)

Having such legendary locations in-game for you to explore makes opportune spots for in-game events such as parties & celebrations! Will you try to impress Jabba the Hutt with your band of entertainers at Jabba’s Palace on Tatooine?

Perhaps you know a menacing Rebel? One which has been causing chaos and disruption within the galaxy and you’ve decided enough is enough and want to lock them away forever in the very remote Dathomir prison POI with the highest 24/7 Imperial security.

Every story starts somewhere. Why not return to the start of the Star Wars saga by visiting Lars Homestead on Tatooine! You’ll have to make sure you visit when there isn't a sandstorm taking place.

Visiting Dathomir can be very dangerous. Did someone say the Nightsisters? You can visit the Nightsister Stronghold on Dathomir. Watch out they aren’t a friendly bunch but maybe at this sanctuary they will drop ancient Jedi Holocrons used to progress a Jedi’s strength.

What's your favorite POI? Let us know below!
    Last edited by RoarAsh; 05-19-2017 at 01:09 PM.

2. #2 Re: *Friday Feature- Legendary Points of Interest* 
    Senior Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like lars homestead, it was cool to see it for the first time in game rather than in the movie.

3. #3 Re: *Friday Feature- Legendary Points of Interest* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite is the Krayt Dragon skeleton. I remember the first time I watched episode 4 after playing SWG and seeing the skeleton in the background behind C3-P0 and saying "ohh I've been there... and that's why a Krayt Dragon skeleton is in the middle of the desert in game"

4. #4 Re: *Friday Feature- Legendary Points of Interest* 
    Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the write up, it was suggested the other day that I go and tour the POI's! Had a blast driving across Tatooine last night!

And for me it's Jabba's palace all the way (so far at least). There was just something about seeing it off in the distance, then making it to that classic, ominous entrance. The interior alone was killer!

5. #5 Re: *Friday Feature- Legendary Points of Interest* 
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Theed's Royal Palace is a really cool spot with a badge or two to be earned and some quests to acquire!

I like Theed Palace and Jabba's in particular because you see them from a large distance across the landscape of the planet they are on. Jabba's in particular as those who do Legacy can attest, the looming shadow of Jabba the Hutt's control over Tatooine is apparent.

Not a listed POI, but the Jedi and Dark Jedi enclaves on Yavin are a must see as well!